Prayut regime 'moderate', says new French Ambassador

webfact

in reference to climate change it is imperative that all countries adhere to the rules regarding co2 emissions and any country failing to stick to the rules should be dealt with ,flooding in various parts of the world are a result of global warming a warning to the world in general to stop co2 emissions now not later.

"The country always found the right solutions for national and international conflict,"

12 coup d'etats and counting; 20 contsitutions and counting.

Funny how those right solutions never seem to be the final solution!

Did the French ambassador just mock the Prayut regime?

Quite simple really, Thailand had a democracy and now they have a military junta ruling. So a transition to a democracy "again" is meaningless if the military feel that they call pull the reigns whenever it suits them.

Are you serious ! Thailand had a democracy ? When a total crook bribes the nation then proceeds to pillage it you call that a democracy ? Shame on you ! The sad fact is that true democracy can only exist in a country filled with intelligent middle class citizens who are capable of understanding the important issues and casting a sensible vote to try and make conditions better for all. Here in Thailand this is not the case, and in my opinion the military, though not perfect, are doing a much better job than their predecessors.

I do believe he is serious, you, I'm not so sure about.

Isn't it curious how some presumably intelligent and politically savvy people will come up with all kinds of definitions of what is democracy and what isn't, solely to justify a military takeover of a country.

Why do they do that? There is NO justification for a military takeover of any country.

Quite simple really, Thailand had a democracy and now they have a military junta ruling. So a transition to a democracy "again" is meaningless if the military feel that they call pull the reigns whenever it suits them.

Are you serious ! Thailand had a democracy ? When a total crook bribes the nation then proceeds to pillage it you call that a democracy ? Shame on you ! The sad fact is that true democracy can only exist in a country filled with intelligent middle class citizens who are capable of understanding the important issues and casting a sensible vote to try and make conditions better for all. Here in Thailand this is not the case, and in my opinion the military, though not perfect, are doing a much better job than their predecessors.

No mate "shame on you". Why you ask? Well for one thing there is no country now nor past that has ever had a "true democracy", instead there have country's with incomplete forms of or adapted kinds of democracy.

As for your next misguided comment on true democracy takes intelligent middle class citizens <deleted>, well may I suggest you get off your high horse and listen coz the adults are talking ok,,, Wanting a free and fair government that respects the rights of others is not a concept lost on people that do not fit your pigeon box of "intelligent middle class citizens" many people outside your parameter's are quite "capable of understanding the important issues" and have a desire for a better future for all. In fact many could suggest people outside of your "intelligent middle class citizens" would have far greater experience with the important issues than say hummm YOU. So phantomfiddler, attempted innuendos of vote buying at the federal level had no relative impact on the out come, the independent evidence is out there but this is the same old spittle you guy's come out with coz ya don't like the results...

Now Mark could be a great leader, if he had policy's the appealed to the majority, but he doesn't so...

Quick quiz, Three things that the current junta have implemented and successfully completed that had a massive positive impact on the Thai people and the economy and country in comparison to hummm lets say,,, Thaksin??? that shouldn't be to difficult for person of "intelligent middle class" status.

A good example is Aung San Suu Kyi. She will be working under a military microscope. She is there as a front person to say Democracy rules and to pull in foreign investors. One wrong move and the military will sweep back in and say "See we told you so Democracy does not work" If you look at the photo they are just political window dressing here to push trade deals and help big business. You do not even appear on their radar. Its political payback for this guy.

Edited by elgordo38

Shameful, really. He didn't need saying that.

Yes, France is far from having the same kind of leverage force the U.S. has here, so it would have been very unwise to publicly support what's been said by the U.S. diplomat. So... just shut the hell up.

Oh well, regarding the results of regional elections in France yesterday, I guess it fits well.

Some days one's nationality is difficult to bear.

Well Phantomfiddler, if you were living in a democracy you would be entitled to your point of view. However you are living in a country with a military junta and hence you aren't entitled to express your point of view, even if it is to kiss the fiddlers ass

Lick bottom

or then truth and most there would agree except a number of stupid forang who believe their version of democracy is only one. Iraq Libya Afghanistan Syria all show how stupid they are and all countries ruined by ignorant governments. Shame on USA and others

someone tells truth from west at last and most there would agree except a number of stupid forang who believe their version of democracy is only one. Iraq Libya Afghanistan Syria all show how stupid they are and all countries ruined by ignorant governments. Shame on USA and others

The junta probably is moderate compared to the reactionary political movement gaining momentum in France.

and the elite Singapre government. possibly Malaysia too. So it was a fair comment by someone better educated and informed than most of the posters on this subject

The junta probably is moderate compared to the reactionary political movement gaining momentum in France.

and the elite Singapre government. possibly Malaysia too. So it was a fair comment by someone better educated and informed than most of the posters on this subject

I pity your understanding of democracy. Your muddled and confused mind must have caused you to make comparison with democratically elected governments of Singapore and Malaysia. You don't seem very educated.

That is democracy in action. Don't you like it now because you disagree with the results?

No it's not democracy in action Rainman. Duh!!

Ohhhhm you mean in France, my bad!!! Looks like I'm the Rainman, unless you were talking about Thailand of course, Sorry.

What is the reference to "the Rainman" please?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong in what I think it is.

I pity your understanding of democracy. Your muddled and confused mind must have caused you to make comparison with democratically elected governments of Singapore and Malaysia. You don't seem very educated.

Yes, Singapore and Malaysia - famous for their democracy, free speech, free press and thriving oppositions.

Well done Eric. You pronounce judgement on someones education based on a couple of sentences. Maybe you confuse education with intelligence and consider yourself well educated?