VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He had an amazing run!

What a role model for a competition bureaucrat to aspire to! He's the Najib of the sporting world.

He's like Davros from Genesis of the Daleks...

Just think of the legacy, the fame!

You could save that for the final rule change, just when the contestants thought they'd seen everything...

Go on...one last surprise!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be but a gnat in his swarm. wub.png

Anyway, back on track to the matter at hand, the VOTING contest.

Droogs, if you don't vote and CHANGE your votes:

Early

Often

Late

etc.

you lose your rights to KVETCH.

Edited by Jingthing

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have a cat.

That's got to be worth a couple of votes, right?

Photos please. Or at least an image you pull off the internet that looks vaguely like your cat (works for me)

I'll see your cat & raise you 2....

LEADERBOARD Poster of the Year SEMIFINALS 2015 (sizzlin' hot)
The top 5 will advance to the GRAND FINALE
Transam 57 votes
NancyL 55 votes
villagefarang 36 votes
SoiBiker 30 votes
Naam 26 votes
Nipping --
Crazy Chef 1 24 votes
StreetCowboy 24 votes
Things quite stable since the last Leaderboard post.
The quiet before the storm?coffee1.gif

If Naam advances I'll know it's a fix.

NancyL 57 votes

Transam 56 votes

villagefarang 36 votes

SoiBiker 30 votes

Naam 27 votes

Nipping --

Crazy Chef 1 25 votes

StreetCowboy 23 votes

NancyL takes the lead!

But don't get too excited.

Remember, this part of the contest is about being in the TOP 5.

Leading doesn't really matter.

The "L" household should be celebrating tonight. For the first time I'm ahead on the Leaderboard. But we haven't had a genuine email or Facebook post from Mr. Bitey for several days. We think he's been catnapped and being held in Chiang Rai by VillageFarang and his drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880283-villagefarang-trailing-in-poty-poll/?p=10218709

There's a nip in the air, here in our glamours high rise Chiang Mai high rise condo. I can only image what it must be like for Mr Bitey in the wilds of Chiang Rai Just last night, two unfortunate Thai people died of hypothermia close to here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880332-two-men-in-chiang-mai-suspected-to-have-died-from-cold-weather/

I beg you, VillageFarang, to have pity on Mr. Bitey and make sure he has adequate clothing for what has to be brutally cold weather conditions ahead. Here he is in the sweater I made for him recently. The one he would have worn tonight, had he been home.post-68373-0-17530900-1450719421_thumb.j

I've been waiting up late for a call, SMS or email from Mr. Bitey. And I see that I've lost a vote. Surely the work of VF. I simply most go to bed, hoping against hope that Mr. Biitey is safe. He started out life as a soi kitten who selected Hubby and me and something tells me he'll make his way back home.

This is turning ugly as in dirty ugly, it's less a competition and more a play thing for JT to pass his time and stroke his ego. The least you could do JT is declare yourself impartial even if you aren't, but to flaunt the fact that you're not, in the face of the other candidates and the audience, is several levels down from tacky.

You guys need to appoint someone else to manage the final.

JT has been a disaster.

I recommend this new chap, Supaluke.

Thanks, and you are very kind, but I have to decline.

I'd simply just let the contest run without the entertainment factor.

The entertainment factor is what the contest is about. Why would anyone read it otherwise?

You don't actually put a sweater on your cat?!!

Mine used to go out in the snow and never needed a sweater!! The other cats would have laughed at him!!

Obviously, Patsy this was not in Thailand. How long has it been since you've been in Thailand? Putting your pets in a sweater, or at least a shirt, when the temp drops below 25 deg F is a sign that you love them. Mr. Bitey is a real fashion plate. I buy something for him at Chatuchak Market every time I go to Bangkok. It's like Siam Paragon for pets.

NancyL 57 votes
Transam 56 votes
villagefarang 36 votes
SoiBiker 30 votes
Naam 27 votes
Nipping --
Crazy Chef 1 25 votes
StreetCowboy 23 votes

Terrific to see some YOUTH up in the top 5. SoiBiker, the youthful +/- 30ish poster

The other top 5 are all over 60, and while there is nothing wrong with that, their opinions can reflect their age and experience.

NancyL

Transam

Villagefarang

Naaam.

Might be good to see Streetcowboy or Crazychef make the 5 also...some more of the under 50 crowd.

Edited by BookMan

I speak for no-one but myself.

I do think Thaivisa could embrace a little more diversity, though. The demographics of expats in Thailand are changing fast, and the forum often doesn't seem to reflect that. Some here could be a little more welcoming to those who differ from their idea of the norm.

In the interest of transparency, I feel I should point out I'm not quite as young as has been assumed. Add around 10 years or so.

In fact, while we're at it, let's clear up a few other misconceptions. I'm not a digital nomad. I'm not an ED visa student. I'm not a teacher. I'm not a campaigner for moral decency, a prude, a missionary or a teetotaller. And I'm not a lycra-clad cycling enthusiast, either.

In the interest of transparency, I feel I should point out I'm not quite as young as has been assumed. Add around 10 years or so.

In fact, while we're at it, let's clear up a few other misconceptions. I'm not a digital nomad. I'm not an ED visa student. I'm not a teacher. I'm not a campaigner for moral decency, a prude, a missionary or a teetotaller. And I'm not a lycra-clad cycling enthusiast, either.

That is quite a non resume