Four killed and one injured in a car race accident in Thailand

webfact

Four killed and one injured in a car race accident

35011-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Four people were killed and another was seriously injured when a passenger van slammed into a roadside power pole while engaging in a car race with another van on the in-bound Chon Buri-Rayong highway in Chon Buri’s Muang district on Tuesday.

The dead victims included the driver of the passenger van shuttling between Chon Buri and Rayong, identified as Kraisorn Worasarn, 31, and his assistant. Kraisorn was crushed to death behind the steering wheel while his assistant who sat on the front seat next to the driver was thrown out of the van and died upon impact with the road surface.

Two women passengers and a male passenger were seriously injured. They were rushed to Burapha hospital but the two women, identified as Ms Kanya Katechirakarn and Ms Sudjai Srikaew, later succumbed to their deaths.

Eyewitnesses said that Mr Kraisorn engaged in a high speed race with another passenger van. However, when the van arrived in front of Bang Phra power station, it slid out of road and crashed into a roadside power pole.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-killed-and-one-injured-in-a-car-race-accident

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-09

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a modicum of law enforcement these types of occurrences would diminish. BIB don't care.... politicians don't care.... obligatory who use roadblocks while traveling the killer Thai roads don't care. It's the norm here. Lost cause. Watch your ass because most Thai drivers aren't.

There was another thread on this where someone suggested to slow down and block the way for the speeding van.

Much better option : let him pass, there's usually a number of the operator on the back of the van. Call them and report the driver. Did that a couple of times and you will find the van driving slowly on the left lane shortly after.

You would think the passengers would protest and stop this behavior. Or at least video it and put it online!

I've done that once, after having had a near miss when the driver ignored a red light. The other passengers looked at me as if I came from Mars. The driver was totally unaffected and kept going pedal to the metal.

I'm always checking my rear view mirrors for these morons, and for the other morons, too.

But don't forget not to take your eyes off the road in front of you as to avoid a head on collision with the idiots driving down the wrong way of the road...

Four killed and one injured in a car public passenger van race accident.

Not two young Thai males racing their Cefiros on a deserted road, but two drivers carrying fare paying passengers in a van, on a motorway.

Quite a lot of difference IMHO.

I think the solution is to pay the drivers by the day instead of on a commission basis.

Nothing will be done about it obviously.

Rip to the innocent victims

It isn't about pay/money it is all about mindset and the mentality of these drivers.

Untrained, uncaring bunch of morons.

I think the solution is to pay the drivers by the day instead of on a commission basis.

Nothing will be done about it obviously.

Rip to the innocent victims

Most minivans are on a fixed route.

You enter and pay 25baht for 30km or similar depending on route.

Less if you travel a subset.

Not all minivans haul falangs.

The headline does not do justice to this story. I expected to read about a bunch of teenagers.

I once encountered two cement trucks racing each other on a highway in Chachoengsao province. I kept well left and let them pass but it was scary all the same.

Nothing new here then..... I remember years ago when a bus driver of a large passenger bus was racing his mate in another red and white guided missile managed to roll the bus over at the victory monument complete with all the passengers in it........ I mean what's going through the peanut brains of these people........ Racing in a bus full of people ????? RIP those murdered by this idiot.....

Edited by SupermarineS6B

...they really should start giving them I.Q. tests and finding them jobs they are more suited for....

...something a 5-year old could handle....because really....they think it's a video game.....

...and bottom line.....'they think the driver is in the safest position anyway'....

I'm always checking my rear view mirrors for these morons, and for the other morons, too.

Can the 15 people who "like' this post please explain why ? Checking mirrors should be the norm for anyone with an iota of intelligence

Nothing new here then..... I remember years ago when a bus driver of a large passenger bus was racing his mate in another red and white guided missile managed to roll the bus over at the victory monument complete with all the passengers in it........ I mean what's going through the peanut brains of these people........ Racing in a bus full of people ????? RIP those murdered by this idiot.....

Amphetamines.