Trump’s comments condemned by Muslims around the world

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

18,000 (5 per second) people signed a petition to ban trump in only one hour but less than 100 shows up for a rally in condemnation of the Paris massacre in NY one day or so later (now the petition to ban Trump is over 100,000 people as I write). These images are increasingly leading to an unassailable fact- silence is not unawareness, silence is choice. What conclusions is one really expected to reach? There was no such outrage over Paris, California, or really many others I recall. But this... this moronic statement from Trump (which increasingly reflects considerable populations of people left with no alternative conclusions)... this statement motivates muslims? This is more of the cognitive dissonance I speak to. Muslims are silent. Muslims are not generally the problem. (I can agree). Mulsims are not silent- and we witness feeble but often fraternal efforts to condemn, then such words quickly and radically compel that sleeping silent muslim majority to awake and inform us that they are present and listening, but that the previous issues just did not percolate enough for them to give a damn. This is now officially the conclusion I reach.

My conclusion allows that hundreds of millions may still desire fraternity and cooperative living but by and large, when they speak with one voice, it is not in condemnation. In this regard this event is a watershed.

I am certain many UK citizens petitioning against Trump is due to his negative insinuations against UK society as a whole. Trump likened the Queen’s head scarf to a hijab, as well as other truly stupid inflammatory remarks, which would be deeply insulting to the vast majority of the people of the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/trumpfacts-twitter-ridicules-donald-trump-s-radicalised-london-claims-a6766176.html

Personally I do not believe HMG will list Trump for banning entry to the UK.

Edited by simple1

Lemme do the math. If the big majority of Muslims so strongly disapproved of ISIS they would wipe them out themselves. They wouldn't allow this "insignificant minority" to get them so much bad press.

The current fear and even hatred of Muslims is real and the Muslims need a new PR firm. With their huge list of atrocities including in the "moderate" Saudi Arabia I'm unable to cut them any slack at all.

I'm not interested in finding out which "tiny few" among all of the "good rattlesnakes" might bite me.

Muslims would say that , see how many rights you have in a Muslim country , you have zero, finally someone has woken up .

Really? Ever been to malaysia, indonesia, maldives?

try in Malaysia to change your religion away from Islam.....

Can.

Between 2000 and 2010 about 680 applied and about 135 were successful in changing religion from islam.

Next.

Wow...such freedom :rolleyes: 'Apply' to change your religion. Give me a break. And the 545 that applied and were denied??? The Malaysian govetnment realises that religion is a personal BELIEF doesn't it? Do you?

Can.

Between 2000 and 2010 about 680 applied and about 135 were successful in changing religion from islam.

Next.

Wow...such freedom rolleyes.gif 'Apply' to change your religion. Give me a break. And the 545 that applied and were denied??? The Malaysian govetnment realises that religion is a personal BELIEF doesn't it? Do you?

Read it up....defacto is forbidden, just in one state there is a year long process that allowed these 13 people/year to escape.

As some on here would know, my gf is muslim. Tonight she came home and asked me who Donald Trump is. First she had heard of him today when at lunch at work and his stop all muslims was mentioned.

She had no idea and couldnt understand why. So I told her about all the terrorists and bombings and all she could say is that its nothing to do with me, its those middle east ones that are not real muslims.

I just said it was ok as we have no intention of visiting US anyway. That was it. She just said ok and wandered off.

Indeed, my having lived four years in one of the majority Muslim provinces of the South demonstrated to me Muslims can be stiffs in their personality but the vast majority also make great efforts to befriend the guy from the Great Satan country. Most are friendly and ignore Ramadan, others less friendly, more devout, but live and let live is their attitude too.

My business partner and Muslim friend of several years once said to me that the Muslims there don't eat the camel droppings fruit of the Middle East Muslims. He was unmistakable in his rejection of ME terrorists and terrorism as were the vast majority of the folk down there. There is a lot of contempt there of ME Muslims. Muslims in the South care about the Palestinians but not for al Qaeda or any group like them. The Muslims I knew and lived and worked with completely reject the violence in Yala, Pattani, Narithawat, to include in Had Yai where many Malays make weekend shopping trips or holiday at the beach in Songkhla.

To most Muslims down there 9/11 was a horror to the United States and to other Muslims alike. So was the WTC bombing back in the mid-1990s. So was George Bush and his Dick Cheney. I was pleased to accept a standing invitation to attend (to observe) mosque services on Fridays which I did do several times (the generous helpings of delicious Muslim food afterward enhanced the experience smile.png )

My Muslim gf wore the whole nun's type of outfit except to not cover her face and was just a cool gal, an English teacher at a big mattayom where I also taught a well received after school class and was always very welcome at the campus. A lot of Muslims gay guys were completely open, no problem. Everybody knew everybody so so what.

The Muslims in the area are closely tied to Malaysia but they are Thai and many are loyal to the monarchy. They don't want Beijing's grand scheme to tear and plow a canal through the Kra isthmus which is basically their back yard there. There are a lot of Muslims there of a Chinese ancestry and they are proud to say so, but reject the CCP as an abomination. Xinjiang has become an issue too, meaning the people in Thailand making decisions about it are not doing their causes up there in Bangkok any favors in the deep South.

Some of 'em are happy with this government, others are definitely not. Either way, everybody there is busy trying to get by and to get ahead, nothing more, nothing less. I have zero complaints about my time there.

I don't mind Trump getting nominated by the loser R party if that is what happens cause he'll get trounced diced mixed mashed and diced by the electorate, which will be the end of all of this once and for all and for good. It will be tough going along the way but the end result would be excellent.

Edited by Publicus

Muslims would say that , see how many rights you have in a Muslim country , you have zero, finally someone has woken up .

Can.

Next.

Wow...such freedom rolleyes.gif 'Apply' to change your religion. Give me a break. And the 545 that applied and were denied??? The Malaysian govetnment realises that religion is a personal BELIEF doesn't it? Do you?

The question was to try changing religion in malaysia, insinuating you cannot. That is wrong as proved.

As of today ... Trumps poll numbers have increased even more... reflecting the shared opinion with tens of millions of Americans ... And in my prediction those tens of millions will grow to become 75-85-90 million by November 2016...

Can.

Next.

Read it up....defacto is forbidden, just in one state there is a year long process that allowed these 13 people/year to escape.

But they did 'escape' which proves they can. Indonesia has about 2 million that changed. So it is nonsense to say a muslim cannot change.

It is quite rare for a muslim to want to change.

Lemme do the math. If the big majority of Muslims so strongly disapproved of ISIS they would wipe them out themselves. They wouldn't allow this "insignificant minority" to get them so much bad press.

The current fear and even hatred of Muslims is real and the Muslims need a new PR firm. With their huge list of atrocities including in the "moderate" Saudi Arabia I'm unable to cut them any slack at all.

I'm not interested in finding out which "tiny few" among all of the "good rattlesnakes" might bite me.

It is much more dificult to get rid of something when everything around you fight against you.

Kurdish fighting against ISIS? bombed by Turkey.

Assad fighting against ISIS bombed by Europe and USA.

Laïc governments fighting against extremism in middle east: erased by USA and Europe.

ISIS praise wahhabism religion, which is shared by Saudi, a strong ally of US and Europe, why not get rid of the Saudi, instead of making business with them?

We could apply this to the Christian as well, right? I mean look at the last shooting in the abortion clinic...oh no?

In USA the kkk is official, I say let get rid of all the white people as i m not interested in finding out which tiny few amon all might bite me.

Thailand could apply the same with farang, as they are probably not interested in finding the few.....and so on.

The reality is much more complex and let see how will USA be with its borders closed...

If Trump is elected i will probably buy a lot of pocorn watching the news daily and laughing at the crumble of USA.

Can.

Next.

But they did 'escape' which proves they can. Indonesia has about 2 million that changed. So it is nonsense to say a muslim cannot change.

It is sad that you don't know how to use Internet.....

It is forbidden in all but one states....you find a big list of people who were refused the change....and in that one and only state the Sharia court must agree, 1 year counseling by a Mufti who than also needs to agree and than the judges may agree.

So again:

Malaysia: 15.000.000 Muslims

14.500.000 are NOT allowed to change their religion.

500.000 live in a state that makes it extreme difficult (840 people tried in the last 10 years. 62 successful, 778 were rejected. So 97% were not allowed to even try, from these 93% were rejected. That is basically forbidden. (Guess 0.2 % of the people who want could do).

As of today ... Trumps poll numbers have increased even more... reflecting the shared opinion with tens of millions of Americans ... And in my prediction those tens of millions will grow to become 75-85-90 million by November 2016...

And pigs will fly out of my...nevermind.

So you think the majority of the electorate will become xenophobic right wing nuts by November?

I suggest you turn off Fox News and abstain from all right wing media for a month. A reality colonic, so to speak. coffee1.gif

Can.

Next.

The fact (?) that one has to "apply" to change one's religion, if that is indeed the case, points out the unacceptable, authoritarian nature of Islam/Sharia law or any religion that tries to control individual choice.

Edited by MaxYakov

Can.

Next.

It is forbidden in all but one states....you find a big list of people who were refused the change....and in that one and only state the Sharia court must agree, 1 year counseling by a Mufti who than also needs to agree and than the judges may agree.

So again:
500.000 live in a state that makes it extreme difficult (840 people tried in the last 10 years. 62 successful, 778 were rejected. So 97% were not allowed to even try, from these 93% were rejected. That is basically forbidden. (Guess 0.2 % of the people who want could do).

135 changed which proves you can change. QED.

Can.

Next.

So again:

135 changed which proves you can change. QED.

I was working at Dubai Women's College when 9/11 took place, and Arab "colleagues" from across the Arab world said the American civilians had it coming. So much for their humanity, compassion and denouncing of terrorism. not going to happen, ever. Also, some of my "students" were in total denial--it was all a US conspiracy to make Muslims look bad. But that didn't stop them form placing Osama bin Laden on their desktop wallpaper.

They sound like very misguided souls. No count some of it is blowback. The US and the UK have been making mischief in this region for so long now, and it is a region they should not be in. So, there is a lot of anger. But, to rejoice at something like 9/11 is an entirely different matter, and is reprehensible behavior, and to lionize a man as foul as osama bin butthead, is completely over the line.

The bottom line, is that many nations in the middle east are foul and out of line. and if they do not start speaking out, the ramifications are potentially devastating. We could be looking at the second crusades. Only this time, it will be a united west, against the entire muslim world. I would hate to see that happen. But, I am hearing a lot of my moderate minded friends getting very angry and sounding rather unreasonable. It is not just the right, and Trumps band of hateful fools. This reaction is to be expected, to some extent, when the Muslim world refuses to speak out, get involved in the fight, or resist the stupid fools amongst themselves. They had better take action. We are near a tipping point.

Edited by spidermike007

Can.

Next.

cheesy.gif incredible. I can't believe I am here reading this thread..but I am. I think it is the entertainment value. Sort of like watching "Spaceballs".

Seriously... on one side, we have your christians (turn the other cheek and let them hit you again)...and then you got these folks who would just chop off your head...so you could not turn the other cheek, even if you tried.

I wonder what the aliens are doing in the next galaxy? Probably intercepting old star trek transmissions from the sixties..and thinking americans are all eating TV dinners (frozen in aluminum foil) and watching "Leave it to Beaver". Same like most other posters here. I need to fill out a gun permit...be right back ...in five minutes...lol

Edited by slipperylobster

This reaction is to be expected, to some extent, when the Muslim world refuses to speak out, get involved in the fight, or resist the stupid fools amongst themselves. They had better take action. We are near a tipping point.

Suggest concrete actions they can take.

they have already created a powerful hashtag….what additional actions would you like to see?

Remember, concrete steps.

You want them to organise a debate on Quran interpretation and run it on BBC Hardtalk? What concrete steps?

This reaction is to be expected, to some extent, when the Muslim world refuses to speak out, get involved in the fight, or resist the stupid fools amongst themselves. They had better take action. We are near a tipping point.

they have already created a powerful hashtag….what additional actions would you like to see?

You want them to organise a debate on Quran interpretation and run it on BBC Hardtalk? What concrete steps?

They are not allowed to plan against their authority. They would be slain for doing so.

They are not allowed to plan against their authority. They would be slain for doing so.

Fortunately they all will be allowed to Open Carry - and thus will be protected from vengeful nutbags.......!

Where do I start. There are a hundred possibilities.

1. Million man marches. The local Imans could organize marches, so they take to the streets to show their disgust with their religion being hijacked by super freak gang raping, serial killers.

2. Media outcries. Al Jazeera could start hosting summits. They could spend 30 minute segments highlighting segments of society that oppose the actions of the extreme elements within their society, bring together Muslim leaders, who denounce the stupidity.

3. Some of the Arab nations could get actively involved in the fight against ISIS. Boots on the ground. That would go a long way toward demonstrating to the western world, that they are not complicit, as many think.

4. Clerical involvement. The Imans and the Muftis need to start a public outcry against the non religious murderers, who claim they are acting in the name of God, but are not doing anything of the sort.

5. Government involvement. Though we could not expect this of weak, feeble, morally repugnant nations such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Pakistan and a few others, many more moderate nations could be speaking out. The King of Jordan speaks out very loudly. He is one of the lone voices in the wilderness of his region.

I could go on, and on, and on for days. There is so much that could be done, and needs to be done. There are ALOT of Muslim groups in the US, that have made a very public demonstration that they do not sympathize or agree with the freaks, on any level. Why is that not happening throughout the world?

1. Million man marches. The local Imans could organize marches, so they take to the streets to show their disgust with their religion being hijacked by super freak gang raping, serial killers.

2. Media outcries. Al Jazeera could start hosting summits. They could spend 30 minute segments highlighting segments of society that oppose the actions of the extreme elements within their society, bring together Muslim leaders, who denounce the stupidity.

3. Some of the Arab nations could get actively involved in the fight against ISIS. Boots on the ground. That would go a long way toward demonstrating to the western world, that they are not complicit, as many think.

4. Clerical involvement. The Imans and the Muftis need to start a public outcry against the non religious murderers, who claim they are acting in the name of God, but are not doing anything of the sort.

5. Government involvement. Though we could not expect this of weak, feeble, morally repugnant nations such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Pakistan and a few others, many more moderate nations could be speaking out. The King of Jordan speaks out very loudly. He is one of the lone voices in the wilderness of his region.

I could go on, and on, and on for days. There is so much that could be done, and needs to be done. There are ALOT of Muslim groups in the US, that have made a very public demonstration that they do not sympathize or agree with the freaks, on any level. Why is that not happening throughout the world?

In a world where...civil rights are non existent, freedom of speech punished, and Sharia Law demands obedience to the powers in place.... how does any "good" muslim protest? They fear for their lives, and the welfare of their families. There are no options in those Nations that follow Sharia.

All your ideas would be good in places like Oklahoma..but could you see this happening in the middle east. They are silently joyful....in my opinion, and accept only their beliefs...that we can all get along, only if they are self ruled ...in any country they please to go.

I would not wait for anti-Bin Laden protests (post mortum)..to be staged. They all have T shirts honoring him, instead.

Edited by slipperylobster

In a world where...civil rights are non existent, freedom of speech punished, and Sharia Law demands obedience to the powers in place.... how does any "good" muslim protest? They fear for their lives, and the welfare of their families. There are no options in those Nations that follow Sharia.

All your ideas would be good in places like Oklahoma..but could you see this happening in the middle east. They are silently joyful....in my opinion, and accept only their beliefs...that we can all get along, only if they are self ruled ...in any country they please to go.

I would not wait for anti-Bin Laden protests (post mortum)..to be staged. They all have T shirts honoring him, instead.

Sharia in all of its abominable forms, is only practiced in full in the Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Qatar, UAE, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia. That leaves a lot of countries where action could be taken, without fear of the authorities. I realize there will be fear of the gang rapists (ISIS). But, even in countries where Sharia is practiced, it is not against the law to voice your disapproval of extremism. And this is especially true of Western Europe, the US, and many more moderate Muslim nations.

So, inaction is not an excuse. It was not an excuse in Germany in the early to mid 30's, and it is not an excuse today.

There is a wonderful realization in reading all these anti-Trump rants from moslems and non-Americans. And it's this: none of you will have a say in whether he is nominated or elected. That is the business of American citizens, not some daffy moslem in Jakarta or some irrelevant Englishman in the UK. Deal with it.

spidermike007, on 10 Dec 2015 - 16:03, said:
slipperylobster, on 10 Dec 2015 - 14:41, said:

Sharia in all of its abominable forms, is only practiced in full in the Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Qatar, UAE, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia. That leaves a lot of countries where action could be taken, without fear of the authorities. I realize there will be fear of the gang rapists (ISIS). But, even in countries where Sharia is practiced, it is not against the law to voice your disapproval of extremism. And this is especially true of Western Europe, the US, and many more moderate Muslim nations.

So, inaction is not an excuse. It was not an excuse in Germany in the early to mid 30's, and it is not an excuse today.

When you say this is especially true of Western Europe. Could you clarify your position please.

To my mind, it is Governments that have facilitated the creeping of Sharia into Western Europe. These are the very people who should have been stamping on it from a great height. In their mistaken belief of liberal, multicultural and diverse PC garbage that has caused this.

They are now backed into a corner and have nowhere to turn. This is not something that has happened overnight, it has been nurtured over the last 30 - 35 years.

How would you suggest the Western Governments now deal with this. It elements of Sharia were not wanted by Muslims, it would not have taken root and grown.