Bangkok Poll: Bike for Mom/Dad the most happiest events of the year

rooster59

Bangkok Poll: Bike for Mom/Dad the most happiest events of the year

2712003-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: The Bike for Mom and Bike for Dad were two events which brought the most happiness to the Thai people this year while the fatal bombing at the Erawan Shrine was the saddest event of the year, according to Bangkok Poll of Bangkok University.

The above findings are part of the outcome of an opinion poll conducted from 1,189 people from different walks of life in Bangkok and peripherals.

The results of the Bangkok Poll are as follows:

* The most followed-up news items of the year: the Erawan Shrine bombing, 71.6 percent; Bike for Mom and Bike for Dad cycling events, 65.5 percent; Por Trissadee’s illness, 50.5 percent.

* The most happiest events of the year: Bike for Mom and Bike for Dad, 65.6 percent; His Majesty the King’s recovery from illness and his discharge from Siriraj hospital to Kraikangwon palace, 13.0 percent; Father’s Day celebrations, 10.7 percent;.

* The saddest events of the year: Erawan Shrine bombing incident, 70.2 percent; the prolonged illness of Por Trissadee, 6.8 percent; the fatal attack of a 19-year youth in Kanchanaburi, 5.4 percent.

* The most popular actors of the year: Por Trissadee followed by Nadet Kukimiya and Bird Thongchai McIntyre.

* The most popular actresses of the year: Patchara “Aum” Chaichua followed by Urisaya “Yaya” Sperbund and Araya “Chompoo” A. Hargett.

* The most popular figure in domestic sports: Kiatisak “Zico” Senamuang, 45.6 percent; Ratchanok “May” Inthanont, 16.8 percent and Buakhao Banchamek, 10.2 percent.

* The most impressive sport achievements of the year: male soccer, 52.3 percent; female valleyball, 18.2 percent and badminton, 9.0 percent.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-poll-bike-for-momdad-the-most-happiest-events-of-the-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-27

"most happiest?" Who writes and edits this drivel? Try happiest: superlative of happy does not need most.

Well, considering this is Thailand and the Bangkok Post is owned and operated by Thais, I give them an A for effort. I see worse grammatical errors on this forum from people who are NES. I would love to see you write the same article in Thai.

"most happiest?" Who writes and edits this drivel? Try happiest: superlative of happy does not need most.

Well, considering this is Thailand and the Bangkok Post is owned and operated by Thais, I give them an A for effort. I see worse grammatical errors on this forum from people who are NES. I would love to see you write the same article in Thai.

You are missing the point my friend!!

BP are pretending to be a English language newspaper, if the Thai owners don't master the English language, maybe they should consider running a Thai language newspaper............coffee1.gif

Not for me I fell off my bike and had stabilises fitted and fell onto the tarmac, at the hospital after paying my 10 k bin they burbled something about the leo ballast did a landslide in my stomach, causing my untimely ending at the event, luckily enough though there was a bar outside the hospice where I got buy 1 get one free, so my day wasn't a complete disaster after all just means the wife has to work on the next Buddha day holiday to compensate which is a double bonus I get to drink more beer that day also, sent from evil.com

Did the Bike for Mom and Dad events raise any monies for Thai Charity's?

I would have loved to see a Bike for Santa event and people donating for sick, disabled, homeless and unprivileged children.

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

Maybe next year...

Where was that held out of interest?

Biking in those coats must of been roasting!

Picture taken from the internet. Korea

I am curious as to where the newspaper that prefers anonymity (Bangkok Post) comes in to this discussion.

The grammatical error being discussed, surely was perpetrated by Thai PBS, The Broadcaster You Can Trust.

It is doubtful that somewhere on their staff they have a native English speaker to proof read their articles.

Anyway, it's all rather charming in a way. The mostest happy.laugh.png

I am curious as to where the newspaper that prefers anonymity (Bangkok Post) comes in to this discussion.

The grammatical error being discussed, surely was perpetrated by Thai PBS, The Broadcaster You Can Trust.

It is doubtful that somewhere on their staff they have a native English speaker to proof read their articles.

Anyway, it's all rather charming in a way. The mostest happy.laugh.png

As I NES myself I have made the classic mistake of reading the title as a failing kindergarten student. Bangkok poll i read as Bangkok Post.

My bad...

Edited by ldiablo

They were the happiest events of the year. I couldn't Bike for Mom, but I Biked for Dad.

Half my neighbors rode with me. We got back and had a barbecue. Then we listened to music and kicked back with some Chang and Regency (I went for the Chang). It was a good day. People were in very good spirits.

thumbsup.gif