90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to send it in if you report by mail. Airport immigration also collects it. If you don't have it you may be fined up to 4000B.

We all know it's a stupid system. They know it too.

False.

Why is this false? Did you ever fly out of the country? :)

You need to send it in if you report by mail. Airport immigration also collects it. If you don't have it you may be fined up to 4000B.

We all know it's a stupid system. They know it too.

False.

Why is this false? Did you ever fly out of the country? smile.png

I've flown in and out of Thailand on 20+ occasions. Have never been asked for the 90 day report slip when clearing Immigration at the airport.

And it's a 2000 thb fine for not reporting.....not 4000 thb.

Sorry, I was wrong, it's actually 5000B.

Airport immigration was always happy to take my slip. But that was mostly in BKK. CNX only once. But they perhaps just took it because it was there. If not, who knows...

Airport immigration was always happy to take my slip. But that was mostly in BKK. CNX only once. But they perhaps just took it because it was there. If not, who knows...

From the main immigration website.

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Wrong again. It's 2000 thb. From the Thai Immigration website:

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected."

If you get arrested and they find you haven't reported, it's 4000 thb. Same reference.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The people that have been following my posts will know that I mailed in my 90 day report and have not received an updated receipt in return. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks decided to visit the old immigration office and try my luck for a receipt.

Walked in there at 1.20 pm. Went up to the desk and explained to a smiling lady my situation. She seemed very sympathetic and I handed over my paperwork and passport. Then she handed it over to another lady, then the second lady handed it over to a third lady and told me to follow her and she lead me to 2 girls sitting next to the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM! Then in trepidation my heart began pounding. The 2 girls took my passport and paperwork while interrupting an old American they were serving. The old man who looked like the grim reaper was going to claim him at anytime soon gave me dagger looks. After checking my paperwork and passport again the 2 girls handed over my paperwork to the officer with glasses. He was very busy heaps of passports and paperwork being thrown at him from left, right and centre. Then he threw my passport and paperwork onto a table behind him and ignored it. Then after 5 minutes another girl came on to the scene that I noticed was very beautiful, a stunner in fact that made my heart pound even faster, and she grabbed my paperwork. She then proceeded to put my passport through some sort of scanner checking my paperwork a dozen times over, while checking my passport photo and eyeing me up with suspicion at the same time. While all this was going on I watched carefully what was happening with the old American man being a few inches behind him. He had also mailed in his 90 day report but had no clue how to fill in his paperwork. He kept rehanding over his paperwork to the girls and still could not get it right. The officer was becoming brassed off with him and I thought please don’t wind the officer up until I have my receipt. Then it dawned on me that it’s people like him that are throwing spanners into the works of the system and maybe why the 90 day mail in has been discontinued, selfish pigs that should use an agency instead of gumming up the works. In my mind out of anger I was thinking, hope he dies soon. Don’t really mean that, just how I felt at the time.

Then the beautiful young lady gave the officer an approving nod. Then another lady approached me and looked at my paperwork. She asked me to sign all my photocopied passport pages. I signed the photocopies and she handed me back my paperwork, so why she asked me to sign them I have no idea. Then the officer with a disgruntled look on his face said I should not have mailed in my 90 day report. I responded with words something like, forgive me my lord for I have sinned. Then he issued an up to date receipt and stapled it into my passport. The whole process took 20 minutes.

ZAPPO, FINISHED – MAIL IN 90 DAY REPORTING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

1. 90 day mail in HAS NOT been discontinued- there has been, to the best of my knowledge, any official announcement; only various conflicting posts from individual experiences.

2. Signing the copies of passport pages, etc has always been the process- whether 90 days, extensions of stay, etc.

3. As I posted earlier this week, I went to the AP IMM office to followup my mail in paperwork- I had to only provide my passport; it was scanned; then the slip was signed by the IO- he was friendly & polite and I was in and out in 5 minutes. He did not say that mail-ins were no longer allowed....

I was told by the official wearing glasses that 90 days mail ins are discontinued and I believe him.

Who was the same official my wife & I talked to...time will tell........

My slip says 5000 max fine.

Yes, that my one says too smile.png

Same. From my slip generated yesterday: "3. การแจ้งที่พักอาศัยเกินกําหนดต้องระวังโทษปรับไม่เกิน 5,000 บาท

THE FINE OF OVERDUE NOTIFICATION IS NOT EXCEEDING 5,000 BATH"

Just got clarification from Ubonjoe and the specific law. Also the online registration page shows the 5000B max +200/day. Appears the main immigration site isn't keeping up to date.

Form immigration act. Section 37 covers 90 day reports and address reporting for being in another province for more than 48 hours and etc,.

"Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

From the online:

post-566-0-26748700-1454137375_thumb.jpg

So if you entered the country and never did a single 90-day report (for a year), that would mean you would/could be fined:

5,000 baht (non-reporting fine)

+

200 baht x 364 days = 72,800 baht (daily fine)

Grand total: 77,800 baht.

Can that be right?

So if you entered the country and never did a single 90-day report (for a year), that would mean you would/could be fined:

+

Can that be right?

I think there is a maximum fine of 20,000 Baht.

I do recall several posters claiming they never filed a 90 day just paid a 2,000 baht fine when the extended.

Mind you it was on Thai Visa and we all know some people stretch the reality a little bit.

+

Can that be right?

No, that 20k fine is max for overstaying your permission to stay.

The overstay is another topic, not sure how the 20k still apply after they enforce the new rules.

Paid 2000B once, after they told me the extension of stay does not count as 90 days (the first one actually does), I believe almost everybody runs in this trap.

+

Can that be right?

No, that 20k fine is max for overstaying your permission to stay.

Its amazing how so many people have different interpretations of Rules

Can be confusing for many of us

nj just likes to post for the sake of posting,regardless of authenticity of the subject.

And what is a clear definition of authenticity of the subject? People are only going by what they are told or is written and a lot of that is not always updated. What exactly can be considered as the facts and who can we rely on for valid information? This is why I will be using an agency from now on, where I can go in and say, I`m here, what do I need? How much? wham bam thank you mame, go home and get on with my life. Otherwise does anyone have any better ideas?

The visa sub-forum is an excellent resource with some very knowledgeable posters, led by the visa guru himself, ubonjoe. You'll get better information there than just about anywhere else.

I did my 90-day reporting by mail, as I always do. Sent by EMS on 1/21, received by Imm on 1/22. So it took a little longer to get the receipt back - usually 3/4 days - but I did get it. Was just about to make a (long) trip to Promenada. clap2.gif

Why is ubonjoe an authority? Has he posted here yet?

Aren't the regulations in the public domain for everyone to scrutinize?

Ubon Joe is an authority on all immigration matters and has helped 100's if not 1,000's of newby expats and those who are confused by rules/interpretations that sometimes are contradictory.

.He mainly posts on the main Thai Visa page,he could hardly be expected to post on every province forum could he ?

We are indeed fortunate that he devotes so much time to helping those in need,long may he continue to do so.

When reading ThaiVisa, it is always important to consider the poster.

Ubonjoe knows his immigration stuff, as does our tywais.

Sheryl knows her stuff on medicine, but for local knowledge on docs and hospitals, Nancy is well informed.

If you want to read some utter drivel, anyone on my ignore list is a guarantee.

And back to 90 days, there is probably some reason behind the different stories on mail ins being continued/discontinued. My guess is that retirees are not being dealt with at the old immigration and that includes mail in reports. But it could be wrongly filled in paperwork, location of residence in or out of the city, completion of TM30, or your surname starts with the right/wrong letter.

Does it really matter? And, as someone else suggested, why not just pop over to the visa sub-forum to observe for yourself?

ubonjoe is one of the moderators of the visa sub-forum. He obviously has been doing it for quite some time and takes the time to (correctly) respond to every single question posed on that sub-forum nearly every single day. 99.99% of the time his answers are factually correct.

His status as the mod of that forum, his frequency of responses, his accuracy in responding, and his obvious breadth and depth of knowledge in Thai Immigration matters lead to him being regarded as an authority by members of this forum that pay attention to Immigration issues and want to learn more (aside from you, apparently.)

I personally don't really care why he knows as much as he does about Thai Immigration - if you simply must know, you could always send him a PM.

Several off topic posts removed. I left TheAppletons's up as it is accurate. I read the Visa forum nearly daily taking special attention to Ubonjoe's answers as I use the information I garner there to support the CM members regarding immigration matters. He studies and applies the rules and regulations in his posts on TV as they are written not as someone said or rumored and keeps track of the very latest changes.

So we can put this out of the way and continue on topic.

Mailed out my 90-day report on Wednesday morning (Jan 27)

Received my new 90-day slip on Saturday (Jan 30). For the first time, it also concluded a blank TM47 form for my next report and a reminder of what documents to include (the usual). What more could you ask for?!

Mailed out my 90-day report on Wednesday morning (Jan 27)

Received my new 90-day slip on Saturday (Jan 30). For the first time, it also concluded a blank TM47 form for my next report and a reminder of what documents to include (the usual). What more could you ask for?!

That is indeed a significant step in the right direction: hopefully the next step would be to post this information to those who believe it is necessary to attend at Promenada when the crow is still deep asleep.

Archived