90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit I have never watched one of those Thai Visa News broadcast videos.

It was actually quite good & well presented & it did just report the news I had read on Thai sites factually

& without comment/bias...pretty good & I think I will watch more often now

That aside that news about the 4000 baht fine for not staying where you registered is really getting out of hand.

While it may have always been a law it was never pushed to this kinds of extent.

This coupled with the 24hr reporting deal is really pushing it for those who have family etc to visit in other parts of Thailand

Once the cops..both immigration types & regular types that now check areas for foreigners

living there.. see it as a nice money earner it may get ever more popular/pushed

That aside it does make one feel like some sort of tolerated prisoner...whats next? Ankle bracelet that changes from

green to red light when out of your registered area if not reset within 24hr at the local cop shop?

5 hours ago, mania said:

I must admit I have never watched one of those Thai Visa News broadcast videos.

It was actually quite good & well presented & it did just report the news I had read on Thai sites factually

& without comment/bias...pretty good & I think I will watch more often now

That aside that news about the 4000 baht fine for not staying where you registered is really getting out of hand.

While it may have always been a law it was never pushed to this kinds of extent.

This coupled with the 24hr reporting deal is really pushing it for those who have family etc to visit in other parts of Thailand

Once the cops..both immigration types & regular types that now check areas for foreigners

living there.. see it as a nice money earner it may get ever more popular/pushed

That aside it does make one feel like some sort of tolerated prisoner...whats next? Ankle bracelet that changes from

green to red light when out of your registered area if not reset within 24hr at the local cop shop?

Its so very sad the way immigration laws treat local families married to Aliens from around the world, a mangy dog crossing the border here has more rights to breed with local dogs then people from other countries and there families here.

On 09/10/2016 at 8:35 AM, Touch wood said:

Its so very sad the way immigration laws treat local families married to Aliens from around the world, a mangy dog crossing the border here has more rights to breed with local dogs then people from other countries and there families here.

freedomnow has his finger on the post regarding enforcement for aliens, he has just posted in this Chiang Mai form http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881962-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-2016/?page=24

Boo hoo, I got the TM30 penalty yesterday 1600 Baht even though they were notified in May this year at same address (I did leave the country though 6 weeks ago), wrote my address on TM7 on re-entry....nice little earner going on right now with the TM28/TM30 retroactive penalty now being enforced. I have lived at same address all this time in Thailand, and extensions of any kind were never an issue without doing the Tm28/30 dance with no TM30 being submitted after my very first one a few years back at same address except something this year for some reason in May.... only 90-day reporting of address seemed to be fine.
So we need TM7 reporting of address on arrival.
TM28/30 reporting of address now by tenant and building owner within 48 hours.
AND
every 90 days address reporting for those on extensions...unreal !
It's all going Indian style with the paperwork requirements.

Easy to calculate, don't make a 90 days, they charge you 2000B, make one they charge you 1600B. 400B less.

Skip it for 3 times till next extension it adds up to 2000B minus 4800B, so you save 2800B.

Simple. 

On 29/09/2016 at 9:36 AM, mania said:

Online still works fine

Site was hacked once awhile back is fine now

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I just tried to report online, and it does not work, when submitting the form, a pop up opens asking to contact Immigration. I have tried 3 or 4 times.

I have done it several times over the last year, it has always worked fine. Every time, there was a warning of a dangerous site, which I acknowledged and proceeded without troubles. Note that Chrome is not working, I always use iE.

Has anyone succeeded to do it recently ?

Thanks

Phil 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 0:17 PM, ThaiWx said:

Well I decided to go over to the airport office to check for myself and was surprised to see that they're doing the 90-day reports again. Last time I tried it there they told me to go to the Prom branch and handed me a map to where it was. Today I walked in, got in the 5 person line and was processed through and back out in 20 minutes total.;)

Today I went back to the airport branch for my 90-day and was told they were not doing them anymore.   Don't, do, don't .... they need a update flag on their website or some indicator. Back to the suicide runs to Prom. again for me.

On 13/10/2016 at 10:22 AM, pilou said:

I just tried to report online, and it does not work, when submitting the form, a pop up opens asking to contact Immigration. I have tried 3 or 4 times.

I have done it several times over the last year, it has always worked fine. Every time, there was a warning of a dangerous site, which I acknowledged and proceeded without troubles. Note that Chrome is not working, I always use iE.

Has anyone succeeded to do it recently ?

Thanks

Phil 

The problem is the immigration website server that is storing all the darter for the immigration website, SSL has slipped off the server or maybe overdue payment,  some browsers will block you because your information your about to send on the 90 days Visa reporting form immigration site, is not secure and you're complete profile can be viewed easily by others with bad intentions or whatever.

Some browsers will allow you to send your private details passport numbers etc and not block you, but you're very private information should only be sent on SSL website.

4 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

The problem is the immigration website server that is storing all the darter for the immigration website, SSL has slipped off the server or maybe overdue payment,  some browsers will block you because your information your about to send on the 90 days Visa reporting form immigration site, is not secure and you're complete profile can be viewed easily by others with bad intentions or whatever.

Some browsers will allow you to send your private details passport numbers etc and not block you, but you're very private information should only be sent on SSL website.

Clever browsers.   1508202.GIF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Posted my 90 day report on Thursday , got it back today Saturday.

I also put in a copy of the tm 30 , that seams to do the trick.

Nothing wrong with posting if u use registered mail 2 ways and you have it back in 2 days.

Cheers.

It seems like at the moment your way terminatorchiangmai is working very good, can you give me the correct address so I can try next time TouchWood.

I sent my 90 day report in last week. Immigration received it early in the week. I do not see the return tracking number online yet. I usually get my returns in 2 days after Immigration receives it. I will check again tomorrow (Saturday) in case the postal service updates anything overnight. The due date is Saturday if I calculate right so they received it on time.. Should I go to immigration on Monday? Does Promenada handle mail in problems? 

I know about the 15 day time frame ... My fault I didn't mail it earlier.

8 hours ago, jmd8800 said:

I sent my 90 day report in last week. Immigration received it early in the week. I do not see the return tracking number online yet. I usually get my returns in 2 days after Immigration receives it. I will check again tomorrow (Saturday) in case the postal service updates anything overnight. The due date is Saturday if I calculate right so they received it on time.. Should I go to immigration on Monday? Does Promenada handle mail in problems? 

I know about the 15 day time frame ... My fault I didn't mail it earlier.

If you do not receive the return on Monday by mail, go to Promenada after 2:30 o'clock, get queue number out the front off the students, go inside inside right hand side counter 2 ladies sitting next to each other, but do not see the Lady sitting on the left the big one, the pretty Lady on the right is better.
You must show your evidence take all your postal receipts in with you, and just in case they do not believe you take 1000 Thai money in with you, but I think everything will be okay straight forward no waiting five minutes work if you go in after 2:30 o'clock. PS what is the immigration address by the way please you send to?

30 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

30 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

If you do not receive the return on Monday by mail, go to Promenada after 2:30 o'clock, get queue number out the front off the students, go inside inside right hand side counter 2 ladies sitting next to each other, but do not see the Lady sitting on the left the big one, the pretty Lady on the right is better.
You must show your evidence take all your postal receipts in with you, and just in case they do not believe you take 1000 Thai money in with you, but I think everything will be okay straight forward no waiting five minutes work if you go in after 2:30 o'clock. PS what is the immigration address by the way please you send to?

1000 baht for what?

@ terminator, took 9 days to turn around er indoors report after being received at immigration the previous week.

No doubt busier now that the online reporting is looking like a dead duck.

@KKK if you are referring to TM 30 ...no I did not send one.

I received the receipt back around noon today. Interestingly they placed a stamp in the 90 day portion I carry with me reminding me that my visa is set to expire. The visa expires 13 days before my next 90 days is due.

On 12/23/2016 at 6:40 PM, Touch wood said:

It seems like at the moment your way terminatorchiangmai is working very good, can you give me the correct address so I can try next time TouchWood.

Sorry for my late reply.

For the address and more info of all the copy's you need to send go to the first page of this topic.

Tywais explanation is very clear. 

Feedback for the benefit of those who are concerned about 90-day reporting currently:

No doubt the New Year holidays will have an effect on those reporting soon.

However, I sent my report to the airport address as previously. Sent by EMS and recorded as being received on the 22nd. Just now received my 'Receipt of Notification'. As there was a weekend in between I would say [from my      experience] this service is working well. Only changes from my previous receipt was a 'Notice Box' containing three comments - 1.This is not and extension of stay. 2. Please check expiry date in your passport. 3. The fine for overdue notification is not exceeding 5000 Bath; yes it does read Bath. No comment regarding TM30 or Foreigners Info Sheet; or whatever it's called.

FWIW ... I was out of the country in Sept/Oct and therefore my report was due 90-days from my re-entry; therefore no previous receipt required.

• 3 weeks later...

An IO at airport said to use the following address for mail-in 90 day reports now.  Has anyone used this one yet?

Notify 90 Days
CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION
Building A, G Floor
Promenada Resort Mall
192 - 193 Tambon Tasala,
Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

2 hours ago, CM Expat said:

An IO at airport said to use the following address for mail-in 90 day reports now.  Has anyone used this one yet?

Notify 90 Days
CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION
Building A, G Floor
Promenada Resort Mall
192 - 193 Tambon Tasala,
Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Their website says to use the old address still:  http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/news/notification/21-the-temporary-moving-of-chiang-mai-immigration.html

27 minutes ago, NancyL said:

That was also dated November 25th, before the move.  Will see what the current experiences from others in the last week of using the old address are.  The old may still work but may be delayed as it is forwarded if the new address as stated by immigration is correct.

Archived