90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Tried the online 90 day verification but it asks for a reference number that obviously I don`t have and when sending my details received a message, data not verified.

In the check status you have a tab to use the reference number and one to enter you passport number. Did you try the passport number option? Or was that the 2nd part of your statement?

When I opened up the page it first displays the ref number part with a red *. Have no reference number and clicked the passport information tab. I could not see any options for bypassing the ref number part.

Tried filling in and sending the information only on the passport information part and received the data not verified message.

I first tried using the up to date Internet Explorer browser as recommended then moved on to other browsers, makes no difference.

post-246045-0-20829100-1453632252_thumb.

post-246045-0-06419400-1453632266_thumb.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation so far:

Online one year extension appointment system: Terminated.
Online 90 day reporting: Only works for a lucky few.
Mail in 90 day reporting system: Seems to be discontinued.
Immigration visit in person for retirement extension or 90 day reporting: Could involve many hours of waiting in discomfort or not able to get a slot at all.
Agency visit in person for retirement extension or 90 day reporting: So far so good.

Continued option of agency facility for retirement extension or 90 day reporting: Not guaranteed.

Updates given by immigration regarding situation: Nil.

Thinking about settling in Chiang Mai? I would place on hold if I had my chance again.

Well immigration can be a pain. But it is only once a year for the extension and every 90 days for the 90 day. Really not a deal breaker to me.

That being said I did hear the British council talk at the business meeting of the CEC. He did not make it sound good if depending on immigration to upgrade it soon. He did say that several of the conciliates had talked to them here in Chiang Mai and Some Embassies in Bangkok. They had some ideas of out side money to help out such as Promenada has talked about donating 200,000 baht. Of course they would be doing it for advertisement purposes. He did not say a lot. Another suggestion was to restore the online appointments. They suggested strongly that it would be best if an out side source was used to set up the program.

I talked to him briefly after the meeting and as I knew he confirmed Bangkok makes up the Budget. What I didn't know was that some of the staff have acrtually dug into their own pockets for supplies. I asked about the online if it would be a reasonable one or the same nonsense as before. He said it would be a reasonable one and have 30 openings. Of course this was all just stuff they had been discussing. I did not get into the whys and who did or didn't do or say that just a short talk. We both agreed a lot of the problem is Chiang Mai is such a wonderful place to live that people just keep on coming here. Immigration has not upgraded to match the growth.

Well immigration can be a pain. But it is only once a year for the extension and every 90 days for the 90 day. Really not a deal breaker to me.

That being said I did hear the British council talk at the business meeting of the CEC. He did not make it sound good if depending on immigration to upgrade it soon. He did say that several of the conciliates had talked to them here in Chiang Mai and Some Embassies in Bangkok. They had some ideas of out side money to help out such as Promenada has talked about donating 200,000 baht. Of course they would be doing it for advertisement purposes. He did not say a lot. Another suggestion was to restore the online appointments. They suggested strongly that it would be best if an out side source was used to set up the program.

I talked to him briefly after the meeting and as I knew he confirmed Bangkok makes up the Budget. What I didn't know was that some of the staff have acrtually dug into their own pockets for supplies. I asked about the online if it would be a reasonable one or the same nonsense as before. He said it would be a reasonable one and have 30 openings. Of course this was all just stuff they had been discussing. I did not get into the whys and who did or didn't do or say that just a short talk. We both agreed a lot of the problem is Chiang Mai is such a wonderful place to live that people just keep on coming here. Immigration has not upgraded to match the growth.

Good report and thanks for that.

We are required by law to report every 90 days. In return, Thai Immigration has the obligation to perform the necessary requirements to facilitate that compliance. Thai Immigration has promulgated on their websites 90-day reporting may be accomplished in-person, online and/or by mail. However, by severely limiting the number of people that may report in-person each day, and constraining usage of the online reporting due to deficient systems, and not processing mail-in reports to their full extent, Thai Immigration is willfully creating an environment that prevents lawful compliance by the foreign community.

For those of us that are mailing in our 90-day report & have proof of delivery to the Airport Immigration office, and which in return these officials are not mailing the TM47 next report-by date slips back to the applicant in the their pre-paid return envelopes, why would it be necessary to make a trip to the Airport Immigration office (or call) to find out verbally (since they're not providing these slips even when visiting their office) the next report-by date? I'd just use as the next report-by date 90 days from the date that my last mail-in application was received by Airport Immigration using my EMS proof-of-delivery; and then attempt to use the online system for the next 90-day report. Failing that, mail it in again or submit in-person; and if challenged as to the lack of a current report slip or the correctness of the current report-by date, respond that that date is what was verbally provided in a visit to the Airport Immigration office (or by telephone to the the Airport Immigration office) from the last submittal by mail.

Food for thought.......

Good report and thanks for that.

The person NorthernJohn is referring to is the Hon. British Consul Ben Svasti -- not the "British Council" He is the chairman of the group of foreign Honorary Consuls and Consul-Generals serving Chiang Mai, working with Chiang Mai Immigration on a project to improve operations in the local office. This group is also interfaces with other Thai gov't agencies about other issues, like the burning season.

In his speech, Consul Ben thanked the members of CEC for providing feedback about conditions CM Immigration to their consulates. And he thanked CEC for the detailed survey done in September about the on-line appointment queue. This feedback to the Consulates and Embassies helped to mobilize the consular corp into action. This was the primary purpose of his appearing at CEC -- to let them know that the Consuls are listening, appreciate their feedback and asking for patience while work is in progress.

The project Consul Ben shared with the CEC members is a work-in-progress and he stressed that they will return, hopefully in April, with the first phase ready for beta-testing. This would be an on-line reservation queue for retirement extensions at Promenada, funded by Promenada Mall. Since there are no funds available from Bangkok, the private sector, i.e. Promenada is providing funds for development of this reservation system.

As NorthernJohn said, the time that Consul Ben had to speak was very limited and he is not in a position to answer questions on behalf of Immigration. Thus, he couldn't address what's happening with 90 day reporting right now.

So after the mall and other 'interested parties' make their financial contributions to help a government office provide a government function can we expect Immigration to stop charging the 500 baht for 'free' Residence Certificates. I guess that would be no.

Unbelievably bizarre setup!!! Just hard to believe it's so out of step with the rest of Thailand and certainly the Immigration Offices I've used in the past. The reasons and proposed, privately sponsored, solutions are even more surreal. Almost like it's run as a franchise outlet. Maybe an approach could be made to Starbucks or a 7/11 owner to take it over.

................ I did not get into the whys and who did or didn't do or say that just a short talk. We both agreed a lot of the problem is Chiang Mai is such a wonderful place to live that people just keep on coming here. Immigration has not upgraded to match the growth.

Ah, because Chiang Mai is so wonderful. And here I was suspecting corruption! Credit immigration for getting very efficient when one pays 300 baht for the

free 90 day extension or 500 baht for a free residency certificate.

About 18 months ago Immigration officers did attend a Chiang Mai Expats club Meeting

One of the officers had just done a thesis for his University Study.

It was to use a swipe card at 711

If we originally paid a fee for this card

It would save immigration a lot of work and maybe they will be able to be able to do more Visas in other earea

It seems to me that all this is too hard for the powers in Bangkok to see the full picture

To be up with more modern techniques

Even Malaysia has the new Electronic systems to check your passport

How many years before this will happen in Thailand

I just don't get this seeking outside funding for setting up so relatively simple as an online appointments system.

Not difficult to do and should not be expensive to the extent that basic systems are free and additional tweaks to provide every which way a few thousand baht?

This morning my girlfriend`s niece phoned immigration to try and confirm whether my 90 day mail in has been recorded because I have not received a new 90 day date receipt. She was told that my 90 day has been recorded into the system. Then my niece asked for a reference number so I can try to find a receipt online and print out a copy. She was told no more reference numbers because the online 90 day system has been discontinued and so has the mail in option. The officer said I could visit immigration and they would issue me a receipt but would not give her name.

I can only go by what we were told by a nameless officer and not able to clarify this is correct or not. Other people may have been told differently.

I just don't get this seeking outside funding for setting up so relatively simple as an online appointments system.

Not difficult to do and should not be expensive to the extent that basic systems are free and additional tweaks to provide every which way a few thousand baht?

"

I don't buy into this excuse of no funding.1900 baht per annum for a retirement visa extension,1,000-3,000 for re entry visas,500 baht for a residence letterwhich is "free" in every other Imm office in the Kingdom and of course the "fast track" office next door where for a mere 300 baht they will get your 90 day report done in under 10 minutes max.

Anyone like to estimate the daily turnover ?

Meanwhile down at the very efficient Motor Licencing Office at Hang Dong,with triple the staff, you can get a 5 year car driving licence for 500 baht and notneed to pay any "extras." Both Government Offices.Immigration is a cash cow and the "service" is rapidly diminishing.

.Immigration is a cash cow and the "service" is rapidly diminishing.

what.s new????laugh.png

10 degrees at noon that,s new out in beverly hills, maerim:)

It is somewhat new, as since the move to prom. everything has gotten worse, previously the cash cow was milked primarily by the govt. now "others" are pulling at the farang teet.

This morning my girlfriend`s niece phoned immigration to try and confirm whether my 90 day mail in has been recorded because I have not received a new 90 day date receipt. She was told that my 90 day has been recorded into the system. Then my niece asked for a reference number so I can try to find a receipt online and print out a copy. She was told no more reference numbers because the online 90 day system has been discontinued and so has the mail in option. The officer said I could visit immigration and they would issue me a receipt but would not give her name.

I can only go by what we were told by a nameless officer and not able to clarify this is correct or not. Other people may have been told differently.

My wife's aunt's cousin called CM Immigration for me at 11am this moring and asked about my TM 28 report which was done with my 90 day report by her son yesterday. The problem was that the documents were incomplete and they would not issue a receipt for either report so he will go back this afternoon to straighten things our, he was there in person yesterday and will go again today if his mom's sister's Toyota starts.

So you are absolutely right, what we can count on is that it will not be the same next time, so, we will not be bored.

Sorry you guys in Chiang Mai are having all these problems. I did mine a few days ago in Jomtien, and I didn't need to sit down. Handed in my passport and got it back about 3 minutes later. Amazing Thailand!

Good to hear that - and naturally we wish that CM Immi was like Jomtien - efficient, quick and polite service (I remember it well).

You're lucky. biggrin.png

For us that live well outside of CM, we have to use a WHOLE DAY for Immi, just for the smallest of services - and maybe even then, we have to return the next day.......sad.png

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and it is 125 km each for a visit to Immigration at Nakhon Sawan which is better than 2009 when I had to go to Mae Sot about 150 km each way. Khampaeng Phet has no Immigration office at all.

I treat a trip to Immigration as a day out and enjoy it, probably because Nakhon Sawan is such a good office where most of the staff speak English, are farang friendly and actually know what they are doing.

Just arrived back from Chiang Mai immigration old office to enquire about mine and my wifes 90 slips following a postal notification 12 days ago sent EMS and tracked as being received on the 14 Jan.Upon arrival went to the enquiry desk, with my tracking info, was then asked for our passports,and sent to a desk in the waiting area.Both passports were put through the reader and slips printed.

Hope you all have not fallen asleep just yet am saving the most exciting bit for last.

Was told no more 90 day reports by post.

Now for the deal breaker you can do 90 day reports at both THE OLD OFFICE AND PROMENADA told to me by the officer who was manning on what is apparently the new 90 day report desk at the old office.

Might all change tomorrow.

Well, it's there for a week now, the desk. Pretty much an institution already 8-).

Nice that they had money for renovating the old office. More walls to hang advertisements. Also good for Promenada, that mall really needed some more people spending a full day there. Don't blame the small fish like G4T, they just swim along.

Just arrived back from Chiang Mai immigration old office to enquire about mine and my wifes 90 slips following a postal notification 12 days ago sent EMS and tracked as being received on the 14 Jan.Upon arrival went to the enquiry desk, with my tracking info, was then asked for our passports,and sent to a desk in the waiting area.Both passports were put through the reader and slips printed.

Hope you all have not fallen asleep just yet am saving the most exciting bit for last.

Was told no more 90 day reports by post.

Now for the deal breaker you can do 90 day reports at both THE OLD OFFICE AND PROMENADA told to me by the officer who was manning on what is apparently the new 90 day report desk at the old office.

Where is G4T's airport immigration branch office? Should be room now they have extended and are offering 90 day reporting again, maybe. 1507625.GIF

This morning I submitted my 90-day report via the link provided by Tywais.

I mostly use Google Chrome but [as that throws up a 'your connection is not private' response' switched to the IE alternative available at the far right of the url bar.

Followed 'the bouncing ball' and making sure to get every answer correct in every last detail: You do need to focus and pay attention to detail as the slightest variance will cause problems.

Submitted just after 11am and approved within two hours; they even sent an email to let me know it had been approved.

Online reporting works, but only if your input is 100% correct and relates to your record in the Immigration central file.

This morning I submitted my 90-day report via the link provided by Tywais.

I mostly use Google Chrome but [as that throws up a 'your connection is not private' response' switched to the IE alternative available at the far right of the url bar.

Followed 'the bouncing ball' and making sure to get every answer correct in every last detail: You do need to focus and pay attention to detail as the slightest variance will cause problems.

Submitted just after 11am and approved within two hours; they even sent an email to let me know it had been approved.

Online reporting works, but only if your input is 100% correct and relates to your record in the Immigration central file.

My paperwork is always in perfect order and never been successful with the online 90 day reporting since it began. Used the latest Internet Explorer browser and others but still no go. I have a friend in town and it always works for him.

What you are saying is all the problems are caused by people`s paperwork not being correct or they must be doing something wrong. Not true, it simply works for some and not for others.

Hubby and I took a little overseas holiday and returned 75 days ago, so it's time for another 90 day report. Those who know me, realize I'd welcome the excuse for an authorized visit to interact with Chiang Mai Imm, but I thought I'd check out on-line reporting.

In the past, I've never been able to do it for myself, but I've always been able to input on-line reports for Hubby -- for reasons we never could determine. Note, that previously we'd had separate overseas holidays. I'd heard, too, that the first 90 day report once you return to Thailand HAS to be done in person -- no mail-in or on-line reporting.

So, yesterday I sat down at our dowager computer -- the 10-year old HP with the lighting fast graphics card that reluctantly agreed to run Explorer older version whatever (she's a Google Chrome lady) and next thing I knew, I was working my way thru the Imm. website,quickly, with everything being accepted, following the instructions Tywais has meticulously laid out in this post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Admittedly, it wasn't as easy to use as Amazon.com, but I marched thru the pages quickly and soon was able to print out a page that showed each 90 day report as "pending".

Today returned to the website and found the 90 day reports had been approved and was able to print out what they called an "appointment slip" which looked much like the slip they usually put in your passport when you report in person,

I know I should be happy On-line reporting worked just great for Hubby and me. But, shucks, I was so looking forward to an excuse to visit Imm. Prom. again.

Hubby and I took a little overseas holiday and returned 75 days ago, so it's time for another 90 day report. Those who know me, realize I'd welcome the excuse for an authorized visit to interact with Chiang Mai Imm, but I thought I'd check out on-line reporting.

In the past, I've never been able to do it for myself, but I've always been able to input on-line reports for Hubby -- for reasons we never could determine. Note, that previously we'd had separate overseas holidays. I'd heard, too, that the first 90 day report once you return to Thailand HAS to be done in person -- no mail-in or on-line reporting.

So, yesterday I sat down at our dowager computer -- the 10-year old HP with the lighting fast graphics card that reluctantly agreed to run Explorer older version whatever (she's a Google Chrome lady) and next thing I knew, I was working my way thru the Imm. website,quickly, with everything being accepted, following the instructions Tywais has meticulously laid out in this post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Admittedly, it wasn't as easy to use as Amazon.com, but I marched thru the pages quickly and soon was able to print out a page that showed each 90 day report as "pending".

Today returned to the website and found the 90 day reports had been approved and was able to print out what they called an "appointment slip" which looked much like the slip they usually put in your passport when you report in person,

I know I should be happy On-line reporting worked just great for Hubby and me. But, shucks, I was so looking forward to an excuse to visit Imm. Prom. again.

Seems that the the online 90 day report works for people that have been out the country and returned recently but not for those that haven`t left Thailand for a long periods.

Seems that the the online 90 day report works for people that have been out the country and returned recently but not for those that haven`t left Thailand for a long periods.

I'm not so sure that being able to complete the 90 day report online is predicated on having left Thailand after a long period and then recently returned.

Last year I was able to complete the one & only time I tried to do the online report and I had not left in 3 years prior.

As you may recall from my earlier posting to the online reporting thread I left Thailand last October and re-entered after 5 days with a new passport. I was unable to complete a 90 day report so I mailed it in. I will post separately on that experience....

I too went to the AP IMM office yesterday morning to follow up my mail in report. I had mailed it in via EMS on the 15th of Jan & it was received by IMM 18th Jan.

I went to the desk on the side of the waiting area, gave my passport, and my next report date slip was provided- all within 5 minutes of arrival. My wife talked to the IO and at no time did he state that mail-in's were no longer permitted.

I too went to the AP IMM office yesterday morning to follow up my mail in report. I had mailed it in via EMS on the 15th of Jan & it was received by IMM 18th Jan.

I went to the desk on the side of the waiting area, gave my passport, and my next report date slip was provided- all within 5 minutes of arrival. My wife talked to the IO and at no time did he state that mail-in's were no longer permitted.

Seems I will have to visit immigration and try my luck for a receipt.

Next time it`s going to be an agency for me for all my immigration business even if it goes against the grain. Otherwise this is too stressful. I was warned by some posters to do that beforehand but I didn`t listen.

Sorry you guys in Chiang Mai are having all these problems. I did mine a few days ago in Jomtien, and I didn't need to sit down. Handed in my passport and got it back about 3 minutes later. Amazing Thailand!

Good to hear that - and naturally we wish that CM Immi was like Jomtien - efficient, quick and polite service (I remember it well).

You're lucky. biggrin.png

For us that live well outside of CM, we have to use a WHOLE DAY for Immi, just for the smallest of services - and maybe even then, we have to return the next day.......sad.png

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and it is 125 km each for a visit to Immigration at Nakhon Sawan which is better than 2009 when I had to go to Mae Sot about 150 km each way. Khampaeng Phet has no Immigration office at all.

I treat a trip to Immigration as a day out and enjoy it, probably because Nakhon Sawan is such a good office where most of the staff speak English, are farang friendly and actually know what they are doing.

Heh! Good for you! I, too, would probably make it a "day out" - if I was sure that I wouldn't have to wait at Immi for up to several hours or even all day - and perhaps even having to make a new "day out" the following day.

I presume that your Immi Office has sufficient staff to handle their customers - and that you're not forced to stand in long queues or to wait for enormously long periods - or have no choice other than to "pay for services" at nearby agents..

Again, good for you - and it's always great to hear that OTHER Immi Offices can do their work without any customer complaints. smile.png

Unfortunately, that's far from the case in CM and sorry, I definitely DON'T enjoy visiting our Immi.

Cheers biggrin.png

Archived