PM's ID card idea draws public outcry

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the point of keeping this information in a database somewhere, but has anyone asked the dear PM what would be the bloody point of printing it out on everyone's ID card?

I was no fan of Yingluck and am glad to see her gone (and her megalomaniacal brother), but these guys continue to disappoint more and more each day.

I'd like to see 1,000 times more efficient management of public funds before they ever get within 1,000 MILES of effective tax collection.

This + ~, even a blind and deaf mute knows how much is lost due to corruption, kick backs and nepotism and very little is being addressed.

No need for exact income on cards. Simply have color based. Black, platinum, gold and perhaps grey for the masses. Anytime anyone is stopped by police they know who they can mess with and who they can't. No more having to ask "do you know who I am?" biggrin.png

What a great idea because unlike blood types, salaries never change blink.png. That should make for awkward salary negotiations when going for a new job. I cant quite see how it tackles tax but then again... Im not a general and I dont see the sense in many of these suggestions. Clearly why Im not in office. I can however see how it will help the Mr Tight brown determine good tea money on traffic watch day.

ok, so it was always clear that this guy is a moron, but seriously, he has lost all touch with reality.

AFA loopholes go, why not just start charging capital gains on the SET and take the tax directly as part of the transaction. This is a good character-building effort as it means that the folks who can afford to pay taxes but don't will then have skin in the game.... laugh.png

There are just SO MANY things wrong with this concept it is mind boggling!

I cannot believe anybody except an Orwellian government or an utter and total knave (being sheeple'd into being a good Orwellian citizen of the STATE) could see anything good about it.

Big brother is dusting off his binoculars. He went to bed and had an epiphany. They say men are from Mars but boy this P guy is from way way beyond the red planet. He cites all this baloney about free bus passes for the poor and other trivial matters for the downtrodden but his real objective is much more clandestine. He is masking the real reason tighter control over the population. He is creating a class system possibly like India and a whole new government division of I.D scanners. What does a bar girl say her income is? If you put nothing down for income the tax police will come to your door and ask you how you survive. He would be much better off to zero in on the rich and turn them upside down and shake out what they should really be paying in taxes. Now there is an increase in the income tax stream. He is taking a page from the western countries playbook to keep a tight tab on its citizens and their money. I was going to post this topic on TV this morning but my g/f said no. Sadly she is self censoring and afraid of repercussions. This is just the element of fear the government wants to inject their citizens with.

Edited by elgordo38

Can you imagine the can of worm this will open!!

So Mr PM, are you declaring all your income to be listed on your ID card?

Under oath? I would be in favor and any military man lying about his income would be drummed out French style with epaulettes ripped off of his uniform and a slap in the face with the white gloves of a senior officer and his picture posted in the military gazette (if they have one)

Big Tu’s big idea: Prayuth mulls putting salary, occupation on ID card

By Coconuts Bangkok

prayuth-happiness.jpg

A screenshot of Prayuth Chan-ocha on the "Return Happiness to the People" show

BANGKOK: -- Junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha has come up with the bright idea of displaying monthly salary and occupation on citizens’ ID cards.

To prepare the nation for the upcoming ASEAN economy, PM Prayuth said during his televised address on Saturday morning that national ID cards should provide this information so the government can update labor statistics of the country.

"Our problem is how we organize the information. In 2017, we should succeed at having ID cards that show the cardholder's profession and salary," Prayuth said in his “Returning Happiness to the People” show, which was moved from Friday night to Saturday morning last week.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/14/big-tus-big-idea-prayuth-mulls-putting-salary-occupation-id-card

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-14

He almost has that waiting for the pie look on his face.

They're not very good at thinking.

Are they?

Why not put it on your ID card how many kids you've had, where you bank, do you drink, do you smoke, if so how much, average bank balance, divorced, single, remarried, widowed, whether or not you use toilet paper or a bum gun (or both), how many times a day you brush your teeth etc, etc.????

Hell, just insert an RFID card with GPS into kids when they hit puberty to keep track of things.

Remember this film?

We are on the way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/

They're not very good at thinking.

Are they?

Why not put it on your ID card how many kids you've had, where you bank, do you drink, do you smoke, if so how much, average bank balance, divorced, single, remarried, widowed, whether or not you use toilet paper or a bum gun (or both), how many times a day you brush your teeth etc, etc.????

Hell, just insert an RFID card with GPS into kids when they hit puberty to keep track of things.

For goodness sake don't go giving them ideas!

A Bangkok Post news release as of 6:32pm today said the govt has now dropped the plan to add salary and occupation info to ID cards. Guess the uproar was too much. Announcement made by the Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda.

I agree on the idea to use the ID card chip for something useful. Storing salary is not one of them.

However since there is no digitally accessible medical records archive, storing medical info would be very useful. So any hospital (private or public), you may end up in, can check your allergies, underlying diseases etc. saving time and life. Further, name of relatives and emergency contacts is also very useful.

Next step could e.g. be indication of whether you accept to be an organ donor.

Now if they could (this is probably very much to ask) link it to e.g. the criminal records, police would be doing something useful if the card chip is checked, when they anyway are stopping people for donations.

It isn't just what's stored...it's who can access it....in this caae a government that came to power via the barrel of a gun

Profession sounds reasonable, but salary is totally out of the park. What about those of us, which are many, that dont work here are we going to be part of the ID scenario? Instead of salary put visa type on it

Edited by gandalf12

Can you imagine the can of worm this will open!!

So Mr PM, are you declaring all your income to be listed on your ID card?

Under oath? I would be in favor and any military man lying about his income would be drummed out French style with epaulettes ripped off of his uniform and a slap in the face with the white gloves of a senior officer and his picture posted in the military gazette (if they have one)

Would be nice. Doubt many officers would be left.