90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

I've tried it all, Windows, virtual machines, not working. And I'm happy to pay 15+3B for the mail if they don't screw up again as in January.

A friend went to Prom and enquired [at the desk inside] why his online 90-day submission was not working. Maybe he was lucky to get the right person on the right day, but they sorted it out in a very few minutes and a few keyboard entries. He does speak Thai and had all his original documents with him.

Did they simply file his 90 day report for him at that time, or did they correct his record in their system so that he was able to submit 90 day reports on-line in the future?

Both Nancy: he already had a queue ticket for the day [arrived at 8:30am] to do his submission but the guy at the desk inside [familiar face from the airport] said that next time there was no reason why he wouldn't be able to do it online. As is usually the case he was not told why his online submissions had failed in the past - they do like to keep us guessing.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried it all, Windows, virtual machines, not working. And I'm happy to pay 15+3B for the mail if they don't screw up again as in January.

A friend went to Prom and enquired [at the desk inside] why his online 90-day submission was not working. Maybe he was lucky to get the right person on the right day, but they sorted it out in a very few minutes and a few keyboard entries. He does speak Thai and had all his original documents with him.

Did they simply file his 90 day report for him at that time, or did they correct his record in their system so that he was able to submit 90 day reports on-line in the future?

Both Nancy: he already had a queue ticket for the day [arrived at 8:30am] to do his submission but the guy at the desk inside [familiar face from the airport] said that next time there was no reason why he wouldn't be able to do it online. As is usually the case he was not told why his online submissions had failed in the past - they do like to keep us guessing.

I hope you can report back about whether he will be able to file his next 90 day report on-line.

After two frustrating days of attempts to use the online system, I finally worked it out and received an email verification and was able to print my receipt in just over an hour. Some, particularly WIN 10 users, may be interested in what I did.

I know they said you must use IE Explorer. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. There is no longer an Internet Explorer (or so I thought) so I tried Firefox, Chrome, and the new Windows 10 Edge. I could get to the application form, but filling it in was excruciating. I had to enter one character, wait, enter the next character and wait. The drop down boxes didn't work and finally I would get a message "website not responding".

On a whim I went into my program files on Win 10. Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. Scroll down and you will find 'Internet Explorer'. Click and find the application file "iexplore". You can click and the program will start, or first right click and choose 'Pin to Start' if you wish to use it from there. I did this on two different computers so I assume this is normal for Win 10.

I went to the Immigration Site and everything worked as it was supposed to. I received an email that said it was approved. Went back to the site. Printed out my completed form. No Problem.

Hope it helps. ;)

My IE shows up in the app list as normal, but I'm sure other Win10 users will be in the same situation, so thanks for taking the time to write it out.

You could also click the search icon and type in Internet Explorer...

After two frustrating days of attempts to use the online system, I finally worked it out and received an email verification and was able to print my receipt in just over an hour. Some, particularly WIN 10 users, may be interested in what I did.

I know they said you must use IE Explorer. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. There is no longer an Internet Explorer (or so I thought) so I tried Firefox, Chrome, and the new Windows 10 Edge. I could get to the application form, but filling it in was excruciating. I had to enter one character, wait, enter the next character and wait. The drop down boxes didn't work and finally I would get a message "website not responding".

On a whim I went into my program files on Win 10. Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. Scroll down and you will find 'Internet Explorer'. Click and find the application file "iexplore". You can click and the program will start, or first right click and choose 'Pin to Start' if you wish to use it from there. I did this on two different computers so I assume this is normal for Win 10.

I went to the Immigration Site and everything worked as it was supposed to. I received an email that said it was approved. Went back to the site. Printed out my completed form. No Problem.

Hope it helps. wink.png

My IE shows up in the app list as normal, but I'm sure other Win10 users will be in the same situation, so thanks for taking the time to write it out.

You could also click the search icon and type in Internet Explorer...

Thanks. Actually I'm actually almost embarrassed to say, but the more I thought about it, at installation I may have deleted the IE along with some other apps I thought I wouldn't use. It was stuck in my mind that MS wasn't supporting IE any longer so I forgot it was there. Tough getting old. Anyway, bottom line is that the IE in Win 10 is compatible with the Immigration site. facepalm.gif

Still says 10B stamp which is weird. It's 3B actually if not registered. Does it cost more to send mail around the province?

No. They copy/pasted that from the main Bangkok Immigration website and have no idea where they derived it from. I did a little checking and there is no 10 baht standard post. It is 3, 5, 9 and 15 baht. This is the breakdown from Thailand Post and valid country wide, no difference between inter or intra province. Due to them stuffing the envelopes with extra pages I admit I added an additional 3 baht stamp this time for 6 baht as I have a stock of 3 baht stamps. smile.png

0-20 gms = 3 baht

21-100 gms = 5 baht

101-250 gms = 9 baht

251+ gms = 15 baht

For TM47 return.

1 Envelope = 4.5 gms

1 Sheet A4 = 4.5 gms

------------------------

9 gms = 3 baht

Or maybe they plan to send a bunch of documents next time... I received the same form as yours (April 2).

Just did my first ever 90 day reporting online. I had a few concerns given what has been written earlier but thought I would give it a go. I am in a new address not previously notified to immigration, and most recently entered Thailand by air on 17 January. My due date would have been the first Monday after Songkran, so with the prospect of a huge crowd given office closure over Songkran it was try online now, and if it failed still an opportunity to attend in person next Monday or Tuesday ( as I had commitments on other days)....with again potential crowds given office closure later in that week.

I briefly followed the guidelines published by CM Christian community basically for the link and browser advice.

I used Google Chrome and it would have taken all of 5 minutes to enter the required data. After I submitted the data I received a transaction reference number and a time stamp of 1.03pm today.

I was going to check progress in a few days but surprisingly ( to me anyway) received an approved notification by email a short while ago at 4.39pm.

All in all could not have been easier. I would encourage others to try online notification and hope, in this case, your mileage does not vary.

Mailed (EMS) my 90-day report in last Saturday (April 2nd) and received back the new Receipt of Notification today (April 8th) along with a TM47 form. It would seem they are now back in the mode of actually mailing something back......good. Would note that I simply included a stamped (10 baht stamp per their written requirements) return envelope (i.e., didn't use EMS for the return).

I have a new theory....

Sent my 90 days via registered mail, received on 1.April (no joke) by Immigration. The return letter, as the previous not returned one in January, was stamped with 3B as per postal requirements.

Haven't received it back by today, whereas there are 2 other returned reports with normal mail in shorter time using 10B stamps.

I'm in Hang Dong, not Muang. Perhaps still comes back before due date of 11th (Monday).

So probably you need to put a 10B stamp on it for all their additional material they are distributing now instead of following Thai Post pricing :).

Just a hypothesis....

Mail came back today, that is a turnaround time of 12 days. 3B stamp is enough for normal mail on the return.

Included the slip and a blank TM47 form, no other notice.

On the backside a list of names of policemen responsible for the area :).

I input on-line 90-day reports for Hubby and me on the first day of Songkran, the 13th using a procedure that had worked before ( my 2006-era HP loaded with Windows Vista, Internet Explorer) and instead of being approved in a few hours, I watched in growing horror to see them sit with pending status day-after-day during the long Songkran holiday and this weekend.

This morning I checked status around 9 am using a newer computer with Windows 10 and Internet Explorer (no problems navigating the site) and Glory Be! our applications were Approved! and I was able print out the "appointment" slips that go into the passports.

Curious as to why we never receive emails from Immigration notifying us of approval, I located them having been sent this morning in our Junk or Spam folders. Probably because the sending website isn't a secure site. They were marked as being sent at 8:15 am. Someone got right to work this morning getting caught up on Songkran backlog, it seems.

The last several 90 day reports have worked very well on-line. We're taking a little overseas trip before the next 90 day reports are due. I hope that doesn't mess up our winning streak with the on-line 90 day report system. We'll be sure to have new TM30s filed when we return.

Mail came back today, that is a turnaround time of 12 days. 3B stamp is enough for normal mail on the return.

On the backside a list of names of policemen responsible for the area smile.png.

You sent it in on April 1 and received it back on April 12. What date does your 90 day START on?

On the backside a list of names of policemen responsible for the area smile.png.

You sent it in on April 1 and received it back on April 12. What date does your 90 day START on?

Due date was 11th, it was stamped on the 4th, new date is 2nd July.

Due date was 11th, it was stamped on the 4th, new date is 2nd July.

That is correct for the due date. Sounds more like a problem with the mail.

• 3 weeks later...

My 90 day renewal was due on May 10. However I went abroad and returned on May 5. No now I reckon I am not due to renew until Aug 3. I usually do it my mail. I am wondering when I do it and send in the old original saying due on May 10 if it will cause any problems or confusion. Would appreciate comment from anyone who has done this before.

My 90 day renewal was due on May 10. However I went abroad and returned on May 5. No now I reckon I am not due to renew until Aug 3. I usually do it my mail. I am wondering when I do it and send in the old original saying due on May 10 if it will cause any problems or confusion. Would appreciate comment from anyone who has done this before.

It shouldn't be a problem. When you send in your next report, you are required to send in a copy of the most recent arrival stamp in your passport. (I then hand wrote an arrow on the page pointing toward it.) They'll calculate that you are not due until August.

I suppose you could send in your previous one but (in my opinion) it would only cause confusion. Any time I've left the country, I've simply discarded the previous report.

It shouldn't be a problem. When you send in your next report, you are required to send in a copy of the most recent arrival stamp in your passport. (I then hand wrote an arrow on the page pointing toward it.) They'll calculate that you are not due until August.

I suppose you could send in your previous one but (in my opinion) it would only cause confusion. Any time I've left the country, I've simply discarded the previous report.

Be sure your "housemaster" submits a new TM30 form for you within 24 hours of your return home. I'm so happy that our condo office will do this for everyone who lives here. They got themselves set up on the same computer system that hotels use to report foreign guests to Immigration. Ever since this happened, we've been able to do our 90 day reports on-line. Yipee! That's because our departure card info is always current in the Imm. computer system, thanks to the TM30 being current.

I don't think CM is so wonderful any longer. The terrible air quality - year round, the unrelenting construction IMO have ruined a lovely city. I have moved to Hua Hin. My 1 year visa & re-entry visa took me all of 50 mins. And my lungs are very, very grateful!

I don't think CM is so wonderful any longer. The terrible air quality - year round, the unrelenting construction IMO have ruined a lovely city. I have moved to Hua Hin. My 1 year visa & re-entry visa took me all of 50 mins. And my lungs are very, very grateful!

We have come to the same conclusion but will drift a bit further than you wink.png

To a place that does have a govt & does not require us to check in every 90 days

nor anytime we stay elsewhere etc. (both us & the owners of any place we stay at) will not need to file any forms.

555 jeez that almost sounds like we should be wearing prison uniforms

I came to that conclusion long ago. I`m hard push to find any positives. The only times when it`s possible to get wet and wild here is when there are thunderstorms.

I input on-line 90-day reports for Hubby and me on the first day of Songkran, the 13th using a procedure that had worked before ( my 2006-era HP loaded with Windows Vista, Internet Explorer) and instead of being approved in a few hours, I watched in growing horror to see them sit with pending status day-after-day during the long Songkran holiday and this weekend.

This morning I checked status around 9 am using a newer computer with Windows 10 and Internet Explorer (no problems navigating the site) and Glory Be! our applications were Approved! and I was able print out the "appointment" slips that go into the passports.

Curious as to why we never receive emails from Immigration notifying us of approval, I located them having been sent this morning in our Junk or Spam folders. Probably because the sending website isn't a secure site. They were marked as being sent at 8:15 am. Someone got right to work this morning getting caught up on Songkran backlog, it seems.

The last several 90 day reports have worked very well on-line. We're taking a little overseas trip before the next 90 day reports are due. I hope that doesn't mess up our winning streak with the on-line 90 day report system. We'll be sure to have new TM30s filed when we return.

My previous 90 day report breezed through the online system. This last one never got off the ground though I was using the exact same hardware/software and there was no change in my status. I tried it with windows 10, also. It died on the first page.

It is frustrating to think how many hundreds of kids would love to build a functioning web site but aren't related to the right people.

Fortunately again, the 90 day reporting took me less than 10 mins last month. I too would have opted for a different country - however with 6 dogs & 2 cats had to opt for HH. It's not the most exciting place but I am not really looking for excitement. Lovely fresh sea air - which after a decade in CM means a lot & it's windy every day. Would love to have considered a small village in SW France - but too encumbered atm. The LOS has definitely lost it's appeal - at least for me

I just completed my third in a row online...the first two took hours to get approved..this one went "pending" immediately, but took till the third morning, after the night I submitted it, for "approval." Still better than the best possible outcome from the Post Office, and no copies/no stamps/no envelopes. Holidays obviously cause problems getting stuff done at Immigration.

PS. I just checked my Email, and found the last two in the Junk Folder....on a hotmail account...I almost used another email address this time, but chickened out, turns out it was working fine, just had to mark it as not junk.

90 days report due on the 14th of May. Form and papers sent by mail on the 3rd of May, registered two ways (34 Baths).

Slip received today along with a blank TM47.

Slip stamped on the 10th. Not so bad for the 14th due date, hey? rolleyes.gif

Well, just lucky: so many holidays this time... tongue.png

Be sure your "housemaster" submits a new TM30 form for you within 24 hours of your return home. I'm so happy that our condo office will do this for everyone who lives here. They got themselves set up on the same computer system that hotels use to report foreign guests to Immigration. Ever since this happened, we've been able to do our 90 day reports on-line. Yipee! That's because our departure card info is always current in the Imm. computer system, thanks to the TM30 being current.

Thanks for your input, Nancy. I have a yellow book, ie leaseholder of house I live in for many years - does TM30 apply?

I have no recollection of ever doing anything with a TM30.

Appreciate your comments.

When I use my passport number to check the status of a 90 report; it shows all my previous online reports, there is no field of any kind showing TM30 status. However, this is something they may check when doing in person, and/or your first one, when returning from a trip. I did my last in person, last July before the move to Prom, and they were making people show proof of address, and several were SOL. I happened to have my Yellow Book, and that was all it took...so that may have been the first step in this new order. Previously, I pulled out a 3BB Bill, and just let them keep it. I was surprised that no proof of address was needed at extension time in December, but I was ready, but a few inline said they had never been asked for it before at extension time. Also, some Yellow Book holders actually own their condos, I even was given a Blue Book at the same time I was given a Yellow Book, which many of the experts will dispute until I show them. It might be handy if I want to sell to a Thai. Sorry, not a more definitive answer, and you know how the wind is. Maybe others will know more.

Thanks for your input, Nancy. I have a yellow book, ie leaseholder of house I live in for many years - does TM30 apply?

I have no recollection of ever doing anything with a TM30.

Appreciate your comments.

Yes, a new TM30 is suppose to be filed every time a foreigner returns to Thailand after having been out of the country.

Have you been able to do 90-day reports on-line? If not, the lack of having an up-to-date TM30 on file may be one reason why.

Thanks again for your reply, Nancy and KhonKaen Cowboy.

No I have never done the 90 day on line ... since the 'by post' option has been available I have mostly done it that way.

Either that way or in person

How would I do a TM30? Where?

Since I live in the house I own (have lease on and thus yellow book) where and how would I do a TM 30

And where would it be submitted.

Many thanks for help.

Archived