Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

18 hours ago, evenstevens said:

arrived immgr dept to morning at 6am for my ret visa renewal as a d.i.y. and was out the door at 10.30.am  .excellent service was provided by the immgr officers and interns.  sure has come a long way since the old zoo days(airport)

:smile:

17 hours ago, elektrified said:

Can't comment on the 6:00 A.M. business as I've never been up at that hour in the 11 years I've lived here..........but I was there yesterday to see what happened to my 90-day return date as it had been almost 4 weeks since I sent it. I got there at 13:20 and was back at my car ready to leave by 13:26. Very few people there with the exception of the big room (counter No. 8).

Has anyone else been able to track their 90-day post recently? In about 9 months now, I can no longer track the return (new date to report). It always shows up at my house but is never scanned so no way to track it. Now, the last 2 times (6 months), even the outgoing report is not trackable anymore. Other than the first scan when our postman delivers it to the P.O. and it is "accepted", it no longer shows when it was delivered to Immigration.  That makes things a little difficult, not knowing if it got there or not??? I asked the nice lady in Room No. 1 what that was all about and she said something to the effect that "it only works sometimes" and "always keeps your P.O. receipt."

Been sending er indoors reports by registered post still tracking to "accept" at immigration. Just a 3 baht stamp on return envelopes so no tracking facility, 5 day turn around last time if I remember correctly.

Just checked, sent mail report for a disabled friend on Monday morning, received and signed as accepted at immigration am yesterday.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, elektrified said:

Has anyone else been able to track their 90-day post recently? In about 9 months now, I can no longer track the return (new date to report). It always shows up at my house but is never scanned so no way to track it. Now, the last 2 times (6 months), even the outgoing report is not trackable anymore. ....  That makes things a little difficult, not knowing if it got there or not??? ... "always keeps your P.O. receipt."

Ideally, you should use EMS for mailing in and for the return envelope, anyway that's always worked for me and I've always been able to track. Sometimes I wait as long as 12 days to get the return stub, but this last time it only took THREE days, wow, just bang. Also, this last time the clerk was not on top of it and sealed the envelopes before recording the EMS number inside  He started then to tear open the flap for the 2nd time and I said, never mind, good sir, mai pen rai, if they got it that's plenty good enough. I was amazed at the return stamps put on the envelope, I should scan and upload a pic of that, every available space covered with a stamp. Anyway, I've known people who have been mailing their 90 day report for 10 years, never had a problem, but do keep your postal receipt that is proof you mailed it just in case. 

I mailed mine last week and checked the tracking yesterday.  No problem with the tracking.  I stopped using the EMS return because it was a bother to be home to sign for it. As someone said above, as long I can show Immigration received it and I have the receipt, that is good enough.

Always send registered. In the past, used to get EMS or registered back but just a 3 baht stamp back now for me the last 3 reports.

4-5 working days return is the norm for me for the last few years and of course a copy of the notification gets put in my Imm file at home along with the PO receipt.

Songkran coming up and that could cause a delay.If you have business with Imm  for  extension etc requiring a visit etc best to get in well before

Has anybody got any idea when Immigration will be moving

back to their new offices,would like to get my extension before

they do, as I am sure there will be some hiccups,before they 

get settled in.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Has anybody got any idea when Immigration will be moving

back to their new offices.....

According to the boss of Building #3 at the old Immigration site, he told me that the new building would be open for business in August of this year.  That's what he told me two months ago.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CMBob said:

According to the boss of Building #3 at the old Immigration site, he told me that the new building would be open for business in August of this year.  That's what he told me two months ago.

Passed there on Thursday and there were a very large number of what I guess may have been foreign workers registering. It was a tented area in front, and to the right of, the new building. 

Maybe running out of space already. :smile:

23 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I mailed mine last week and checked the tracking yesterday.  No problem with the tracking.  I stopped using the EMS return because it was a bother to be home to sign for it. As someone said above, as long I can show Immigration received it and I have the receipt, that is good enough.

Yeah, I think I'll do it that way next time, but I'm gonna save the last one that was covered in stamps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, CMBob said:

The officer who helped me today said they were expecting to move back to new building near airport in July now.  Shame really as Promenada was really convenient for me hohum  ;/

• 1 month later...

2am. Arrived at CM IMM to process my retirement extension of stay. 6 chairs ahead of me with bits of paper on them indicating seat holders but they’re nowhere to be seen.

3am. More seat holders arrive. 2 guys add 5 more stools to the line. The seat holders in front of me no one has shown. So 14 stools in line and except for me no one else is actually here tho a few sitters are walking around elsewhere. 

4am. 16 stools lined up. Still no seat holders actually at their stools but some are outside where there is air flow and are laying down or sleeping on the stairs and grounds. 

5am. Some jerk came and started moving stools where people were not physically present. I was walking around and caught him taking my stool and started a second parallel que with my stool first. Imagine the arguments that would occur when those who arrived hours ago found they were behind later arrivals. His philosophy was if you weren’t sitting on your stool you weren’t in the que. I put a stop to that and told him to back to the end of the que that 20+ others had respectfully followed. 

6am. 40+ in retirement / student visa renewal que. Chased out another que jumper. A thai youth who placed a stool at the very front and tried to claim he thought that was the end of the que line.

7am. There’s a sign posted by IMM that seems read that they’ll process only 60 retirement AND student renewals total per day- 25 in the morning & 35 in the afternoon. There’s now 80+ people in the retirement/ student visa que.

8:05am. Que tickets being passed out. I got #8 (#3008) and am the first retiree. The 7 in front of me are student extensions. 

8:47am. First retirement/ student extension number called. IMM never prepared to serve anyone when they open for business at 8:30am. First person apparently short on some paperwork and left returning at 08:58. No next number served. First person finished at 09:00. Second number called at 09:00. Did not appear but I suspect since they were family with the first person they were processed together. 

9:00am. Next applicants  #3-5 were from the same family. Their forms were also not complete. Watched while they left to obtain whatever was missing and the officer’s desks sat empty. #5 didn’t finish until 09:16

9:25am. My number was called.  Done at 09:38 less waiting for return of my passport. Passport returned at 09:50

I asked the officer why they were limiting retirement/ student visa extensions to 60 per day. He replied that was an average and that number fluctuates based on that day’s processing time for applicants. I guess that meant the numbers could be marginally higher if everyone’s paperwork had no issues. But to me the explanation is not logical.

5 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

Thanks for the update

It looks like they are wanting more and more people to use Agents

Will be interesting to see in the coming months if things change

I would thing a lot of the trouble is yet another short working week due to the holidays this month

• Like 1

On 22/11/2560 at 7:18 AM, Saraphee said:

My latest attempt at on-line reporting was rejected. Yesterday at The Prom the two charming ladies at desk 1 completed the process in about 90 secs without any problems.

I spent a few minutes trying to find someone to tell me what had been the difficulty with my on line attempt - it became easier just to go and look at the classic cars for sale.

No one at the immigration office will know what he problem is, I believe the online reporting is run out of Bangkok

My original report today (see #1874) did not make the comment that only after IMM was handing out que ##’s was it made clear that the 6 seats qued up in front of me during the night were actually commandeered by 2 Thai seat sitters covering for 7 paid applicants. Which explains why I never really saw what I expected to be 6 seat sitters. I agree one person one seat. Next time I just may sit in front of those chairs that don’t have a person there for hours on end.

Edited by jeffandgop

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

Tourist visa extension today :

Arrived at 3.40 PM  , filled out the form, got photocopies done  , handed in application , PP with extension back at 4 PM

Tourist extensions are usually a walk in the park.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

2am. Arrived at CM IMM to process my retirement extension of stay. 6 chairs ahead of me with bits of paper on them indicating seat holders but they’re nowhere to be seen.

3am. More seat holders arrive. 2 guys add 5 more stools to the line. The seat holders in front of me no one has shown. So 14 stools in line and except for me no one else is actually here tho a few sitters are walking around elsewhere. 

4am. 16 stools lined up. Still no seat holders actually at their stools but some are outside where there is air flow and are laying down or sleeping on the stairs and grounds. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, that's really crazy. I usually show up about 7:00AM and am about 8th in line, one time even first, out by 10:30. But a few years ago it was mobbed and I was told 2:00AM. Wife and I came at midnight and didn't get home until 4PM the next day. I thought that was just confusion setting up Promenada, but apparently traffic jams still occur from time to time.  

Edited by cusanus

Re COPY OF TM-30:  Can somebody tell me if I need to get an actual copy of a TM-30 when I apply for a "Change of Visa" (changing from Tourist Visa to Non-O...TM86) OR is the receipt my landlord gave me as proof he filed the TM-30 all that is required?  The receipt was generated from https://extranet.immigration.go.th/. and I am attaching a snapshot of it.

I really do not want to stand in line at Promenada for hours to get the actual form if the receipt is all that is necessary.  The whole process of applying for the change of visa is complicated and time-consuming enough without adding another day to retrieve this form if I don't have to.

Im hoping someone with factual information about this can reply.   Thanks in advance!

NOTE:  I am posting this to the CHIANG MAI forum because Chaing Mai Immigration office seems to have unique requirements from all over Immigration offices in Thailand.

IMG_0514.JPG

Edited by Kohsamida

19 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Re COPY OF TM-30:  Can somebody tell me if I need to get an actual copy of a TM-30 when I apply for a "Change of Visa" (changing from Tourist Visa to Non-O...TM86) OR is the receipt my landlord gave me as proof he filed the TM-30 all that is required?  The receipt was generated from https://extranet.immigration.go.th/. and I am attaching a snapshot of it.

I really do not want to stand in line at Promenada for hours to get the actual form if the receipt is all that is necessary.  The whole process of applying for the change of visa is complicated and time-consuming enough without adding another day to retrieve this form if I don't have to.

Im hoping someone with factual information about this can reply.   Thanks in advance!

NOTE:  I am posting this to the CHIANG MAI forum because Chaing Mai Immigration office seems to have unique requirements from all over Immigration offices in Thailand.

IMG_0514.JPG

This is the receipt that the landlord or manager of a condo or guest house will give you when they file a TM30 online.  It is sufficient for the purpose of proving to CM Immigration that a TM30 has been filed on your behalf.  Be sure to let your landlord or manager know that they should file a new TM30 each time you leave Thailand and thus your departure/arrival card number changes.

26 minutes ago, NancyL said:

This is the receipt that the landlord or manager of a condo or guest house will give you when they file  TM30 online.  It is sufficient for the purpose of proving to CM Immigration that a TM30 has been filed on your behalf.  Be sure to let your landlord or manager know that they should file a new TM30 each time you leave Thailand and thus your departure/arrival card number changes.

well Nancy, you usually have your facts right.... but actually tenant should go to immig to report after they have left the country and returned.  BY CM IMMIG rules the landlord must do the first report ( when a new tenant enters).  This is how it is done for owners with a house for rent.  Maybe YOUR condo does the report for its occupants every time they come and go ( but do they really know ! ) ....Anyway, it certainly is NOT what immigration tells owners of homes.  They say the person who has left the country must go and notify so the tm 30 can be updated .  

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

well Nancy, you usually have your facts right.... but actually tenant should go to immig to report after they have left the country and returned.  BY CM IMMIG rules the landlord must do the first report ( when a new tenant enters).  This is how it is done for owners with a house for rent.  Maybe YOUR condo does the report for its occupants every time they come and go ( but do they really know ! ) ....Anyway, it certainly is NOT what immigration tells owners of homes.  They say the person who has left the country must go and notify so the tm 30 can be updated .  

Yes, our condo office does it for the residents, but it is up to the residents to notify them. They don't keep track of the comings and goings of the building residents.  And yes, CMBob is really the local expert on TM30s and it is the norm for most people to go out to Imm. Prom and "update" their TM30s themselves once their landlord/owner has done the initial TM30 filing.  But it's worth checking to see if the management of your building will do updates for you rather than just assuming you have to make the trip to Imm. Prom. yourself each time you return from a trip out of the country.

take care /as a home owner with wife i/i have been in and out of country many times every year 

never filled out a form /and never a problem

until last trip /when i went for year retirement visa 

was fined 1600 b for not filling one out on return

even immigration on arrival shows me on passport/ my next visit to immigration would be on the 90 day date stamp

20 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

I can't give a firm answer, but a stub from Immigration is required to be stapled into your passport. You should go to the trouble to follow the rules even if unclear what problems may result. This is what mine looks like.. 

Tm30stubxx.jpg

22 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, our condo office does it for the residents, but it is up to the residents to notify them. They don't keep track of the comings and goings of the building residents.  And yes, CMBob is really the local expert on TM30s and it is the norm for most people to go out to Imm. Prom and "update" their TM30s themselves once their landlord/owner has done the initial TM30 filing.  But it's worth checking to see if the management of your building will do updates for you rather than just assuming you have to make the trip to Imm. Prom. yourself each time you return from a trip out of the country.

It is the NORM because that is what immigration CM wants .  When we once went there to file a "new" TM 30 we were told " why you come.  Not have to do new form. .  Tenant must come "

Your post suggests that the tenant might notify the owner so that the owner can file a new report . That is just not correct.  If you (as a tenant advocate) want to suggest that owners do the "updating" that is your right. I am not assuming anything as I have real knowledge of the matter and you are free to quote me also as a "local expert" on this matter.