90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

The people that have been following my posts will know that I mailed in my 90 day report and have not received an updated receipt in return. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks decided to visit the old immigration office and try my luck for a receipt.

Walked in there at 1.20 pm. Went up to the desk and explained to a smiling lady my situation. She seemed very sympathetic and I handed over my paperwork and passport. Then she handed it over to another lady, then the second lady handed it over to a third lady and told me to follow her and she lead me to 2 girls sitting next to the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM! Then in trepidation my heart began pounding. The 2 girls took my passport and paperwork while interrupting an old American they were serving. The old man who looked like the grim reaper was going to claim him at anytime soon gave me dagger looks. After checking my paperwork and passport again the 2 girls handed over my paperwork to the officer with glasses. He was very busy heaps of passports and paperwork being thrown at him from left, right and centre. Then he threw my passport and paperwork onto a table behind him and ignored it. Then after 5 minutes another girl came on to the scene that I noticed was very beautiful, a stunner in fact that made my heart pound even faster, and she grabbed my paperwork. She then proceeded to put my passport through some sort of scanner checking my paperwork a dozen times over, while checking my passport photo and eyeing me up with suspicion at the same time. While all this was going on I watched carefully what was happening with the old American man being a few inches behind him. He had also mailed in his 90 day report but had no clue how to fill in his paperwork. He kept rehanding over his paperwork to the girls and still could not get it right. The officer was becoming brassed off with him and I thought please don’t wind the officer up until I have my receipt. Then it dawned on me that it’s people like him that are throwing spanners into the works of the system and maybe why the 90 day mail in has been discontinued, selfish pigs that should use an agency instead of gumming up the works. In my mind out of anger I was thinking, hope he dies soon. Don’t really mean that, just how I felt at the time.

Then the beautiful young lady gave the officer an approving nod. Then another lady approached me and looked at my paperwork. She asked me to sign all my photocopied passport pages. I signed the photocopies and she handed me back my paperwork, so why she asked me to sign them I have no idea. Then the officer with a disgruntled look on his face said I should not have mailed in my 90 day report. I responded with words something like, forgive me my lord for I have sinned. Then he issued an up to date receipt and stapled it into my passport. The whole process took 20 minutes.

ZAPPO, FINISHED – MAIL IN 90 DAY REPORTING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

1. 90 day mail in HAS NOT been discontinued- there has been, to the best of my knowledge, any official announcement; only various conflicting posts from individual experiences.

2. Signing the copies of passport pages, etc has always been the process- whether 90 days, extensions of stay, etc.

3. As I posted earlier this week, I went to the AP IMM office to followup my mail in paperwork- I had to only provide my passport; it was scanned; then the slip was signed by the IO- he was friendly & polite and I was in and out in 5 minutes. He did not say that mail-ins were no longer allowed....

I was told by the official wearing glasses that 90 days mail ins are discontinued and I believe him.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told by the official wearing glasses that 90 days mail ins are discontinued and I believe him.

Posted my 90 day report in last Thursday,

I must have imagined they mailed me my 90 day report back on Monday and received it on Tuesday then.

the cynic in me says they (Imm) are sewing confusion and misinfo to get more people to use agents for 90s ... less work load and ... other incentives I will leave to your imagination.... using myself as an example, online not work, mail in questionable, agent a sure thing...

has anyone done a walk in 90 at the AP imm. ??

Is the online 90-day reporting system sensitive to the version of IE used? Specifically, does anyone have first-hand experience within the past month or two of successfully reporting using IE, or an IE spoof, for version 8 or version 9?

I filed 90-day reports on-line for Hubby and me on Sunday using a genuine version of IE 9 on a machine loaded with the Visa operating system. I was surprised with just how nimbly I moved thru the website. When I input data it was accepted immediately. I used pull-down menus where ever possible and only input required info -- nothing extra.

Immediately was able to print out receipts show the status as pending and the next day (Monday) printed out receipts showing "Accepted" plus what they call an Appointment slip, which looks like the receipt you receive when you report in person.

I'm a believer now.

Visa operating system?

Is the online 90-day reporting system sensitive to the version of IE used? Specifically, does anyone have first-hand experience within the past month or two of successfully reporting using IE, or an IE spoof, for version 8 or version 9?

I filed 90-day reports on-line for Hubby and me on Sunday using a genuine version of IE 9 on a machine loaded with the Visa operating system. I was surprised with just how nimbly I moved thru the website. When I input data it was accepted immediately. I used pull-down menus where ever possible and only input required info -- nothing extra.

Immediately was able to print out receipts show the status as pending and the next day (Monday) printed out receipts showing "Accepted" plus what they call an Appointment slip, which looks like the receipt you receive when you report in person.

I'm a believer now.

Visa operating system?

Probably Windows Vista.

Well, it appears I have just done this for the first time. Firefox 43.0.4 on a Mac OSX 10.11.3 - El Capitan. Browser ad blocker disabled. I used this link to start: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I did get to the final window which gave me the Transaction Reference Number (TRN).

I entered Thailand in November so this is the first 90 day report since entering.

I was unable to do this last night due to browser "flashing." This AM the internet is faster which I believe minimizes this problem. Ad Blocker happened to be disabled this AM which may have helped. It was not disabled last night.

I went back into the system to check the status using the TRN and, like Nancy, was able to print out receipt with status listed as pending.

EDIT: WOW! Just got the approval notification via email at 824 AM. Was able to go back into the system and print out "next appointment" which is actually the paper you put in your passport notifying you of when your next report is due.

I, too, am now a believer.

This is a game changer for me.

Posted my 90 day report in last Thursday,

I must have imagined they mailed me my 90 day report back on Monday and received it on Tuesday then.

Almost next day return, amazing.

I`m still going with what the officer told me.

The people that have been following my posts will know that I mailed in my 90 day report and have not received an updated receipt in return. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks decided to visit the old immigration office and try my luck for a receipt.

Walked in there at 1.20 pm. Went up to the desk and explained to a smiling lady my situation. She seemed very sympathetic and I handed over my paperwork and passport. Then she handed it over to another lady, then the second lady handed it over to a third lady and told me to follow her and she lead me to 2 girls sitting next to the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM! Then in trepidation my heart began pounding. The 2 girls took my passport and paperwork while interrupting an old American they were serving. The old man who looked like the grim reaper was going to claim him at anytime soon gave me dagger looks. After checking my paperwork and passport again the 2 girls handed over my paperwork to the officer with glasses. He was very busy heaps of passports and paperwork being thrown at him from left, right and centre. Then he threw my passport and paperwork onto a table behind him and ignored it. Then after 5 minutes another girl came on to the scene that I noticed was very beautiful, a stunner in fact that made my heart pound even faster, and she grabbed my paperwork. She then proceeded to put my passport through some sort of scanner checking my paperwork a dozen times over, while checking my passport photo and eyeing me up with suspicion at the same time. While all this was going on I watched carefully what was happening with the old American man being a few inches behind him. He had also mailed in his 90 day report but had no clue how to fill in his paperwork. He kept rehanding over his paperwork to the girls and still could not get it right. The officer was becoming brassed off with him and I thought please don’t wind the officer up until I have my receipt. Then it dawned on me that it’s people like him that are throwing spanners into the works of the system and maybe why the 90 day mail in has been discontinued, selfish pigs that should use an agency instead of gumming up the works. In my mind out of anger I was thinking, hope he dies soon. Don’t really mean that, just how I felt at the time.

Then the beautiful young lady gave the officer an approving nod. Then another lady approached me and looked at my paperwork. She asked me to sign all my photocopied passport pages. I signed the photocopies and she handed me back my paperwork, so why she asked me to sign them I have no idea. Then the officer with a disgruntled look on his face said I should not have mailed in my 90 day report. I responded with words something like, forgive me my lord for I have sinned. Then he issued an up to date receipt and stapled it into my passport. The whole process took 20 minutes.

90 day mail in reporting has been discontinued for YOU because you failed to sign your passport copies. Come on, everyone knows you have to sign and date the pages every time you copy a page from your passport. Doesn't matter if it's for Immigration or for a transaction at the bank.

Really, you're no better than the old guy you wished would die. The one you said was throwing a spanner into the works.

I think they're just refusing to accept mail-in reports that aren't 100% correct and when the people show up, telling them "No more mail in report" (for YOU). Obviously others are continuing to have their mail-in reports accepted. They probably did everything correct.

Now, this is just a theory, mind you.

90 day mail in reporting has been discontinued for YOU because you failed to sign your passport copies. Come on, everyone knows you have to sign and date the pages every time you copy a page from your passport. Doesn't matter if it's for Immigration or for a transaction at the bank.

Really, you're no better than the old guy you wished would die. The one you said was throwing a spanner into the works.

I think they're just refusing to accept mail-in reports that aren't 100% correct and when the people show up, telling them "No more mail in report" (for YOU). Obviously others are continuing to have their mail-in reports accepted. They probably did everything correct.

Please read my post 169 My paperwork was 100% as it had been processed on the day it arrived.I was told by the officer no 90 day reports by post.

So figure that one out.

My testimony matches Cyberfarangs as to what was said.

Why don’t you try reading all my posts?

Each time I have mailed in my 90 day reports, I’ve always signed and dated each photocopied page and the TM 47 form. All done correctly. My previous two mail in 90 day reports got receipts back no problems. When the 90 day receipt was taking too long to arrive we phoned immigration and was told mailing in 90 day reports have been discontinued but I have been updated in their system. They refused to give me a reference number to check online and said if I want a receipt I can visit in person to collect one.

I waited a few more days just in case it arrived but no show, so I decided to visit immigration in person yesterday. Considering that my updated report is all ready in the system I thought they would only want to see my passport and then issue me a receipt, but just in case they wanted to see more I took copies of my passport, TM-JB card and filled in TM 47 form anyway. I did not sign the copies thinking I doubt that they would ask to see them again but that wasn’t the case and in fact was asked to sign the copies that took 10 seconds. The whole process as I’ve explained took 20 minutes and if that old man had not been messing about with his paperwork my process would have probably been much quicker.

The people that are ignorant of the immigration procedures or just try to escape paying agency fees turning up at immigration expecting the staff to do the filling in for them that is not their job to do I have no tolerance for and observing the reactions to that man yesterday, neither do the staff.

You seem to be the angel of mercy round here, the person that loves to get facts and help everyone, so why don`t you phone or visit immigration and ask them yourself?

...the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM!

i was there the other day. had a long chat with him in Thai and he is a very friendly, very funny guy. i'll take a guess you don't speak a word of Thai.

didn't have to sign any papers, or anything. he took a peek in the computer, found that my report was received and printed out another appointment memo for me. in and out in about 12 minutes. would have been out in 5 but the officer kept on telling me jokes...

90-day NOT discontinued. he probably told you that to get you to bugger off as you don't understand Thai.

...the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM!

i was there the other day. had a long chat with him in Thai and he is a very friendly, very funny guy. i'll take a guess you don't speak a word of Thai.

didn't have to sign any papers, or anything. he took a peek in the computer, found that my report was received and printed out another appointment memo for me. in and out in about 12 minutes. would have been out in 5 but the officer kept on telling me jokes...

90-day NOT discontinued. he probably told you that to get you to bugger off as you don't understand Thai.

I do speak Thai, went on an AUA course, can read and write some Thai too, better then you I expect. I also speak Italian and French fluently. Always had a knack for picking up languages, my whole family are gifted like that.

Anything else you wish to throw in? My appearance or the way I keep wiping the snot off my nose with my shirt sleeve?

Been again at the old immigration today, nothing better to do on a Friday morning smile.png.

Same desk, 1 person before me. 2 girls on the left to collect the passport, one girl in front of the computer to check and print out the slip and Mr. Amnat with the black colored hair playing on his phone. Slip printed, stamped, signed. In-out 5 mins.

The only difference today was the girl in front of the computer. Last week it was only Mr. Amnat who refused to print the slip, so the only explanation would be he did not know how to print it and in typical Thai fashion said "no slips".

Today no questions asked, no comments about mail-in given. I would say we are back to normal.

Been again at the old immigration today, nothing better to do on a Friday morning smile.png.

Same desk, 1 person before me. 2 girls on the left to collect the passport, one girl in front of the computer to check and print out the slip and Mr. Amnat with the black colored hair playing on his phone. Slip printed, stamped, signed. In-out 5 mins.

The only difference today was the girl in front of the computer. Last week it was only Mr. Amnat who refused to print the slip, so the only explanation would be he did not know how to print it and in typical Thai fashion said "no slips".

Today no questions asked, no comments about mail-in given. I would say we are back to normal.

I will ask again, did you learn if that is now a 90 day report desk at the old Imm. office? OR is that only done at prom. ??

There is a 90 days desk at the old immigration now too since beginning of this year. But I'm not sure if they handle normal 90 days reports in person or if they are only firefighting the mail-in disaster from the holidays.

I've sent it in by mail earlier, they check it in the computer and hand you the slip. If you do it online and are unable to get the receipt that would also be the point of contact. For reporting in person I tried last year at the old immi and was promptly sent to Promenada.

I mailed my 90-day address report in via the usual EMS on January 15th and a friend had mailed his in on December 30th. As neither of us received back a receipt/notice, we ventured out this morning (about 11AM) to the Immigration office by the airport. We approached the people sitting at the desk situated at the west end of the general sitting area, we indicated what we were there for, they took our passports only, and within 5-7 minutes they printed off the new notices (Receipts of Notification), stapled them in our passports, and gave them back to us. It was absolutely clear that both of our mail-in notices had been processed on their computer already. I'd also note that my EMS deal was mailed the 15th (which was a Friday) and my new notice date is April 16th - which reflects that, unless they're working on Saturday or Sunday, they're using the date of their receipt as the operative date.

I had a chat with the older Immigration dude out at that desk and:

(1) He clearly told me that I could report by mail the next time. I asked him twice and he said clearly the same thing both times. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him why they were not mailing the new notices (Receipt of Notification) back.

(2) He also clearly told me (again, asked twice) that anybody can do the 90-day address report in person at either their office or at the Promenada office.

[While slightly irrelevant, it was posted previously that one could go online and check the status of one's mailed-in 90-day report. Well, I tried that multiple times (including 2 minutes ago....just to see if something was entered) and the answer that has always popped up was "No Information" (written in Thai, of course). So I'm doubtful one can check the status of mail-ins that way (or at least I never could).]

Thanks, CMBob, so we almost met today, guess I was a bit faster :)

For me it will be mail-in again in April, then we fly out in May, after which I hope the online reporting will start to work. Crossing fingers.

Interesting report, CMBob, especially the part where you were told that 90 day reports can be done in person at either location.

I will test that on monday, maybe the policy will have changed by then or they will not have any more que numbers for that day.... or maybe I will be lucky.... i am so tired of those people.

I mailed my 90-day address report in via the usual EMS on January 15th and a friend had mailed his in on December 30th. As neither of us received back a receipt/notice, we ventured out this morning (about 11AM) to the Immigration office by the airport. We approached the people sitting at the desk situated at the west end of the general sitting area, we indicated what we were there for, they took our passports only, and within 5-7 minutes they printed off the new notices (Receipts of Notification), stapled them in our passports, and gave them back to us. It was absolutely clear that both of our mail-in notices had been processed on their computer already. I'd also note that my EMS deal was mailed the 15th (which was a Friday) and my new notice date is April 16th - which reflects that, unless they're working on Saturday or Sunday, they're using the date of their receipt as the operative date.

I had a chat with the older Immigration dude out at that desk and:

(1) He clearly told me that I could report by mail the next time. I asked him twice and he said clearly the same thing both times. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him why they were not mailing the new notices (Receipt of Notification) back.

(2) He also clearly told me (again, asked twice) that anybody can do the 90-day address report in person at either their office or at the Promenada office.

[While slightly irrelevant, it was posted previously that one could go online and check the status of one's mailed-in 90-day report. Well, I tried that multiple times (including 2 minutes ago....just to see if something was entered) and the answer that has always popped up was "No Information" (written in Thai, of course). So I'm doubtful one can check the status of mail-ins that way (or at least I never could).]

Amazing grace. A tangled web of confusion and different information. Each time we visit immigration the faces maybe the same, but we must be entering parallel Universes. This can be the only explanation.

Amazing grace. A tangled web of confusion and different information. Each time we visit immigration the faces maybe the same, but we must be entering parallel Universes. This can be the only explanation.

Don't try with logic. Does not work in this part of the world :D

Interesting report, CMBob, especially the part where you were told that 90 day reports can be done in person at either location.

I will test that on monday, maybe the policy will have changed by then or they will not have any more que numbers for that day.... or maybe I will be lucky.... i am so tired of those people.

I was there shortly before 11, there was only one Chinese guy before me and he was handed the slip just when I arrived. If they do in person they certainly have no queue numbers (yet).

Was there late this morning, happened to be close just needed some photocopies.

Popped in, hardly anyone waiting, 6 maybe 7 in total. Nobody on the 90 day desk, asked the 2 young interns by the main door if I could now do 90 days in person, they asked if I was on a "retirement" visa which was yes and they said I would have to go to promenada. ?

Was there late this morning, happened to be close just needed some photocopies.

Popped in, hardly anyone waiting, 6 maybe 7 in total. Nobody on the 90 day desk, asked the 2 young interns by the main door if I could now do 90 days in person, they asked if I was on a "retirement" visa which was yes and they said I would have to go to promenada. ?

they want their 300baht

Best practice as of now seems to be reporting online and if this does not work mail it in, then go to the old immigration office at the due date and collect your new date or slip, if the girl sits at the computer.

If you can report by mail, and then that information is entered into the system, why does one need a paper slip at all?

As I recall, the only thing the slip is actually for is to remind the passport holder what day and month they need to re-report next time. As far as my experiences in the past, it serves no other function.

I often take out the staple and fold it and put it in the back pocket of the passport holder I use. Immigration has never asked me to show it when I re-report.

You know, there is some Thai person out there who single handedly decided to implement this 90-day nonsense. There is one person who came up with this idea. He's out there somewhere. But now this concept, after years of use, apparently serves no other function than to be pure red tape. And the irony is that it's free. It doesn't even generate revenue.

"Why do you insist on us reporting every 90 days?"

"Because we have always done it that way."

Archived