Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There have been some reports of progressively moving back to the new / old location near the airport.

Any members know if Prom will eventually close or?

Also, anybody know, do you still apply for multi exit / re-entry permit at Prom? 

Thanks.

Prom 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EricTh said:

These are almost all the line-sitters or agents, someone should be brave enough to tell them that it isn't fair to just plant seats and then disappear for hours to sleep somewhere.

If they disappear for more than 15 minutes (to go to toilet), we have the right to take their place in the queue.

Agreed. These guys had the company clothing on for the combat place. Only two of them reserving spots for 15 seemed a bit unfair. I have no (real) issues with a line sitter who holds the place for one person, but when one person can hold the place for 5 - 10 people it seems a bit ridiculous. Just seems to create a massive backlog for everyone else in that queue. 

2 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Agreed. These guys had the company clothing on for the combat place. Only two of them reserving spots for 15 seemed a bit unfair. I have no (real) issues with a line sitter who holds the place for one person, but when one person can hold the place for 5 - 10 people it seems a bit ridiculous. Just seems to create a massive backlog for everyone else in that queue. 

So, who's going to be the first to take on a line-sitter who works for a combat school?

59 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Totally agree re multiple sitters. One Line Sitter One seat - toilet break or early arrival et al.

The "major Agencies" have their own access and should have little impact on the "night owls".

Any other miscreants should be forced out (unless they are combat scholars-of course).

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

You?

You have had the ***** to take IM on in the past!

Right.  And see how much impact it had on the quality of service at Imm Prom.  (yet, the anguish it caused with my personal life is something beyond what I can go into here)

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

Right.  And see how much impact it had on the quality of service at Imm Prom.  (yet, the anguish it caused with my personal life is something beyond what I can go into here)

Reinhold Niebuhr Quotes. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

the quote should be in all  "adjusting to life in thailand" publications.  then the hard part comes :  getting that wisdom

14 hours ago, Thailand said:

That would be the combat school requiring limited attendance to get education visas that is owned by a high ranking military official I guess so taking on more than just a couple of uniformed line sitters.

Sorry, what is this 'combat school'? I might want to get one someday. LOL.

14 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I spoke to a friend who went to Promenada yesterday for his Retirement Extension.  He did not use an agent.

1.  Arrived at 0600.

2.  Finished at 1630

I guess I will be using an agent later this year.  

Did they ask him for proof of his income or did he have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account?

17 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I spoke to a friend who went to Promenada yesterday for his Retirement Extension.  He did not use an agent.

1.  Arrived at 0600.

2.  Finished at 1630

Well he's got 12 months to contemplate his next method not 3 months if he is to renew his extension

54 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

1.  Arrived at 0600.

2.  Finished at 1630

An already established visa agent has opened up a new office at Meechok plaza  this week it is next door to kellys. their main office is in 12/3 Nimmanhaemin Rd. Soi 9.

Have personally never used this company so cannot recommend

Nimmanhaemin Rd, Soi 9

Nimmanhaemin Rd, Soi 9

1 hour ago, sappersrest said:

An already established visa agent has opened up a new office at Meechok plaza  this week it is next door to kellys. their main office is in 12/3 Nimmanhaemin Rd. Soi 9.

Have personally never used this company so cannot recommend

Nimmanhaemin Rd, Soi 9

Nimmanhaemin Rd, Soi 9

Would make more sense to open an office directly over the road from the new/old immigration but perhaps prime slots already allocated. ?

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1.  Arrived at 0600.

2.  Finished at 1630

Just a guess, but wouldn't his ticket have been for the afternoon session?

If so would not have to be there all day,just return in the pm?

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1.  Arrived at 0600.

2.  Finished at 1630

Last year I arrived at 6 am and got out before noon.

Done my retirement ext Monday. Submitted docs at 0830 at agents office which took 5 minutes and told to be at Promenada at 1500.

1505 photo taken at building 3 then off to building 8. Departed at 1535 with visa and multiple re entry. 

To me agent fee was money well spent but of course others will disagree.

6 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Done my retirement ext Monday. Submitted docs at 0830 at agents office which took 5 minutes and told to be at Promenada at 1500.

1505 photo taken at building 3 then off to building 8. Departed at 1535 with visa and multiple re entry. 

How much did you pay the agent?

3 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

If you are over 75  Retireme Entension is no problem. Staff very helpfull  and 90 day reports by post, nothing wrong at all  

True but we are in the minority and no guarantee the priority lane will be ongoing if they wish to be really cruel.

90 day reports.  In to my 12 th year in CM doing it my mail never a problem

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

True but we are in the minority and no guarantee the priority lane will be ongoing if they wish to be really cruel.

90 day reports.  In to my 12 th year in CM doing it my mail never a problem

When you get line sitters in the priority lane then you know you there is a problem. ?

2 hours ago, Mahseer said:

"...building 3 then off to building 8"

At Promenada?  Do you mean different "rooms" within the Immigration Offices at Promenada?

58 minutes ago, Pronto2 said:

"...building 3 then off to building 8"

At Promenada?  Do you mean different "rooms" within the Immigration Offices at Promenada?

Yes sorry used to dealing with building 3 at the airport for TM30.

Room 3 on the ground floor at Promenada then the much larger room 8 just yards away.

16 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Around 5k I believe which to me as a once a year expense is tolerable.

This is even more expensive than the retirement visa fee itself. No wonder the number of visa agents are flourishing. Arrive at 8:30 am and finished way before 3 pm so that all customers can collect them at 3pm?

I supposed that exclude the other fees? So total fees would be 1900 baht + 3800 baht (reentry permit) + 5000 baht? 

It seems that they have access to a backdoor mechanism and that the immigration officer get some commission out of this.

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I supposed that exclude the other fees? So total fees would be 1900 baht + 3800 baht (reentry permit) + 5000 baht? 

It seems that they have access to a backdoor mechanism and that the immigration officer get some commission out of this.

Paid 12k all up. Arrived Promenada half hour early but told to come back at appointment time of 1500 and on my way home 1535. Don't believe there is any doubt whatsoever the agents fee is divided but as to what % is left at Promenada I have no idea.

Archived