New Years Eve in Pattaya - What to do?

slafriphos

I notice many extravagant parties are planned every new year's eve. 1500-2000 baht gets you this, this, and this.

I do the same thing every week/month/year: Go to my local Thai restaurant for 100 baht meal and then to the roof of the Markland hotel, beach road soi 1, with drinks from 7-11 to enjoy the 360 degree view of the fireworks. About 1am, I head home.

I like the Markland as it's safe, great view, and free.

What are your plans?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

post-245305-0-72995800-1450693937_thumb.

Walk to the beach when gets dark, get one of those little rugs beach people offer, and lay down. Then put headphones on and listen to your favorite tunes. Maybe use some kind of mood enchanters. Lay still, close your eyes and chill.

"Lay still, close your eyes and chill. "

It'd be difficult to watch the fireworks with your eyes closed, but if you remain motionless with your eyes closed on the beach at night, you'll probably attract some new "companions."

Walk to the beach when gets dark, get one of those little rugs beach people offer, and lay down. Then put headphones on and listen to your favorite tunes. Maybe use some kind of mood enchanters. Lay still, close your eyes and chill.

Nice plan....

If you want to start new year with a mugging....or a rough ladyboy encounter.

I thought going to Pattaya for the New Year 2016, now on second thought I will stay in Bangkok and enjoy the reasonable beer price at Hemingway like I do every night and maybe also have a pepperoni pizza there.

Edited by yimlitnoy

I live in Bangkok on the river near the Taksin bridge , I will; either be on the 5th floor pool or the 40th floor pool watching the fireworks from my building . Do this every year , I always avoid ameatur drinking night on the town .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by muffy

wow there are some sad buggers on here, well this is thai visa

Not sad, realistic.

I am retired so I can do what I like.

2 choices:

1) Go out New Years Eve, bars are packed with the once a year drinkers, faced with possibly shaking hands with people I don't like, to 'wish them all the best', struggle to get transport home.

2) Go out New Years Day with my long time mates, bars not too busy, no problem getting home.

It is an easy decision for me.

I hate a crowd…unless it is made up of scantily clad, morally ambivalent women.

So since I'm not gonna be in pattaya, I am going to be be in front of the telly with a good home cooked meal watching anderson cooper and kathy griffin doing their show.