Best car for under half a million Baht?

laislica

One nice thing about the Altis - you will never live long enuf to see the spare parts run out. Just look at the number of taxis in BKK that run them. For well over 300,000 km

Very true, but that's hardly any compensation for having to drive one.

:P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One nice thing about the Altis - you will never live long enuf to see the spare parts run out. Just look at the number of taxis in BKK that run them. For well over 300,000 km

Very true, but that's hardly any compensation for having to drive one.

tongue.png

Tell me more about the driving experience please.

How you know is WELL?

whistling.gif

In my opinion, not good when compared with the older Toyota Crown in Hong Kong or Mercedes cars in Europe after 600-800k km.wai2.gifrolleyes.gif

Thanks for the heads up on cars. Is that within my budget?

What about a 3 year old White Toyota Corolla Altis, 1800cc engine with E85, automatic transmission, leather interior, and 32000 KM on the clock. Its in very good condition, and is a safe and efficient car.

What price would you say for that and what's the new price?

Cheers

32k its not to much

But can killed engine for 1k.

So must check it mechanic

Ant this is not best car in class

Whern drive sit its slippery so in the corners not comfort and car is unstable in the corners.

Better its be civic for my opinion in my opinion.

But civic in small ofroad touch plastic.

And anyway second hand car it lottery.

Do not buy from young and "cool boy" and girlbefore 30-35 too can "kill" car even at 10-20k

Good luck

Well - an English expression meaning much more than. In this case well over 300,000 km means a lot more than 300,000 km

I know, but.

If the replacement engine or transmission, as well as many other items.... Can say "a lot more than 300,000 km" or " well over 300,000 km"

So it is possible "a lot more" than 1000K km for most cars get.

I saw a few Mercedes 124 and Toyota Corolla with mileage 600-800k km without serious replacements. Therefore, and I asked how he knows about Altis 300k up.

I am so sorry for possible misunderstanding of each other.wai.gif

• 1 month later...

Between 500k and 600k there are a lot of good choices.

Often you'll see the low level trim cars don't have the safety equipment higher level cars do. No passenger airbag sort of things. Don't scrimp on the safety equipment because Thailand is the most dangerous place to drive in the world.

Suzuki Swift is low priced, not much to recommend it. The cars with the 3 cylinder engines don't measure up. The Mitsubishi Mirage has my vote as the cheapest looking POS in the world.

Ford Focus, Mazda 2 are good choices. Top of the class is the Honda Jazz. Nothing close to the new Honda Jazz 2016. Built here, it's competitively priced and technology wise, a big step ahead.

Top Gear seem to agree - gave it a 2/10 ....

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/mitsubishi/mirage

Between 500k and 600k there are a lot of good choices.

Often you'll see the low level trim cars don't have the safety equipment higher level cars do. No passenger airbag sort of things. Don't scrimp on the safety equipment because Thailand is the most dangerous place to drive in the world.

Suzuki Swift is low priced, not much to recommend it. The cars with the 3 cylinder engines don't measure up. The Mitsubishi Mirage has my vote as the cheapest looking POS in the world.

Ford Focus, Mazda 2 are good choices. Top of the class is the Honda Jazz. Nothing close to the new Honda Jazz 2016. Built here, it's competitively priced and technology wise, a big step ahead.

Top Gear seem to agree - gave it a 2/10 ....

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/mitsubishi/mirage

Top Gear in this instance were <deleted>! And yes I own one.. Lovely car, shit seats.. Spacious and nippy. Although the silver paint seems thin.. Local cats (dogs) managed to put claw marks in it!

A 4-5 year Honda Civic can be had for less than 500k. Great car, reliable etc. Honda service is usually v good.

Or a Kia Soul ? Not sure how expensive to run tho

Are you sure you mean a Kia Soul? A Rio maybe?

Or get a 2.0L diesel Focus and you'll not have to suffer the claustrophobically odd driving position of the Civic or a thirsty engine.

Archived