Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Years ago at the Airport office there were dozens of free, open spaces to park across the street, then it was gated shut, but there still seems to be plenty of parking available there if the owners would allow it. Hardly worth mentioning, but maybe they will free that up again or charge a nominal fee. Sometimes I have to laugh and sometimes despair over all the backbiting on this site. This is what farang culture is like back home, a nightmare of little beasties getting on each others' backs. I love Thailand because people are generally very friendly and the peace of mind is worth a ton of gold. With any luck I'll live out my days here in bliss, but can always log on to Thai visa for a freak show or a reminder of what I'm missing. Anyway, I've never suffered a day using Immigration services during my 13 years here. Despite some occasional long lines and crowding, the service has always been reasonably efficient and prompt. I love seeing the great friends I've made there and taking the opportunity to spend a day in the city shopping and enjoying the sights.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, chuang said:

So much bickerings and &%*)% about CM immigration why don't get together and demand to see the imm boss...

The Boss a couple of years ago

Was at The Empress Convention centre for A Long Stay Seminar

He was due to answer question in the afternoon

But unfortunately he had to go back to Immigration

He has some of  Immigration People answer questions

It will take Bangkok Immigration to come up and see for themselves

Like they did before

This Boss is making a mark as I am the Boss

He has changed so many things immigration

Some for the worse

Only time will tell

No Consulate or embassy are allowed to visit unless asking for permission

So draw your own conclusion

This includes Bangkok Immigration Officers

It would be good to do a surprise visit

But they would be tipped off

Will be interesting to see what happens after September 24

30 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Years ago at the Airport office there were dozens of free, open spaces to park across the street, then it was gated shut, but there still seems to be plenty of parking available there if the owners would allow it. Hardly worth mentioning, but maybe they will free that up again or charge a nominal fee. Sometimes I have to laugh and sometimes despair over all the backbiting on this site. This is what farang culture is like back home, a nightmare of little beasties getting on each others' backs. I love Thailand because people are generally very friendly and the peace of mind is worth a ton of gold. With any luck I'll live out my days here in bliss, but can always log on to Thai visa for a freak show or a reminder of what I'm missing. Anyway, I've never suffered a day using Immigration services during my 13 years here. Despite some occasional long lines and crowding, the service has always been reasonably efficient and prompt. I love seeing the great friends I've made there and taking the opportunity to spend a day in the city shopping and enjoying the sights.  

Just 3 posts before yours.

From the thread nearly everyone has missed.

"Briefly, we were informed Immigration will relocate to their new facilities near the airport on 24 September. At this stage all services will be moved. Queuing has been an issue of late due to resourcing problems. In the new facility they are planning to reinstate on line queue reservation system, improvements to 90 day on line reporting (a Bangkok system problem) are anticipated and for the new facility parking arrangements are to be available across the road at the spa facility."

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Your input is the irrelevant bit!

My post was addressed to "sanemax" not you.

Let "sanemax" respond if that person so wishes.

if you want to have a private two way conversation do it with the PM function

On 9/8/2018 at 11:29 AM, Thailand said:

Just 3 posts before yours.

From the thread nearly everyone has missed.

"Briefly, we were informed Immigration will relocate to their new facilities near the airport on 24 September. At this stage all services will be moved. Queuing has been an issue of late due to resourcing problems. In the new facility they are planning to reinstate on line queue reservation system, improvements to 90 day on line reporting (a Bangkok system problem) are anticipated and for the new facility parking arrangements are to be available across the road at the spa facility."

That must be why they call me the prophet! ?

No, there were much earlier references before E/S and to the old location near the airport, but E/S overused the term.

When the operation moved to Prom near the goat pens (they were already there), then the term seemed more descriptive.

have a look at the old posts 

nancy started it at old immigration   

i well remember/ as i brought it up at the time it was offensive

as my wife has friends work at immigration / and they are nice people /not animals  

they have a tough job /putting up with the arrogant/ moaning /and rude farangs everyday

8 minutes ago, opalred said:

as my wife has friends work at immigration / and they are nice people /not animals  

they have a tough job /putting up with the arrogant/ moaning /and rude farangs everyday

You are most definitely wrong.

33 minutes ago, opalred said:

Does not really matter who was first, both repeatedly used the offensive term and will reap their karma.

Oh for goodness sake, I've not routinely referred to Immigration, at either location at "the Zoo".  It was a term in widespread use before I came here ten years ago, much as the main airport in Bangkok was called "Swampy" even before it opened.   As I've said on numerous occasions, I like the (real) Chiang Mai zoo and do not wish to insult it.

Posts discussing Moderation removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

3 hours ago, opalred said:

my wife has friends work at immigration / and they are nice people /not animals  

I often hear malls, airports, etc called a zoo.  It means they are very crowded, maybe hectic, but not that the employees are animals.  Lighten up. 

To answer a poster`s question on another thread <deleted>: Photocopies of documents do not need to be submitted by ex-pats on retirement extensions to the British embassy for proof of income if they have 800000 baht in a Thai bank account. The 90 day report can now be completed online, although it doesn`t work for everyone.

Open debate is one thing, but there sure are a lot of petty squabbles and needless nit-picking that seem to go on in this thread.  Wouldn't Private Messaging be a better place for this?  That is to say, some members are actually looking to find or share useful, relevant information on the subject of this thread. 

Maybe it's not my place to say this since I'm fairly new here, and no offense intended to anyone in particular.  All I'm saying is that 174 pages is sure is a lot of pages... ? 

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Open debate is one thing, but there sure are a lot of petty squabbles and needless nit-picking that seem to go on in this thread.  Wouldn't Private Messaging be a better place for this?  That is to say, some members are actually looking to find or share useful, relevant information on the subject of this thread. 

Maybe it's not my place to say this since I'm fairly new here, and no offense intended to anyone in particular.  All I'm saying is that 174 pages is sure is a lot of pages... ? 

I agree and these threads do tend to go around in never ending circles.

I think the main problem is that Chiang Mai expat residents (including me) are peeved off with the way Chiang Mai immigration are conducting business with us. The procedures that are imposed seem to be becoming more complicated year by year and having to scratch around on these forums to try and keep up to date as to what`s going on and updates on the policies. We also don`t know what they have in-store for us when immigration moves back to the near airport location again.

The worse part there is sweet FA we can do about about it, except moan and groan on these threads that with immigration will fall on deaf ears. So basically, all we can do is help each other by keeping us informed and posting our own experiences with immigration on a day to day basis.

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

This thread will be defunct soon when immigration moves back to the airport location so we can have a brand new Airport Immigration Experinces thread for everyone to use and abuse.Chiang Mai forum is famous for irrelevant off topic posts and bickering so don't expect any change.

There will still be useful information amongst the chaff you simply have to dig for it.

A new era is almost upon us. 

It was good when Tywais one of the moderators was here

Many useless posts were deleted

Maybe CMSally could start a new one about the Airport office

Then moderate it

To keep the many useless posts being posted

As i have better time than read all these useless posts

IMHO

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I agree and these threads do tend to go around in never ending circles.

I think the main problem is that Chiang Mai expat residents (including me) are peeved off with the way Chiang Mai immigration are conducting business with us. The procedures that are imposed seem to be becoming more complicated year by year and having to scratch around on these forums to try and keep up to date as to what`s going on and updates on the policies. We also don`t know what they have in-store for us when immigration moves back to the near airport location again.

The worse part there is sweet FA we can do about about it, except moan and groan on these threads that with immigration will fall on deaf ears. So basically, all we can do is help each other by keeping us informed and posting our own experiences with immigration on a day to day basis.

So then, this thread is sort of like “group therapy”?  ...ok, that’s cool I guess ? 

1 minute ago, grin said:

When I got my TM30 updated at immigration building 3 by the airport last week I asked when the move was going to take place and the man at the desk by the door said in October.

It has been advised from the New Chiang Mai Govenor

It will be 24th September

This has already been posted in this forum many times

1 minute ago, Lizard2010 said:

Yep, have seen those posts. Just reporting what I was told four days ago.

21 hours ago, opalred said:

Agree. The amount of people I see who think they will escape fine or sanction for things like late 90 day reporting by yelling or behaving like a prick to the immigration officer is as embarrassing as it is astounding. I've only had one bad average with an immigration officer in 2 and a half years. That's not a bad hit rate given how overworked they appear to be and the types of people they deal with. 

55 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

What about the posts that have said it has been postponed to the weekend of 29th/30th  effective relocation opening 1st October?

And with your extensive knowledge of things Thai you will know this type of thing is often determined by "lucky days" as opposed to readiness so a potential further change is possible,don't you think?

Anyway, it will open as and when.All being well we won't be there again, wherever it may  be, for about 1 year.

If Chiang Mai IO , changed their system and followed Chonburi /Pattaya system , there would not be a 174 page long thread. I have been at both places and was surprised how poor they handled the queues at Promenada.
And yes , we do have a lot of foreigners in Pattaya , the office is just as busy as in Chiang Mai .
When I do my 90 day report I am in and out within 10 minutes most times.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:46 PM, opalred said:

No way I'm going to dig that deep, but you're certainly right about the last two. 

19 minutes ago, balo said:

If Chiang Mai IO , changed their system and followed Chonburi /Pattaya system , there would not be a 174 page long thread. I have been at both places and was surprised how poor they handled the queues at Promenada.
And yes , we do have a lot of foreigners in Pattaya , the office is just as busy as in Chiang Mai .
When I do my 90 day report I am in and out within 10 minutes most times.

Yeah, but I bet our imm bigwigs drive nicer cars than yours. 

Archived