90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

1 hour ago, MadMac said:

Haven't done a 90 days for a while, what happened, why you guys go berserk?

Just drop by at Promenada, 14:30 seems to be a good time now, or send it by snail mail as always. 

Out of the last dozen or more 90 day reports I've had to do I've only once gone to immigration and that was because online didn't work and it was maybe too late for mail. I went to immigration at about 3pm and was in and out in 5 minutes. The down side of my approach is that I have nothing to moan about, which could be an issue with some of the posters here.

It seems that not going to immigration avoids the new form too -  the one asking about social life etc. I can only assume that those going to immigration for 90 days are gluttons for punishment. I avoid Thai bureaucracy as much as I can - even to the point of not getting the new Aliens pink card or even a yellow book. I sometimes wonder whether those getting the pink card are doing the equivalent of what I did when I was 8yo - I sent off for membership of International Rescue, which was what Thunderbirds were. I got a membership card and although it had no practical purpose I couldn't wait to take it to school to show my mates.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Out of the last dozen or more 90 day reports I've had to do I've only once gone to immigration and that was because online didn't work and it was maybe too late for mail. I went to immigration at about 3pm and was in and out in 5 minutes. 

It seems that not going to immigration avoids the new form too -  the one asking about social life etc. I can only assume that those going to immigration for 90 days are gluttons for punishment. I avoid Thai bureaucracy as much as I can - even to the point of not getting the new Aliens pink card or even a yellow book. I sometimes wonder whether those getting the pink card are doing the equivalent of what I did when I was 8yo - I sent off for membership of International Rescue, which was what Thunderbirds were. I got a membership card and although it had no practical purpose I couldn't wait to take it to school to show my mates.

I began doing my 90 day reports by post. The first few times I did receive the receipts back, but they were taking from 10 days to 2 weeks to arrive and was stressing wondering is it going to be returned or not. Then the last one I did, did not arrive and had to visit the airport immigration with all the hassle. Online has not worked for me.

I guess judging by all the posts that are claiming they are always successful doing their reports online or by post, that I must be doing it all wrong or very unlucky. So for the meanwhile, I will stick to paying 300 baht at the G4T that guarantees my 90 day reporting will be fast and successful.

Chiengmaijoe You have a very good sense of humour .

cyberfarang  Speak for yourself you when through a middlemen private, I went direct to the Thai government and they told me nevermind about a photo.
MadMac    you've got it right just drop by at Promenada, 14:30 seems to be a good time now.
trainman34014  that a good idea send it bymail EMS both ways, as the Internet has corruption issues, and the Webmasters here not first world.
Seven years at the airport 14:30 was a good time also, but this was the first time I was Targeted and the guy before me in the queue had the same problem, I have never had a Custom officer guy not give me 90 days before, so the motto to my original Post today on this form is,” its always best to go seven days early.

10 hours ago, Touch wood said:

cyberfarang you got ripped off at Promenada you don't have to go upstairs and pay any money, 90 day check in is free, only took me 2 minutes in the Thai customs department, I did not have to go all the way upstairs and take any mugshots photograph and pay and get ripped off also, I only was there for about two minutes, maybe one minute is needed to be spent in the customs Department and 90 days it's free, buyer be where.

What is the "customs Department" and exactly where is it?

I try to stay away from Immigration as much as possible apart from my yearly extension.I do this because the place frankly gives me the creeps.

Never knowing what rules will change or having to fill another nonsense form in, not knowing if you will be there for 15 minutes or hours.

I dont know how long I have be reporting my mail, as online doesn't work for me eithe,r but this last week the 90 day turn around  again was 4 working days.                                 EMS in, ordinary mail back.Total cost 47 baht

That has been my experience for at least 2 years.Lining the pockets of agents for then to get priority ie, 2  min queue jump, goes against the grain for me..

If you were asked to pay 300 baht for a couple of minutes with a Doctor at a CM Hospital people would be screaming.

I do acknowledge its matter of choice but keep feeding the problem it will never go away.

By the way my local PO has discared the show your passport rule,that didn't last long did it ?

45 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I try to stay away from Immigration as much as possible apart from my yearly extension.I do this because the place frankly gives me the creeps.

Never knowing what rules will change or having to fill another nonsense form in, not knowing if you will be there for 15 minutes or hours.

I dont know how long I have be reporting my mail, as online doesn't work for me eithe,r but this last week the 90 day turn around  again was 4 working days.                                 EMS in, ordinary mail back.Total cost 47 baht

That has been my experience for at least 2 years.Lining the pockets of agents for then to get priority ie, 2  min queue jump, goes against the grain for me..

If you were asked to pay 300 baht for a couple of minutes with a Doctor at a CM Hospital people would be screaming.

I do acknowledge its matter of choice but keep feeding the problem it will never go away.

By the way my local PO has discared the show your passport rule,that didn't last long did it ?

Agreed up to a point. I can do 90 online er indoors by mail, no problem.

Did annual last week and rather than pay an agency 10K plus, or get up before we went to bed,we laid out 2 x 300baht to a non visa agency to hold our place in the line. They apparently arrived before 4am to get seats/places,we arrived at 8.30am and received tickets at 8.40am,done and dusted by 10.15am.

That I consider money well spent, but agreed, shouldn't have to but see little changing any time soon.

35 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Agreed up to a point. I can do 90 online er indoors by mail, no problem.

Did annual last week and rather than pay an agency 10K plus, or get up before we went to bed,we laid out 2 x 300baht to a non visa agency to hold our place in the line. They apparently arrived before 4am to get seats/places,we arrived at 8.30am and received tickets at 8.40am,done and dusted by 10.15am.

That I consider money well spent, but agreed, shouldn't have to but see little changing any time soon.

Yes agree the queue sitter's a better option than paying an agent. who is also a queue jumper,mostly  from inside, but very much more expensive. Unless you can't fill out a simple form which most of could do with our eyes shut.

In the grand scheme of things its just a small, but unecessary, hurdle of living here in CM.

23 hours ago, Touch wood said:

Be very careful new upgrade regulation 90 days reporting, its easy now to become a criminal in Thailand if you're not careful.
Seven years I have been doing 90 day reporting at airport customs, but one guy that works in the Office in another building come to the desk, because the old one finger typist was having problems, as no one was moving and getting anything done . The new custom guy would not allow the person before me to do he's reporting, and showed him a new document that I had never seen, the officer said to the guy in front of me, you have one of these documents, the guy in front of me replied no and had to leaves.
And then it came to me the custom official told me do have one of these, I looked at it. Something about proof of address, so I reply I have my rental agreement in the car, he said no no no no good, the official explain to me I must go out the back to the other customs office and pick up a form, send it to my landlord have him sign and fill it in and return it to the customs department. The officers say bring it back to him that works in one of the offices out the back, behind the new renovated front office.
Well I went and got one from the office he told me about, but well I thought by the time I send it to my landlord in Bangkok and get him to send it back to me I would be over the 90 days then be a legal Alien.  So I thought maybe this local guy was having a bad day, you cannot help bad luck.
Imagine turning up on your last Visa day on Friday before the weekend and you are driving home get pulled up by a policeman, that wants to look at your passport, no Visa go straight into to the immigration jail worse then hell.
So I took a quick drive to the second custom establishment you know on the bottom floor the new shopping Centre off superhighway 11.
I was able to do my 90 day reporting with a smile this time, yes there is a new form at the other office place you must do,
There is now new custom upgrade by the way this new 90 day reporting form plus the old form, so there is 2 customs forms now, but at the new department in the shopping centre the form they gave me was not the same form that the official gave me at Air Port customs.
This form I did not have to send it to my landlord in Bangkok and wait for him to send it back to Chiang Mai, the second new upgrade form is simple easy, you can do it very quickly, but it looks like it's only going to get tougher and soon you will have to take along a passport photo of yourself every 90 days also.

Touch Wood.....
I can see you are a little confused about all the forms.  The second form you had to do with your 90 day form is not a new 90 day form.  It is a new Foreigner Information Form that has to be completed for Immigration even if you were doing a visa extension or other transaction.

The problem and the form you were given at the Airport Immigration Office is a TM30.  There are a number of posts and topics regarding this here on Thai Visa so I am not going to try and explain it.  The important part for you is you still have not complied with this requirement and your landlord or you are probably due for a 1,600 Baht fine when you do.  I advise you to research this.

Also, just for clarification  when posting, you are dealing with Immigration and not Customs. Best of luck.  

Thank you silverhawk_usa but do you have a link to the ThiaVisa form post on TM3?
Yes I have looked into the TM3 a bit, it looks like no one much has contacted the owner of there house that they are living in, even if its your Lady friend.
The law is the owner must contact the Government department in 24 hours if a Alien moves into there premises, the owner will be fine 1600 bart, not the renter or Male friend fine or me fine1600 bart.
The country is bankrupt so the revenue collectors have been let off the leash.
So I think shortly everybody will be getting this TM30 form. If you mail your  90 days reporting in, you will most likely have this letter sent back to you, but you are not entitle to renew your 90 days reporting until it signed buy the owner of the premises and delivered back to the Government department and officially recorded, you are not entitle to renew your 90 days reporting like I was stopped.
I think also you will be stopped at the agency doing your 90 days surely, and then also the internet 90 days will be stopped until you get the owner to sign TM30 an delivered it.

Has anybody ever had this problem 90 days reporting.

I was told last week, I had to get my landlord that lives in Bangkok, to fill out TM30 form, and send it back to me so I could have it stamped and placed in my passport for future reference, before they would renew my 90 days reporting for Retie visas.

They obviously run out of other sources of income in CNX. The TM30 thing is the next after they got busted with the 500B scam for residence certificate through agencies. Only a question of time until the next BS gets made up. Probably easier to get the extension from BKK again or just a new yearly visa from abroad.

12 hours ago, Touch wood said:

Thank you silverhawk_usa but do you have a link to the ThiaVisa form post on TM3?
Yes I have looked into the TM3 a bit, it looks like no one much has contacted the owner of there house that they are living in, even if its your Lady friend.

Not sure I understand what you are asking.  If you are looking for Thai Visa posts regarding the TM 30, just use the search box, upper right hand corner of page.  Type in TM 30.  There are many.

If you are looking for the TM 30 form, which I thought they gave you at Immigration, you can get it from the Thai Immigration website here....Link

I have done some research silverhawk_usa like you suggested  On Thai Visa Posts Regarding TM30 form, some Guy’s reply’s I copied and pasted below, silverhawk_usa you had been very helpful good luck to you.

This guy posted : last week refused 90 days for first time, I was told last week that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my 90 days could be stamped for another 90.

1/ This guy posted : I was told last October that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my extension in November ( in Phuket) so it's got nothing to do with the bombings. Without this, no extensions will be granted here.( By extensions I mean long stay) The paper is stapled into your passport. Mayb...

2/  This guy posted : I was also required to have aTM30 for my last extension at Nonthaburi Immigration on the 16 Sept,completed by my wife and showing her house book and with a copy. I had already completed most of the form but they then wanted it in Thai & not english, of which was not a problem.

3/ This guy posted : I’ll just remember to have my wife fill out aTM30 on my next renewal and tuck it away with my Yellow House Book. One thing I've learned: you can never be 'over-prepared' when doing your annual extension paperwork. Read TV and then think of the most absurd thing that an I/O could possibly ask fo...

4/ This guy posted : IMO immigration don't care too much about who completes theTM30 when a foreigner moves in to a private residence. Many foreigners qualify as owners or possessors and can complete the form as such. The law is clear, but there still doesn't seem to be a countrywide policy regarding it's enforcement.

5/ This guy posted :You would report yourself using aTM30 form. Some offices have people report themselves as the possessor of a residence even though they don't own it.

6/  This guy posted : It is a requirement from immigration that hotels must complete aTM30 for all non-Thai guests. The General Manager is the designated person to ensure this is done, however the GM will of course delegate this task to the front desk manager and their staff. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/e...

7/ This guy posted : have never submitted formsTM30 as they are required to do whenever an alien is living in their property. This has clearly created a bit problem when it comes to keeping track of aliens' whereabouts and movement in the country. This desire to keep tabs on all aliens is a subject for a different de...

8/ This guy posted : last week refused 90 days for first time, I was told last week that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my 90 days could be down this time.

18 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

I have done some research silverhawk_usa like you suggested  On Thai Visa Posts Regarding TM30 form, some Guy’s reply’s I copied and pasted below, silverhawk_usa you had been very helpful good luck to you.

This guy posted : last week refused 90 days for first time, I was told last week that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my 90 days could be stamped for another 90.

1/ This guy posted : I was told last October that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my extension in November ( in Phuket) so it's got nothing to do with the bombings. Without this, no extensions will be granted here.( By extensions I mean long stay) The paper is stapled into your passport. Mayb...

2/  This guy posted : I was also required to have aTM30 for my last extension at Nonthaburi Immigration on the 16 Sept,completed by my wife and showing her house book and with a copy. I had already completed most of the form but they then wanted it in Thai & not english, of which was not a problem.

3/ This guy posted : I’ll just remember to have my wife fill out aTM30 on my next renewal and tuck it away with my Yellow House Book. One thing I've learned: you can never be 'over-prepared' when doing your annual extension paperwork. Read TV and then think of the most absurd thing that an I/O could possibly ask fo...

4/ This guy posted : IMO immigration don't care too much about who completes theTM30 when a foreigner moves in to a private residence. Many foreigners qualify as owners or possessors and can complete the form as such. The law is clear, but there still doesn't seem to be a countrywide policy regarding it's enforcement.

5/ This guy posted :You would report yourself using aTM30 form. Some offices have people report themselves as the possessor of a residence even though they don't own it.

6/  This guy posted : It is a requirement from immigration that hotels must complete aTM30 for all non-Thai guests. The General Manager is the designated person to ensure this is done, however the GM will of course delegate this task to the front desk manager and their staff. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/e...

7/ This guy posted : have never submitted formsTM30 as they are required to do whenever an alien is living in their property. This has clearly created a bit problem when it comes to keeping track of aliens' whereabouts and movement in the country. This desire to keep tabs on all aliens is a subject for a different de...

8/ This guy posted : last week refused 90 days for first time, I was told last week that I would need to get my landlord to fill out aTM30 before my 90 days could be down this time.

"This guy" sure is posting a lot.   1507625.GIF

1 hour ago, Moobahn said:

Google tells me the immigration website is hacked. Is this for real?

Could be your computer

This site is fine

http://www.immigration.go.th/

EDIT...I take that back & yes they are hacked

Initially did not see it but once I moved around in site it is in fact hacked.

Recommend not going till cleared.

Seems just some trip wires now but you never know

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys good morning.

I see a lot of you guys on Thai Visa site do not recommend going to the office personally to do 90 days reporting.
Also a lot of guys do not like Mail Post 90 day reporting I also see on Thai Visa Post.
So I was going to do the Internet thing 90 day reporting for the first time then I spotted the hacking report of immigration website hacked.
Is there a forth 4 Avenue for 90 day reporting for aliens in Thailand?? I suppose there will be some recommendations regarding middle men and women Thai agents.

26 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

Hi Guys good morning.

I see a lot of you guys on Thai Visa site do not recommend going to the office personally to do 90 days reporting.
Also a lot of guys do not like Mail Post 90 day reporting I also see on Thai Visa Post.
So I was going to do the Internet thing 90 day reporting for the first time then I spotted the hacking report of immigration website hacked.
Is there a forth 4 Avenue for 90 day reporting for aliens in Thailand?? I suppose there will be some recommendations regarding middle men and women Thai agents.

Online still works fine

Site was hacked once awhile back is fine now

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to tell all Aliens but now confirmed that all 90 days sent by post, or done by your agent, or Internet will now require a copy of the TM30 form or they will not issue the new 90 day report slip. Apparently may also apply to those already in the system so guess you will be joining the queue that will be forming at airport imm when slips are not received.
Requirement TM30 consisting of 2 documents 1 completely filled in & signed by your landlord, other form you fill in your details but landlord must sign also, Landlord blue book copy, if rent contract copy, ID copy Landlord, legal decoration Thai citizen guaranteeing you, also need copy of Thai guarantee ID. If you do not pay 1600 Thai for your landlord breaking the law, you will not be stamped. Bad guys out of the kingdom, good guys pay & stay in.
If you go down to Airport immigration you can do it personally, take everything I told you Aliens, but it's better to take your Thai guarantee with you to speak for their language and guarantee you.

30 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Currently there is no way to upload a TM 30 for online 90 day report.

You want to hope the Immigration Webmasters will work something out, otherwise just keep doing your 90 days online. In the future you might have to come to the airport with all that documentation. If you know someone who has a good Visa agent, I would suggest if you live up country send everything to that visa business address in Chiang Mai, and have them do it for you and send back the receipt so you can have the serial numbers receipt number. Maybe the immigration Webmaster might add maybe, possibly who knows to the online 90 day reporting some extra to that page in the future, so you guys will all be okay good luck touchwood.

1 hour ago, Touch wood said:

I have been trying to tell all Aliens but now confirmed that all 90 days sent by post, or done by your agent, or Internet will now require a copy of the TM30 form or they will not issue the new 90 day report slip. Apparently may also apply to those already in the system so guess you will be joining the queue that will be forming at airport imm when slips are not received.
Requirement TM30 consisting of 2 documents 1 completely filled in & signed by your landlord, other form you fill in your details but landlord must sign also, Landlord blue book copy, if rent contract copy, ID copy Landlord, legal decoration Thai citizen guaranteeing you, also need copy of Thai guarantee ID. If you do not pay 1600 Thai for your landlord breaking the law, you will not be stamped. Bad guys out of the kingdom, good guys pay & stay in.
If you go down to Airport immigration you can do it personally, take everything I told you Aliens, but it's better to take your Thai guarantee with you to speak for their language and guarantee you.

I contacted my Local Agent to ask about my 90 report

He stated that if i am registered in Chiang Mai Area

I do not need a TM 30 receipt

Unless i report outside of Chiang Mai Area

i will find out on Monday when i have mine done

So for people who think they know

Monday will be interesting

1 hour ago, Lizard2010 said:

Sounds a very good Visa agent with lots of good contacts, who are you using? I'm sure there will be people that will support his business in this form.

9 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

Completely the opposite of what my friend was told yesterday by the investigations dept at airport imm.

A clusterf-----k in the making.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Completely the opposite of what my friend was told yesterday by the investigations dept at airport imm.

A clusterf-----k in the making.

Yes agree with you, you know they will lose a lot of potential business,like people retiring here and go elsewhere like Malaysia, to many dinosaurs controlling things these days, lots of foreign currencies down, local currency still strong, and nothing but confusion uncertainties here.

It is all rather a conundrum. Take a look at downtown Chiang Mai and you don't have to be Einstein to see the only investment / development is based on tourism. Or more likely the expectation of tourism. Every rental, building site etc I see is geared towards tourists. In a sense for Chiang Mai a lot of these tourists have always been longer term tourists and residents (it always has been a destination for long stays and visits from domestic expat tourists). More condos , more moobahns, more hotels, more apartments and more jobs that depend on tourism. The private and govt sector would seem to be in a head on collision?

On 9/9/2016 at 7:10 PM, Touch wood said:

Be very careful new upgrade regulation 90 days reporting, its easy now to become a criminal in Thailand if you're not careful.
Seven years I have been doing 90 day reporting at airport customs, but one guy that works in the Office in another building come to the desk, because the old one finger typist was having problems, as no one was moving and getting anything done . The new custom guy would not allow the person before me to do he's reporting, and showed him a new document that I had never seen, the officer said to the guy in front of me, you have one of these documents, the guy in front of me replied no and had to leaves.
And then it came to me the custom official told me do have one of these, I looked at it. Something about proof of address, so I reply I have my rental agreement in the car, he said no no no no good, the official explain to me I must go out the back to the other customs office and pick up a form, send it to my landlord have him sign and fill it in and return it to the customs department. The officers say bring it back to him that works in one of the offices out the back, behind the new renovated front office.
Well I went and got one from the office he told me about, but well I thought by the time I send it to my landlord in Bangkok and get him to send it back to me I would be over the 90 days then be a legal Alien.  So I thought maybe this local guy was having a bad day, you cannot help bad luck.
Imagine turning up on your last Visa day on Friday before the weekend and you are driving home get pulled up by a policeman, that wants to look at your passport, no Visa go straight into to the immigration jail worse then hell.
So I took a quick drive to the second custom establishment you know on the bottom floor the new shopping Centre off superhighway 11.
I was able to do my 90 day reporting with a smile this time, yes there is a new form at the other office place you must do,
There is now new custom upgrade by the way this new 90 day reporting form plus the old form, so there is 2 customs forms now, but at the new department in the shopping centre the form they gave me was not the same form that the official gave me at Air Port customs.
This form I did not have to send it to my landlord in Bangkok and wait for him to send it back to Chiang Mai, the second new upgrade form is simple easy, you can do it very quickly, but it looks like it's only going to get tougher and soon you will have to take along a passport photo of yourself every 90 days also.

Incredible. Something so easy turns into drama like this.

First of all, customs has nothing to do with Immigration! Second, drop it in the post - spare the drama. Although it's only 2-3 paragraphs, I couldn't make it to the end...too painful.

Archived