Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: EXTENSION OF STAY FOR RETIREMENT...I think I understand requirements and required documents for this (and for a multi-entry permit), but hoped to find a recently updated checklist specific to the Chiang Mai immigration office here on the Forums.  I only found one for Chon Buri and wonder if someone who has recently applied in Chiang Mai can say if this looks correct, specifically for Chiang Mai.

i know all the provinces probably have slightly different guidelines so I welcome any comments specific to Chiang Mai.  Thanks in advance for constructive comments.

Please note, this poster was applying for a renewal of an existing 1 year retirement extension.  I will be applying for the first time.  I have a 90 day Non-O visa presently.  Hope I’m using the correct terms for all of this since it’s a bit confusing to me.

Also note, this post was an anecdotal post, not official so I don’t know for certain how reliable it is...which is why I’m seeking advice here.

Paperwork required for Extension of Stay renewal (as well as your passport obviously):

• TM.7 completed and signed, with passport photo attached (include phone number by your signature).
  • Bank letter (sufficient funds) as well as photocopy of updated bank book page (if you are using the lump sum system).
  • Photocopies of - Face Page of Passport, page showing transfer of Visa from old passport (if applicable), page showing current Extension of Stay stamp, page showing last entry date into Thailand.
  • Photocopy of Departure Card.
  • Photocopy of THAI driver's licence (front and back) OR photocopies of recent utility bills (I had both, just in case, and they kept both).
  • Plus the 1,900 baht of course and that's it !
  • (Sign ALL photocopies of course - can be done ahead of time as they don't seem to need to see you sign them.
  • No TM.30 or rental/lease agreements required (or asked for). I used to just use a photocopy of some utility bills (the front part where it shows your name/address) but last year was told I could do that or use a copy of my THAI driving license (front and back sides). 

For the Multi-entry permit:
  • TM.8 completed and signed (also include phone number beside signature) and photo attached.
  • Photocopy of Face Page of Passport, last re-entry permit stamp, last arrival stamp and new Extension of Stay stamp.
  • 3,800 baht.

27 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

RE: EXTENSION OF STAY FOR RETIREMENT...I think I understand requirements and required documents for this (and for a multi-entry permit), but hoped to find a recently updated checklist specific to the Chiang Mai immigration office here on the Forums.  I only found one for Chon Buri and wonder if someone who has recently applied in Chiang Mai can say if this looks correct, specifically for Chiang Mai.

i know all the provinces probably have slightly different guidelines so I welcome any comments specific to Chiang Mai.  Thanks in advance for constructive comments.

Please note, this poster was applying for a renewal of an existing 1 year retirement extension.  I will be applying for the first time.  I have a 90 day Non-O visa presently.  Hope I’m using the correct terms for all of this since it’s a bit confusing to me.

Also note, this post was an anecdotal post, not official so I don’t know for certain how reliable it is...which is why I’m seeking advice here.

Paperwork required for Extension of Stay renewal (as well as your passport obviously):

• TM.7 completed and signed, with passport photo attached (include phone number by your signature).
  • Bank letter (sufficient funds) as well as photocopy of updated bank book page (if you are using the lump sum system).
  • Photocopies of - Face Page of Passport, page showing transfer of Visa from old passport (if applicable), page showing current Extension of Stay stamp, page showing last entry date into Thailand.
  • Photocopy of THAI driver's licence (front and back) OR photocopies of recent utility bills (I had both, just in case, and they kept both).
  • Plus the 1,900 baht of course and that's it !
  • (Sign ALL photocopies of course - can be done ahead of time as they don't seem to need to see you sign them.
  • No TM.30 or rental/lease agreements required (or asked for). I used to just use a photocopy of some utility bills (the front part where it shows your name/address) but last year was told I could do that or use a copy of my THAI driving license (front and back sides). 

For the Multi-entry permit:
  • TM.8 completed and signed (also include phone number beside signature) and photo attached.
  • Photocopy of Face Page of Passport, last re-entry permit stamp, last arrival stamp and new Extension of Stay stamp.
  • 3,800 baht.

Forget the drivers license and utility bills.  In Chiang Mai they want to see evidence that you have a TM30 on file. 

Also, the photo has to be 4 cm x 6 cm, not the size of the little square on the form and sometimes they become sticky about the color of the background.  It's whatever color the photo shop next to Immigration is using at the time.  Sometimes white background works, sometimes they want dark blue.

36 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Please note, this poster was applying for a renewal of an existing 1 year retirement extension.  I will be applying for the first time.  I have a 90 day Non-O visa presently

First time applying in CM.............fasten your seat belt  

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

First time applying in CM.............fasten your seat belt  

Yes, from what I’ve been reading in this thread, I’m sure it will be a memorable experience.  Tempted to use an agent but I’m a cheapskate. Am using a line-sitter though.

33 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Yes, from what I’ve been reading in this thread, I’m sure it will be a memorable experience.  Tempted to use an agent but I’m a cheapskate. Am using a line-sitter though.

try to keep calm........and good luck

21 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I copy every page of my passport.

You will probably need proof of address in the form of a rental agreement or a yellow book.

If using lump sum,Bank book & bank letter updated (Previous day is OK) and a new transaction showing on the updated bank book, 100 baht in or out will do.

You will  need a TM30  copy

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

I copy every page of my passport.

You will probably need proof of address in the form of a rental agreement or a yellow book.

If using lump sum,Bank book & bank letter updated (Previous day is OK) and a new transaction showing on the updated bank book, 100 baht in or out will do.

You will  need a TM30  copy

Is that a new rule about having a recent transaction?  I never ran across that until this week when someone else also mentioned it somewhere on this forum.  I appreciate your tips; thanks!

Oh BTW...Regarding document copies, do they want one copy or two? 

29 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Is that a new rule about having a recent transaction?  I never ran across that until this week when someone else also mentioned it somewhere on this forum.  I appreciate your tips; thanks!

Oh BTW...Regarding document copies, do they want one copy or two? 

One copy, it is 2 for 90 day non o.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for a residence certificate two days ago and I got a queue to come back 4 weeks from now even though she said 3 weeks 10 mins ago.

The waiting time is getting worse and worse. You must be there before 10 am to submit your application where previously it was 11 am.

At least we don't have to wait one week just to submit our application this time. 

I asked her why do you need copies of our tenancy agreement, house reg. book to prove our address when we have already done so for our TM30 many months ago? Shouldn't the TM30 be enough?

She couldn't understand the redundancy or logic behind it.

They still want tons and tons of unnecessary and duplicate paperwork when this is the digital age.

Maybe NancyL or someone can talk to their head officers the logic to reduce unnecessary paperwork.

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

I applied for a residence certificate two days ago and I got a queue to come back 4 weeks from now even though she said 3 weeks 10 mins ago.

The waiting time is getting worse and worse. You must be there before 10 am to submit your application where previously it was 11 am.

At least we don't have to wait one week just to submit our application this time. 

I asked her why do you need copies of our tenancy agreement, house reg. book to prove our address when we have already done so for our TM30 many months ago? Shouldn't the TM30 be enough?

She couldn't understand the redundancy or logic behind it.

They still want tons and tons of unnecessary and duplicate paperwork when this is the digital age.

Maybe NancyL or someone can talk to their head officers the logic to reduce unnecessary paperwork.

I no longer have any standing to represent the elderly since I"m not on the board of CM Expats club any longer.  The best I can do is claim to be representing the elderly through Lanna Care Net and Immigration is making it difficult now for the hospitals and caregivers to get medical extensions without using visa agents. I've thrown in the towel with this new guy.  Have no desire to met him or try to make things better any longer.

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

The best I can do is claim to be representing the elderly through Lanna Care Net and Immigration is making it difficult now for the hospitals and caregivers to get medical extensions without using visa agents. I've thrown in the towel with this new guy.  Have no desire to met him or try to make things better any longer.

new guy?

48 minutes ago, NancyL said:

There is a new head of Immigration for Chiang Mai province.  He came in around Songkran time.

I heard that there is some kind of "new agency service" for people that are too sick immobile etc. to go themselves. (Don't know exact details as I heard it secondhand). But it could be the reason they make it more difficult for hospitals and caregivers to act as proxy.

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

There is a new head of Immigration for Chiang Mai province.  He came in around Songkran time.

I don't see much improvement on the way things are done with this new guy.

It's chaos almost everyday due to people queuing at the wrong place or shouldn't be queuing in the first place.

They should all follow the TM30 way of giving out queue numbers but there should also be a display board instead of calling with their tiny voices.

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

I heard that there is some kind of "new agency service" for people that are too sick immobile etc. to go themselves. (Don't know exact details as I heard it secondhand). But it could be the reason they make it more difficult for hospitals and caregivers to act as proxy.

My initial thoughts where how could anyone be taking advantage of the situation of the sick and disabled and that the "new agency service" was just a rumor but having seen what has happened in the last couple of years nothing would surprise me.

40 minutes ago, davehowden said:

"I don't see much improvement on the way things are done with this new guy. "

EricTH: I don't think "improvement" for the customers was actually his prime consideration!

Or even second or third on the priorities list?

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

And what has this "new head of Immigration" got to do with the very long term problems we have had at CM Immigration since before 2000. 

Changing the so called boss has made no difference since then. 

Of course we have the usual lot(s) who say it is even worse and the others who think they are living in "Plato's Republic" and say it is utopia and that they have a magic wand that allows them to do things (at PROM) which no other human beings in CM are capable of doing (according to them)!

Each to their own!

3 hours ago, cmsally said:

Second hand "scare mongering", and from a Moderator!

Any facts to back this claim up?

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And what has this "new head of Immigration" got to do with the very long term problems we have had at CM Immigration since before 2000. 

Changing the so called boss has made no difference since then. 

Of course we have the usual lot(s) who say it is even worse and the others who think they are living in "Plato's Republic" and say it is utopia!

Each to their own!

Things were getting a little better in the past year, esp. since they brought up some additional mid-level managers from Swampy who were the front-line managers at Imm. Prom.  But, now the provincial head has been changed out and apparently he has ideas about how things should be done differently at Prom, like the uni-queue that throws the students in with the retirees and gives no preference to those requesting medical extensions, like they used to in the past.

The number of medical extensions they do each day is small, just three or four at most and the burden of proof high, so they could easily permit them (or their caregivers) to jump the queue without affecting the overall quality of service, in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I did say it was secondhand info. ! So hardly scaremongering !

From the OED (OED=Oxford English Dictionary)
Scaremonger 
Noun; a person who spreads frightening reports or rumours. 

DERIVATIVES
    scaremongering noun & adjective

The statement you made is "secondhand" and therefore is not factual and is therefore a "rumour".

PS; As "Judge Judy" would say "that is hearsay evidence and is not admissible....".

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Things were getting a little better in the past year, esp. since they brought up some additional mid-level managers from Swampy who were the front-line managers at Imm. Prom.  But, now the provincial head has been changed out and apparently he has ideas about how things should be done differently at Prom, like the uni-queue that throws the students in with the retirees and gives no preference to those requesting medical extensions, like they used to in the past.

Well, I hope the queueing up the night before isn't true for this queue because it's my turn in two months time. Arriving at 6 am in the morning is bad enough last year, I hate to arrive at 9 pm the night before.

I went in late last week. Seemed on the quiet side until about 7am when a heap of people rolled in and swelled numbers up to almost normal level.  

General thoughts compared to when I went about 6 months ago were:

- For some ridiculous reason they have the waiting area all closed off prior to 5am, so you have to queue up on the main road outside with some officious security guard sweeping through barking at people. Problematic when it starts to drizzle...

- At 5am, everyone is marched in single file into the bit where you queue and then you slot into the appropriate queue from there. I could see this causing hassles at times because there will always be that one dick who wants to break ranks and try to push in line.  

- They seem to have amalgamated a bunch of the main visa types (medical, tourist education, religious etc) into one line which is easily the busiest of the lines. there are only 3 main lines outside the main office now. Most of the other lines (volunteer, family, 90 day check in) seem to be quite small. 

- There are still the hand to hand combat courses that bring in about 15 seats at 5am and plant them all in line, only for their people to stroll in looking refreshed at 7.55am and take their seats at the front of the queue while everyone who waited from 5am glares at them. 

- There is always at least three or four tourists woefully underdressed for visiting a government office. 

Long story short, seems to have been a bunch of changes for the sake of change, but it's pretty much just the same old. If you fall into any of the non volunteer or family visa types, you'd probably want to get there before 6am, but everyone else you could take the chance. 

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

Well, I hope the queueing up the night before isn't true for this queue because it's my turn in two months time. Arriving at 6 am in the morning is bad enough last year, I hate to arrive at 9 pm the night before.

I arrived about 5am last week and there were about 10 people in line ahead. Because its a mixed queue, no way of telling the exact breakdown, but I'd say majority appeared to be retirement/medical visas. I doubt you'd need to queue too much earlier than that. 

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I arrived about 5am last week and there were about 10 people in line ahead. Because its a mixed queue, no way of telling the exact breakdown, but I'd say majority appeared to be retirement/medical visas. I doubt you'd need to queue too much earlier than that. 

Most of the people should be from the education visas, followed by retirees and lastly medical visas. Those on medical visas are usually over 50s anyway.

I don't know why they put the education visas together with the other two because there're quite a lot of people studying Thai or whatever in Thailand. I've seen quite a lot of Chinese students at CMU.

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

- There are still the hand to hand combat courses that bring in about 15 seats at 5am and plant them all in line, only for their people to stroll in looking refreshed at 7.55am and take their seats at the front of the queue while everyone who waited from 5am glares at them. 

These are almost all the line-sitters or agents, someone should be brave enough to tell them that it isn't fair to just plant seats and then disappear for hours to sleep somewhere.

If they disappear for more than 15 minutes (to go to toilet), we have the right to take their place in the queue.

There have been some reports of progressively moving back to the new / old location near the airport.

Any members know if Prom will eventually close, or?

Also, anybody know, do you still apply for multi exit / re-entry permit at Prom? (I have PR not sure it that makes any difference to the Imm. office location.)

Thanks.

Archived