Domain Registration Renewal

A_Traveller

Anyone help here, I have a website hosted and with registered domain also managed by the Thai hosting company. Having problems contacting them { to be fair all round, linguistic as much as anything} and wanted to know what 'grace period' exists for Domain renewals.

Whois shows domain record expired {on 12th}

Regards & TIA

PS Yes, I have paid for both the hosting and domain renewal several weeks ago.

PPS Site still up as I type.

Please ignore, just received SMS confirming renewal. Maybe they read this forum :o

Regards

Never rely on hosting company to manage / pay for domain renewals. What would you do if they went bust? You should own the name yourself, and have it managed through a domain registrar. Allowing a hosting company to do this for you is risking far too much.

Please ignore, just received SMS confirming renewal. Maybe they read this forum :o

Regards

Never rely on hosting company to manage / pay for domain renewals. What would you do if they went bust? You should own the name yourself, and have it managed through a domain registrar. Allowing a hosting company to do this for you is risking far too much.

Thanks for advice, on that point what would be the process to move this domain away from 'their' control and into mine, now I have a year to do this?

Like most the hosting package provided both the physical space and the registration.

Regards