90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Effective 01/01/2017 the cost for postage is now 18 Baht for rong tabien (registered post). Be sure to put an 18 Baht stamp on your 90-day report as well as the SASE for the return. It was 13 or 15 Baht for years, now 18 Baht.

I just got mine back and fortunately my postman advanced the money for me and told me about the increase. Incredibly I got mine back in 72 hours this time. Don't know how it's even possible! In fact it happened so fast that the return tracking doesn't even register on the Thai Post website.

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

I just got mine back and fortunately my postman advanced the money for me and told me about the increase. Incredibly I got mine back in 72 hours this time. Don't know how it's even possible! In fact it happened so fast that the return tracking doesn't even register on the Thai Post website.

Did you use the old airport address to mail it in?

2 hours ago, CM Expat said:

Yes, same address I have used for 9 years now.

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จั.เชียงใหม่

17 hours ago, CM Expat said:

As this is an English forum perhaps you could use the address in the sticky related to 90 day reporting at the head of the Chiang Mai forum, slight change to the old address but still the airport imm.

25 minutes ago, Thailand said:

As this is an English forum perhaps you could use the address in the sticky related to 90 day reporting at the head of the Chiang Mai forum, slight change to the old address but still the airport imm.

Yep, English script of postal address for 90 day report to Chiang Mai is here:

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

The address has NOT changed in 9 years now.

10 hours ago, elektrified said:

This is the address that had been on the sticky for some years:

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

This is the address on Ch Imm website December 2016

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

A slight change as was posted, but a change nonetheless, but it is possible that a pedantic officer may simply say it was not received if the address is incorrect, this is Thailand.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

This is the address that had been on the sticky for some years:

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

This is the address on Ch Imm website December 2016

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

A slight change as was posted, but a change nonetheless, but it is possible that a pedantic officer may simply say it was not received if the address is incorrect, this is Thailand.

Obviously some people do not look for other threads about the TM30

I posted the other week the new Address

It only the Thai Post that redirects from the Old Airport Address

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 2:01 PM, CM Expat said:

An IO at airport said to use the following address for mail-in 90 day reports now.  Has anyone used this one yet?

Notify 90 Days
CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION
Building A, G Floor
Promenada Resort Mall
192 - 193 Tambon Tasala,
Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Update: I used the above address with no problem.  It makes sense as all the staff have moved to the Promenada office.

On 16-1-2017 at 10:01 PM, elektrified said:

I did send the 90 days report to the "old "address on Jan 20 and got it back on 30 jan.

Only registered post to Imm office and back just a normal stamp.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:12 AM, CM Expat said:

Update: I used the above address with no problem.  It makes sense as all the staff have moved to the Promenada office.

Unfortunately, this may not work for you next time. Consider yourself lucky. Not ALL the staff has moved to Promenada.

I just got mine back last week, after mailing to the same address for 10 years now. The return address as stamped on the envelope by Immigration is:

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จั.เชียงใหม่

I'd guess it doesn't matter whether you use the old Airport Road address (with or without the Moo 3 addition) or the Promenada address as the Post Office will deliver all mail addressed to Chiang Mai Immigration to (of all places!) Chiang Mai Immigration.  Much ado about nothing.

18 hours ago, elektrified said:

Unfortunately, this may not work for you next time. Consider yourself lucky. Not ALL the staff has moved to Promenada.

The head IO at Promenada said that you can use either the old or the new address and the 90 day report will all go to Promenada so I don't consider myself lucky but informed.

8 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Trust the postman? Surely you jest.....

Why  ? Never had a problem in 17 years.Even had a delivery when I made a mistake on my return address envelope.

If you want to indulge in all your horror stories with Thai mail go for it. For 99.9 % of us they do a good job

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Why  ? Never had a problem in 17 years.Even had a delivery when I made a mistake on my return address envelope.

If you want to indulge in all your horror stories with Thai mail go for it. For 99.9 % of us they do a good job

I'm happy to hear you have had success. I'm also happy to hear that you know how the 99.9% feel. Did you take a poll to get that conclusion?

I have expressed some of my past issues with the Thai postal service on other threads and won't be repeating myself. With them being a 'manual' process and I'm sure with limited resources, they don't do a real bad job. However I am happy to be able to make payments like my TOT, water, and electricity in person easily as I wouldn't trust the postal system with any time sensitive or payment mailings. But hey, that might be just me.

However I am happy to be able to make payments like my TOT, water, and electricity in person easily as I wouldn't trust the postal system with any time sensitive or payment mailings.

Have you considered direct debit from your Thai bank? Sure eliminates having to do such 'in person.' Never have experienced any problems with direct debit in over a decade.

Postal system? There are still birthday cards and anniversary cards I sent from the States -- that have never arrived. For credit cards, etc sent from my mail forwarder in the States -- I've used DHL without any problem. Not cheap -- but the DHL driver goes the extra mile to locate us in our backwater location. And now, we're on first named basis.

15 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Have you considered direct debit from your Thai bank? Sure eliminates having to do such 'in person.' Never have experienced any problems with direct debit in over a decade.

Postal system? There are still birthday cards and anniversary cards I sent from the States -- that have never arrived. For credit cards, etc sent from my mail forwarder in the States -- I've used DHL without any problem. Not cheap -- but the DHL driver goes the extra mile to locate us in our backwater location. And now, we're on first named basis.

Actually I avoid all online banking as well as using my debit card for anything other than extracting THB from the ATM. I use nothing but cash.

As for paying those utilities in person, no big deal for me. It occurs once a month. I generally pay TOT at the Promenada when I make a monthly run to Rimping. Most are aware that the Promenada is like a 'ghost mall' so there has never once been a queue for me. As for electricity payment, there's nearly two 7-11s on every street in CM so stopping once a month while I'm out and about isn't an issue. The water is actually paid here at my mooban. A guys comes around once a month to collect. If I'm not home then I'll stop by the main office on my way in or out of the neighborhood.

I agree, anything of importance for mailing I use DHL or Fedex. I have also sent and been sent numerous things over the years and they have yet been received. Hmmmmm  I guess you are not one of that 99.9% group Sparkles surveyed...  :-)

Archived