90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Now that was surreal....

Been at the Airprt immigration today after my 90 days mail-in did not return in time. Due date today.

The place is halfway renovated with a complete new window front and the outside sitting area closed off and part of the airconned office now.

A new table exclusively for 90 days. Handful of trainee girls and Mr. Amnat, handsome guy with glasses and black colored hair :).

Two american guys before me, who got their 90 days slip printed on the spot. He then asked for my passport, not interested in anything about the mail, checked in the computer and said "online" with what he probably meant it's in their computer system (Online aka Internet reporting does not work for me). It was entered IIRC at 13 Jan and next appointment is on 11 April. No (!) slip printed, I asked two times to get one and he just said "online". And that I have to come back there (!) in April, not Promenada. Overall time spent 15 mins.

So something is changeing, hopefully to the better.

Status quo now is I have done a 90 days report but I don't have a slip. If I don't receive it still from my Hang Dong postman, I can't mail it in next time. But I will probably fly out anyway in between, after which that online thingy should work. But perhaps I have to pay some small fee at the airport, as I don't have that slip. All very weird.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your experience is almost identical to that of a friend who just called me to inform me of what happened. Like you he posted it and his was received Jan 7th. Like you he was not given a new slip but was told to write in the new date on the copy of his old slip and keep it in the passport.

He was told that you can go to Airport or Promenada to report in person or you can post but have to collect in person. The reason for not sending back reports is they are understaffed because too many people are sending by post.

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Your experience is almost identical to that of a friend who just called me to inform me of what happened. Like you he posted it and his was received Jan 7th. Like you he was not given a new slip but was told to write in the new date on the copy of his old slip and keep it in the passport.

He was told that you can go to Airport or Promenada to report in person or you can post but have to collect in person. The reason for not sending back reports is they are understaffed because too many people are sending by post.

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Perhaps CMU could set up a course for imm students/trainees etc that details how to match slip with sae envelope and then post them?

Perhaps they scrap that idiotic system, or hire a programmer to make a new, working online version.

No kidding. A programmer with a modicum of knowledge could make an extremely efficient and easy online process. For example, by entering a number (perhaps your departure card number or passport number), a form would come up with all of your prior report's information on it. If no changes occurred (the only possible one would be your address), then you'd just hit the "No Changes and Print" button; or, if you changed addresses, you'd only have to fill in your new address and hit a "Submit and Print" button.

Now that would be easy (which, of course, probably means it'll never happen).

I guess the problem is no money and some self proclaimed officer turned "Internet Expert" or vice versa made that funky online garbage. Probably connecting to MS Access or a similar unusable backend. Perhaps Excel even, but hey, that would probably work :D

Now that was surreal....
Been at the Airprt immigration today after my 90 days mail-in did not return in time. Due date today.
The place is halfway renovated with a complete new window front and the outside sitting area closed off and part of the airconned office now.
A new table exclusively for 90 days. Handful of trainee girls and Mr. Amnat, handsome guy with glasses and black colored hair smile.png.
Two american guys before me, who got their 90 days slip printed on the spot. He then asked for my passport, not interested in anything about the mail, checked in the computer and said "online" with what he probably meant it's in their computer system (Online aka Internet reporting does not work for me). It was entered IIRC at 13 Jan and next appointment is on 11 April. No (!) slip printed, I asked two times to get one and he just said "online". And that I have to come back there (!) in April, not Promenada. Overall time spent 15 mins.
Status quo now is I have done a 90 days report but I don't have a slip. If I don't receive it still from my Hang Dong postman, I can't mail it in next time. But I will probably fly out anyway in between, after which that online thingy should work. But perhaps I have to pay some small fee at the airport, as I don't have that slip. All very weird.

I just also did the same for the same reason ( mail not returned) & spoke with the same man you described...

I spoke in Thai with him & his response was similar? to yours...But ...He told me not to worry & no need to print & just do it online next time is better.

(hence no need for the sheet) like you he told me my date & jotted it on a slip for me. Perhaps that is what he meant for you too?

Because the system now has you & your due time in it so the online submission will/should work for you next time too

Overall a pleasant experience & the new building looks pretty nice. Kind of an open floor plan not cramped feeling.

The student helpers are also very nice/helpful I thought

As a side note a student was processing mail ins & it appears they are still functional but for what ever reason many seem to have not got returned during

the holidays...

Now that was surreal....
A new table exclusively for 90 days. Handful of trainee girls and Mr. Amnat, handsome guy with glasses and black colored hair smile.png.

Well that was interesting to hear

I wonder how long it will be before the 90 day reporting will be used at the Old Airport Imm

Only time will tell

It s a pity that the head of Chiang Mai Immigration could not communicate with any of the Embassy or Consulates

To advise what is going on

It would make it easier for the Expat Community especially in Chiang Mai

I guess it will turn out the opposite way. They can't handle this at Promenada, so the last weeks they played games and sent people around. Now they renovated the office at the old immigration (still in process) and there is now again 90 days reporting available, although not officially yet. But I had 2 guys before me that just did that.

Now that was surreal....

Sounds hopeful. That would sure make the 90 day easy.

The one thing that has popped up occasionally is that if you leave the country the next 90 day you are asked to report in for then you can go back on the mail in. As with any thing involving immigration who knows for sure. Even if that is what they say now next week can be different.

I don't have that TM30 paper, that's why I want to get one before the next extension to avoid any hassle. This means have to go to immigration after re-entering the country anyway. For 90 days reporting it obviously does not matter. They have the data now in the computer and no more paperwork is done, at least so they say now. Does not mean you could do online reporting, it still failed, even though they hacked the details in their system. I still believe it is a problem with their frontend, as an error message "contact immigaratin bla bla" pops up immediately after submitting the form. I have tried at least 4 different computers with different OSes and different browsers.

Some people obviously like it the hard way or for social experience :). You can still mail in your 90 days to the old immigration at the airport as it was confirmed yesterday there. You just need to approach them in person on the due date to get the new date told as they don't send out return slips anymore.

Some people obviously like it the hard way or for social experience smile.png. You can still mail in your 90 days to the old immigration at the airport as it was confirmed yesterday there. You just need to approach them in person on the due date to get the new date told as they don't send out return slips anymore.

Yesterday the girl was in fact stuffing return slips into the self-addressed return envelopes folks send in ...So I would not say

they do not send out slips anymore

That quite a few went missing during New Years holidays I will agree & also happened to mine ;)

Thank God I have moved to Hua Him. Took me 50 mins to do 1 year visa & re-entry permit! & I didn't go to immigration until 1;30 pm! Yeah!

Thanks for the report

AS quite afew poepl in the forum post do not believe thing run smoothly at other Immigration Offices

At least you have used Chiang Mai Immigration

Yesterday the girl was in fact stuffing return slips into the self-addressed return envelopes folks send in ...So I would not say

Well, that was the official statement of the immigration official in charge that day; in a long list of contradictory statements over the last months. Mail in, no mail in, Promenada, now again Airport office, slips, no slips...

I'd not bet a small Chang on it that this would not change again from Monday to Wednesday and the complete opposite till Friday in any given week smile.png.

Well, that was the official statement of the immigration official in charge that day; in a long list of contradictory statements over the last months. Mail in, no mail in, Promenada, now again Airport office, slips, no slips...

I'd not bet a small Chang on it that this would not change again from Monday to Wednesday and the complete opposite till Friday in any given week smile.png.

Welcome to Thai Visa the home of controversial opinions stated as rock solid facts.clap2.gif

Told mail reporting not accepted until further notice.

What I said, that was from Monday to Wednesday. Let's see what they tell Friday smile.png.

Same here with the online thing, you can't print as you don't have a reference number. And online reporting itself never worked.

Just a thought here.

There has been no problem with the officer printing out and providing slips for some, including myself, in the past.

It is probable that the officer thinks that we can access the same facility/url for printing slips that he can and the chances are highly likely the "online reporting" operates on a different url and he simply does not know this?

Mailed in 90 day report. Didn't receive return slip. Read that if it's the 1st 90 day report after re-entering the country, you need to go in person - so hired an agency for 300 baht and the report was done the same day. 2 days later I received the return slip in the mail from my first try at mail in. Can't win :)

Thank God I have moved to Hua Him. Took me 50 mins to do 1 year visa & re-entry permit! & I didn't go to immigration until 1;30 pm! Yeah!

Thanks for the report

AS quite afew poepl in the forum post do not believe thing run smoothly at other Immigration Offices

At least you have used Chiang Mai Immigration

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/888180-annual-extension-for-retirement-at-chaeng-wattana-no-surprises/

Archived