Is there a military-phone number to call?

toenail

This noise pollution problem in Pattaya (anything goes) is nothing new. Almost a month ago a new dance night club opened up along the row of shops that were built (and owned) by Fairtex, North Pattaya. The club illegally stays open after the 2am curfew which is supposedly illegal with all bars and clubs in Pattaya and elsewhere. This club does not get going until after 2am when the Thais (who leave the other entertainment centers or clubs) pack into this place and the off-key live band begins to blare out its loud, live music. Behind these row of shops lined up before the Fairtex Hotel and fitness center, are the Fairtex apartments and single apartment dwellings. Many of these people (farangs and Thai) work during the day (and are year long tenants). Complaints have been made to the management but this club is run by A, the owners son. The police have been contacted but they will not do anything since there is money under the table to the district police to keep the place open until 4..4:30 in the morning. This is a nightly occurrence.

Question: Since the new Prayut government has cracked down on bars closing down at 2am, what ph number or email can one use to inform them about this place that is illegally staying open? The local police will not do anything.

The rich owner of Fairtex must not be a good businessman since his regular tenants will be moving out...even the short term ones.(and I bet there is no permit).

You could start with 1337 which is the Pattaya City Hall call centre. Select 9 for English and 3 for complaints, and a very nice lady will take your complaint and (supposedly) contact the police about it. Quite what good it might do, I dont know, but it cant make it worse.

Then move on to 1111 as mentioned.

Pointless noise is the absolute bane of Pattaya and environs.

You could start with 1337 which is the Pattaya City Hall call centre. Select 9 for English and 3 for complaints, and a very nice lady will take your complaint and (supposedly) contact the police about it. Quite what good it might do, I dont know, but it cant make it worse.

Then move on to 1111 as mentioned.

Pointless noise is the absolute bane of Pattaya and environs.

1337 is a waste of time.

They will come out, ask to turn down the volume and leave

After a few calls, they will get a "small donation" on top of the regular one and again leave.

I have been down that road and would skip the step and go straight to 1111.

My experience with 1111 in regard to a club, resulted in club being closed the next night, never to reopen.

Not sure if it was owners choice or police direction.

I saw this anti blaring sign down on Jomtien Beach Road near Chiyapruk the other day. Supposed 2000 baht fine (but no number of course). I'll see if I can figure how to post the darn thing here

I believe the bar/pub in question is a private establishment, so music playing there would not be considered "blaring in public area" like at the beach, where this sign is posted, irrespective of the fact that the sound waves enter public areas.

"Blaring in public areas": a bizarre expression. But I imagine it could mean making any sort of noise that carries into public areas, even if the origin is on private property.

If that sign was on Jomtien Beach Road I suppose it was intended for the boom-boom trucks that park near VT8 and other places. If so it doesn't seem to be very effective.