Porcelain Veneers In Bangkok

ProfessorMMA

Someone was asking about getting procelain veneers in one of the threads on teeth whitening. I hope y'all don't mind that I started a new thread on the subject:

I'm in the process of getting 8 porcelain veneers installed on my upper bridge of teeth. For those who don't know about the procedure, it's basically a cosmetic dental procedure where you have a thin lawyer of your tooth ginded down and a layer of porcelain laid on top to correct spacing, discoloration, etc. It's very popular amongst movie and tv personalities, and in America is quote expensive (ranging anywhere from $1000-$2500 per tooth!). Needless to say, you can get the procedure done much more cheaply in Thailand using labs that use the same materials and technology you find in America.

Because I grew up in a third-world country, my teeth are yellow and greyish due to tetracycline stains caused by some antibiotics I was given as a child. I have been planning to get veneers done for a while, but because I've been a college/grad student for the last 7 years, the prohibitive cost kept the procedure out of my price range. With a salary advance from my future employer however, I finally had enough money for a trip to Thailand. I didn't come here specifically to get my veneers done, but came across the idea after observing the large number of people I see walking around with some impressive plastic surgery done! (I have some plastic surgeons in my family so I have a decent eye for that kind of thing).

You can pretty much just google "thailand porcelain veneers" and come across a bunch of clinics. Price ranges from 8000-12000 baht per tooth, with the average price being around 10k baht or $270 USD per tooth. I went with what seemed like the most experienced operation I could find which the Thantakit Dental Center, which has been in business for over 60 years. Not surprisingly, they also charge more for the procedure than any other clinic I researched but since the the per tooth procedures costs on average $1500 per tooth in the US (and up to $2000-2500 for the most famous practitioners), I figured paying the premium would be worth it.

Right now I have temporary veneers on, and my teeth hurt like hel_l because they keep falling out and exposing my grinded down teeth (a common problem that I was aware of before I came in, and was also warned of at the dental office). Extra strength Tylonol pretty much eliminates the sometimes excruciating pain I have from tooth sensitivity, so overall the experience so far has not been too traumatizing. Aside from the pain when the Tylonol wears off, I can't really bite down on anything with my front 8 teeth, which means I have to eat either really soft food, or not too hard food that has been chopped up into small pieces.

I'm having the permanent veneers implanted in 48 hours, so wish me luck!