Vendors Protest about tent ban on Pattaya Beach for Countdown Festival

webfact

Vendors Protest about tent ban on Pattaya Beach for Countdown Festival

protest-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A group of 30 vendors, who intended to pitch tents along Pattaya Beach Road during the New Year Countdown Festival, as they have done in previous years, conducted a protest in front of Pattaya City Hall on Tuesday after they were told that tents were banned this year.

Under current regulations issued by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), such gatherings are not permitted and the protest prompted a visit by the Deputy Chief of Banglamung District and the Army to ensure that no public disorder was taking place.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220224/vendors-protest-about-tent-ban-on-pattaya-beach-for-countdown-festival/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-30

Does this mean you will able to use the footpath along Beach Rd this year?

Heaven forbid you could actually be able to stroll comfortably along the beach front.

I mean there isn't already enough markets selling all sorts of crap just about everywhere already.

Even Central Festival had crap out the front the other day.

In previous years these tents must have been a massive income source for City Hall. I wonder how/where this 'shortfall' is going to be re-couped? I'm not too worried about this though as I'm sure those with degrees in procuring 'tea money' will already have a 'plan B' in mind.

Does this mean you will able to use the footpath along Beach Rd this year?

Heaven forbid you could actually be able to stroll comfortably along the beach front.

I mean there isn't already enough markets selling all sorts of crap just about everywhere already.

Even Central Festival had crap out the front the other day.

Yep, +1 thumbsup.gif

rather odd as they did it last year under the same rules

They also have had the tents up a number of times during the year such as the firework festival a few weeks back so the "regulations" bit sounds a bit hollow.

The last paragraph of the news item may give a better clue as to why they aren't doing it:

"One of the main reasons is believed to be a safety concern in relation to global terrorist threats of action over the New Year period."