POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did every year.

(Demand an extreme NARROWING of names.)

If organizing around a predictable demand is a bad thing, I plead guilty of badness.

In my view, it's just smart design that learns from the past.

If you want to join this pack of hyenas supporting a coup, go for it

I'm supporting strong leadership...that's all.

I think the run off idea is good in fact....bring some fun into it and maybe the contest will be really good.

First thing I'd do is get either the contest or a pinned link in the General Forum so people know its happening...else it will flop.

I'd like to help out, but I am currently watching a documentary about the germination of the nutgrass Cyperus Rotundus; and it is far more interesting.

I thought you were going to bed?

Maybe you're in bed enjoying germination?

.deleted post.

Edited by sipi

They did every year.

If organizing around a predictable demand is a bad thing, I plead guilty of badness.

I think the run off idea is good in fact....bring some fun into it and maybe the contest will be really good.

First thing I'd do is get either the contest or a pinned link in the General Forum so people know its happening...else it will flop.

I've said it multiple times. It will be posted in the General Forum.

The active posting bumps it to the top of recent post lists.

Lots of people look at that list.

I am still looking for ideas for CATCHY HEADLINES.

The current one sucks, sorry Canunckamuck, I can easily be more descriptive but not sure how to make it SUPER SIZZLING.

Hey.

Is this bickering stimulating the VOTE COUNT here?

I wasn't paying attention.

This current contest seems pretty set unless some people want to do some hard core campaigning for the members with MIDDLING votes.

I don't think anyone particularly cares who wins. It's just about having a bit of fun.

Well, it was...

Hey.

This current contest seems pretty set unless some people want to do some hard core campaigning for the members with MIDDLING votes.

I don't think anyone particularly cares who wins. It's just about having a bit of fun.

Well, it was...

Speak for yourself.

NancyL clearly really wants to win.

Some others as well.

What is she? Chopped liver.

Edited by Jingthing

Be great if after tonight those who have no interest in this bit of fun butt out.............You folk drag down a bit if fun...Would be great if TVF staff controlled our bit of fun contest in the future.

I have expressed before that it would best be management run (otherwise it's a feast of hyenas) and more of an "official" event but that isn't happening this year, so it is what it is.

I know others, even "reincarnated" others, want it to be a 100 percent old boy's club, insider's game, popularity contest, like a sports bar game with MERIT of posts irrelevant. That's a valid POV I suppose which I don't share.

So there is a conflict between those wanting a clean/clear contest more likely to recognize members of exceptional posting quality and those who favor a chaotic hot mess / old boys club / corrupt back deals ... more likely to reward based on a type of low intellect level of BAR ROOM popularity.

Edited by Jingthing

Hey.

My observation is that you, and I'm sure it's a difficult job to do, are focusing on the process too much.

Let the contest be more like travelling, arriving is important, but it's the journey that matters more to most people.

Remember, we were all travellers once, hence being in Thailand.

My twopence is spent.

Goodluck with it.

Luke

OH, and may the Force be with you.

They did every year.

I've said it multiple times. It will be posted in the General Forum.

The active posting bumps it to the top of recent post lists.

Lots of people look at that list.

I am still looking for ideas for CATCHY HEADLINES.

The current one sucks, sorry Canunckamuck, I can easily be more descriptive but not sure how to make it SUPER SIZZLING.

You need to make sure it stays in the General Forum...that was my toughest task in previous years.

Only mods have that power.

I can ask more forcefully.

That's all I got.

Good luck with it Dark Lord....a PM or two might help there....in the right ears of course.

It certainly acquires a lot of hits even here in the backwoods.

No promises on anything I don't control and I don't control forum placement.

Only mods have that power.

I can ask more forcefully.

That's all I got.

Good luck with it Dark Lord....a PM or two might help there....in the right ears of course.

It certainly acquires a lot of hits even here in the backwoods.

No promises on anything I don't control and I don't control forum placement.
It's the best advice I can give whoever runs this contest this year.

If it stays here it will wither and die.

I enjoy a good car wreck and my popcorn has arrived too so bring it on....Nothing better than watching a "shoot yourself in both feet" moment.

Or weeks...I may need to visit the 7/11! :D

Edited by smokie36

OK, I will emphasize the importance of the placement STAYING IN GENERAL in the introductions to the semifinals and also GRAND FINALE voting polls.

You claim to have special influence about that. I don't claim that. Can you help?

Edited by Jingthing

OK, I will emphasize the importance of the placement STAYING IN GENERAL in the introductions to the semifinals and also GRAND FINALE voting polls.

You claim to have special influence about that. I don't claim that. Can you help?

I don't think I have any friends in special places any more JT....you are alone on that but like I said...

"Both feet"

I will LOL if it ends up here.

I enjoy a good car wreck and my popcorn has arrived too so bring it on....Nothing better than watching a "shoot yourself in both feet" moment.

Or weeks...I may need to visit the 7/11! biggrin.png

Yep. Entertainment.

I haven't really looked at who is running. Didn't bother to read what the rules are nor what the voting process will be.

I will say this though...

JT is the man for the job here. We don't want vanilla. We don't want plain white bread. We need some fresh thinking this year to really spice it up

Yep. Entertainment.

I haven't really looked at who is running. Didn't bother to read what the rules are nor what the voting process will be.

JT is the man for the job here. We don't want vanilla. We don't want plain white bread. We need some fresh thinking this year to really spice it up

I'm definitely not white bread. The darker the berry, the sweeter the whine!

Yep. Entertainment.

When it's down to the FINAL 5 GRAND FINALE, more people will look at the contestants more closely.

Now and also in the TOP 20 semi-finals, it's more like U.S. republican party "debate" -- often called a CLOWN CAR, but I have more respect for some of our Thaivisa posting choices this year. Definitely not all clowns.

Edited by Jingthing