Poster of the Year Nominations -- Start Nominating

Fabricus

I was captain of my cricket team when I was young and see Mr VillageFarang as a solid middle order batsman.

I consider him reliable. I'd take pleasure from watching his finely-crafted cover drives; I'd eagerly await his deft, cunning deflections though the slips.

I wish to register my support for the ever buoyant Mr VillageFarang.

Edited by Fabricus

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems remiss of me to have overlooked the indefatigable Mr Crab.

The maestro of 140 words is as deserving a mention as anyone else.

Let me nominate Thaivisa's very own tweet master and resident Khon Khaen expert, Mr JL CRAB.

I was captain of my cricket team when I was young and see Mr VillageFarang as a solid middle order batsman.
I consider him reliable. I'd take pleasure from watching his finely-crafted cover drives; I'd eagerly await his deft, cunning deflections though the slips.
I wish to register my support for the ever buoyant Mr VillageFarang.

*I'm not sure who's left of the TV Cricket Team - the team with two knees

Let me nominate Thaivisa's very own tweet master and resident Khon Khaen expert, Mr JL CRAB.

OK Thanks but it's 140 characters - not 140 words.

BTW as to who is/was JLCrab from Chinatown -- Jack Nicholson as GITTES / Faye Dunaway as EVELYN:

GITTES
-- Jasper Lamar Crabb -- Jasper Lamar Crabb --
[He's pulling out his wallet, excitedly now, spilling its contents onto the seat. He pulls out the obituary column he'd folded up earlier in the day.]
GITTES
(continuing)
We got it. We got it, baby.
EVELYN
What? What is it?
GITTES
There was a memorial service at the Mar Vista Inn today for Jasper Lamar Crabb. He died three weeks ago 82.
EVELYN
Is that unusual?
GITTES
Two weeks ago he bought those 25,000 acres. That's unusual.

OK Thanks but it's 140 characters - not 140 words.

BTW as to who is/was JLCrab from Chinatown -- Jack Nicholson as GITTES / Faye Dunaway as EVELYN:

OK -- back in business.

Big bomb in Pattani @ 20H02. Second, distant bomb @ 20H58. GF back home safe and sound. No worries.

===

I have big problems with Chinatown. Sure, I love Polanski; it goes without saying that I admire Jack Nicholson.

But I've never had a "feeling" for Chinatown. I can see it's technically good; I can see too it's very personal (you obviously know about Polanski's wife).

Watching it -- and re-watching it -- always leaves me cold and unfulfilled.

===

One day soon I may start a SERIOUS thread about Stanley Kubrick. I would love to discuss Barry Lyndon.

Kurtie,even if we mostly disagree the above one is priceless...

Yep -- I'll go with that.

Mr KurtRamsBottom is cool.

His opinions are, well, his opinions.

His observations are, well, his observations.

His views are, well, his views.

Mr KurtRamsBottom is a forum hero and deserves respect.

I happily nominate him.

Edited by Fabricus

I happily nominate him.

You can bag that & keep it,I dont want it.If the playing field was level then maybe! But it isnt,is it?wink.png

I happily nominate him.

You can bag that & keep it,I dont want it.If the playing field was level then maybe! But it isnt,is it?wink.png

It's a level playing field.

And I think you're going to win. I have very high hopes for you.

Please prepare your acceptance speech.

Respect my decision please .do not push it,I hope the mods have a word!whistling.gif

Kurt -- it's now 23H40 here in Thailand.

At exactly 23H00 Obama called me. He said: "Yep, it's gotta be Kurt".

Five minutes later Donald Trump called. He said: "Thank God for Kurt".

At around 23H15 David Cameron (the PM of England) called. He said: "Yeah. Kurt's the man".

At 23H25 the PM of Japan called. I can't remember his name. He said: "Woo shee shoo shee makoo kama Kurt. Whoo shee Kurt".

Seriously -- I think you're gonna win. Stay cool.

I suggest to the OP that he set an ending date and time for the NOMINATING process.

That is because the nominations are only the first step.

Then once the nominations have been closed, the next step can happen.

Since the OP started this (basically VOLUNTEERED) he basically OWNS this now.

At least the first step: NOMINATIONS.

Edited by Jingthing

I suggest to the OP that he set an ending date and time for the NOMINATING process.

You're not running the show, though.

Since the OP started this (basically VOLUNTEERED) he basically OWNS this now.

At least the first step: NOMINATIONS.

IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
I have decided to relinquish control of this thread and hand over the reigns to Mr JT.
Henceforth Mr JT is Poll Lord.
The consensus is that while Monsieur Tobacconist (formerly referred to as Smokie) did an outstanding job in the past, the legendary Mr JT can do better.
@Charlie -- I hereby place The Poll Lord (Mr JT) in control of this thread and all matters associated with it.
May I re-iterate my support for messrs PG-Graham, Transam, Monsieur Tobacconist, Senor Crab, VillageFarang, MaeJoMTB and CypressHill.
I shall have nothing further to do with this thread other than to nominate worthy candidates.
Edited by Fabricus

Actually, how is someone who appears to have half the forum on his ignore list even going to know who's being nominated?

Silly. Your childishness (extreme immaturity, in fact) means you're probably ignored by far more than 50% of this forum's regular contributors.

No one ignores The Poll Lord, however.

When The Poll Lord speaks, the forum listens.

Mr JT is the right man for the job.

Mr JT is The Poll Lord.

I will do it if I get a request from the management and their agreement that they will take the list of NOMINATIONS which I assume will end up well over 20 names, and agree to present the beginning 20 names. I guess about four or five days could be reserved for that. I can easily compile the rough list for them from the eventual output of this thread. In other words, there needs to be an authority figure to cut down any list over 20 to 20 and it should not be me or any member.

Otherwise, no Poll Lord for me.

It needs to be a MANAGEMENT decision.

Ignore list is not a problem. I can select any post and read it, ignore list or not.

Of course, anyone else is welcome to volunteer for this (subject of course to management actions) and implement any structure they choose. The OP doesn't want to follow through so without someone owning it to follow through, including setting the dates for each phase, and dealing with the winnowing process, it won't really happen.

I will assume if management doesn't contact me that they either have their own plan about this and/or don't want me to do this for whatever reason (including my conditions that it's up to them to edit the list to a beginning 20), so maybe it won't happen this year or maybe it will. Whatevers.

What I propose is far from "perfect" but at least it would have a coherent structure and schedule with nothing hidden. I think that would be better than we've had before ... but again, it's not my decision.

Edited by Jingthing

Of course, anyone else is welcome to volunteer for this (subject of course to management actions) and implement any structure they choose. The OP doesn't want to follow through so without someone owning it to follow through, including setting the dates for each phase, and dealing with the winnowing process, it won't really happen.

I will assume if management doesn't contact me that they either have their own plan about this and/or don't want me to do this for whatever reason (including my conditions that it's up to them to edit the list to a beginning 20), so maybe it won't happen this year or maybe it will. Whatevers.

It will happen because you and the moderati will make it happen. The moderati will formally appoint you.

You will be Poll Lord.

You will work your magic. You will be magnificent!

@Charlie -- can you think of anyone better than JT to be Poll Lord? There is no one. Mr JT is the perfect candidate. He is waiting for your approval.

Well, I will accept the request if done but only on the condition that the management takes on the authority of winnowing down the nomination list to a starting 20. Other than that, I can do everything with my eyes closed.

Anyone else who wishes to do this with your own plan, you are more than welcome to it.

Edited by Jingthing