Angela Merkel outlines the challenges the migrant crisis will bring in 2016

Jonathan Fairfield

"There is no question that the influx of so many people will still demand more from us."--

Yes, especially your money, you foolish woman. About 17 billion euros, it appears, for this year alone.

Germany's federal states are planning to spend around 17 billion euros (12.6 billion pounds) on dealing with the refugee crisis in 2016, the newspaper Die Welt said on Tuesday, citing a survey it conducted among their finance ministries. The sum, bigger than the 15.3 billion euros that the central government planned to allocate to its education and research ministry in 2015, is a measure of the strain that the influx is causing across the country as a whole.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-migrants-germany-costs-idUKKBN0UC02820151229

That is the lemon next to the pie. Wait until 2030, when all extended family members have arrived to claim their "jizya"(tax infidels must pay to their islamic masters) or welfare as Europeans call it. It is probably illegal to show the estimated cost of this, and after a weeks suspension it's not worth it, the info is out there for anyone interested. Their block votes against the divided caucazoid votes will also yield surprising results for the left, females and homosexuals at the same time.

There will be no "extended family members", if at all, family means spouse and children, that's it.

Liked the European notion in your post, though.

Why should ANY family members be allowed to join them? They abandoned them to a fate they did not want to accept themselves- b****y cowards. Either they should have travelled together, or they should be treated as separate individuals and put into separate camps. Put them together and they will be popping out new babies as fast as possible for the western states to support.

Why are our so called leaders so stupid that they can't see what they are doing with their moronic strategy of taking them into Europe, instead of supporting them in Turkey at a fraction of the price they will cost in Euro, plus no social disruption in Euro?

Is Merkel "outlining" how she is destroying the fabric of her own country? I would guess not.

Actually, refugee status is usually conferred on everyone in a particular household. Thus, you can have more than just parents and children. It may include grandparents as well as others. The trick is to actually show that they were all apart of the same household. It's not uncommon for people to try to 'sneak' a cousin or two and the occasional aunt.

If you can provide evidence that it was one household, then they are all allowed resettlement.

Just about everyone on this forum talks to the economic cost of permitting family reunion as one of their core objection, though the reality is 100% based upon anti-Muslim sentiment (visceral hatred of Muslims in general). As stated above & below is the criteria published by the German government; I understand the same policy also applies to some other countries.

Provided that the refugee is able to support him/herself and provide accommodation for the additional family members i.e. no welfare support.

I don't hate them because they are Muslim, I just don't want them in my country popping out babies as fast as they can to change our way of life. I don't want a mosque next door blaring out the call to prayer on loudspeakers at dawn ( did Mohammed have a loudspeaker? ), I don't want women in Burqas on the street, I don't want Sharia law in any shape or form, I don't want so called honour killings because their daughters look at an infidel boy. I don't hate them, but I don't like their culture and I don't want it in the west. We drove them out in the middle ages and I don't want them sneaking in again by the back door.

PS, Provided that the refugee is able to support him/herself and provide accommodation for the additional family members i.e. no welfare support.

If anyone believes that that will be enforced, I have a bridge for sale.

The only people that will be enforced on are white men trying to bring Thai partners to their own countries.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Actually, refugee status is usually conferred on everyone in a particular household. Thus, you can have more than just parents and children. It may include grandparents as well as others. The trick is to actually show that they were all apart of the same household. It's not uncommon for people to try to 'sneak' a cousin or two and the occasional aunt.

If you can provide evidence that it was one household, then they are all allowed resettlement.

The legal situation in Germany is rather clear: "family" means closest family members, i.e. spouse and under age children.

Exceptions are possible, but attempts to bring in further family members prove difficult (i.e. close to impossible).

I do not know whether that violates international law, e.g. the Refugee Convention. I guess we have to wait for someone to sue and see how the courts (maybe even in Strasbourg) see it. But right now it is clearly established: just the "core family".

Just about everyone on this forum talks to the economic cost of permitting family reunion as one of their core objection, though the reality is 100% based upon anti-Muslim sentiment (visceral hatred of Muslims in general). As stated above & below is the criteria published by the German government; I understand the same policy also applies to some other countries.

Provided that the refugee is able to support him/herself and provide accommodation for the additional family members i.e. no welfare support.

The Refugees/Economic Migrants in question walked into somebody elses Country and made demands,which were met against the majority of the German peoples wishes,and now you expect them to support themselves, and not claim financial handouts in the first instance,Oh dear Simple one! Mrs Merkel will be proud of you,if no one else will !

But worse than that another Eu disaster in the making ! much worse than the Greece Default,and the other Bankrupts! sucking the Union dry.

Border control of EU countries was not enforced in accordance with the Dublin Agreement, yet many blame the refugees. EU & other countries were knowledgeable of the build up of pressure e.g. countries bordering Syria for a number of years, yet dramatically failed in funding and resourcing services to process & contain the refugees and of course addressing root causes. Though one can critique Turkish policy, I see little or no acknowledgement that Turkey, as a sample host country, has spent US$5 billion on refugees residing on it's territory.

As far as I know Merkel never 'invited' economic refugees only those from war zones, this in itself I agree was an error of judgement. IMO the better policy to follow is similar to the Oz government, only admit those positively vetted in situ after being registered with UNHCR, with an agreed annual intake taking into account infrastructure and services for integration programs; in the meantime actually delivering on agreed funding for UNHCR & NGO services. I believe it was reported mid 2015, the waiting period for new refugees for assessment within Turkey was up to seven years, contributed to by under funding and insufficient resources that was / is a contributing factor for the flow of refugees into Europe.

An example of under funding...

The UN humanitarian appeal for Syrian refugees is, according to Amnesty International, only 40 per cent funded. This means that the most vulnerable Syrian refugees in Lebanon receive about £1 a day in food assistance.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/refugee-crisis-western-promises-of-help-are-insufficient-as-millions-of-refugees-face-bleak-winter-a6720261.html

Edited by simple1

That is the lemon next to the pie. Wait until 2030, when all extended family members have arrived to claim their "jizya"(tax infidels must pay to their islamic masters) or welfare as Europeans call it. It is probably illegal to show the estimated cost of this, and after a weeks suspension it's not worth it, the info is out there for anyone interested. Their block votes against the divided caucazoid votes will also yield surprising results for the left, females and homosexuals at the same time.

There will be no "extended family members", if at all, family means spouse and children, that's it.

Liked the European notion in your post, though.

Why should ANY family members be allowed to join them? They abandoned them to a fate they did not want to accept themselves- b****y cowards. Either they should have travelled together, or they should be treated as separate individuals and put into separate camps. Put them together and they will be popping out new babies as fast as possible for the western states to support.

Why are our so called leaders so stupid that they can't see what they are doing with their moronic strategy of taking them into Europe, instead of supporting them in Turkey at a fraction of the price they will cost in Euro, plus no social disruption in Euro?

Is Merkel "outlining" how she is destroying the fabric of her own country? I would guess not.

Art. 6 of the German Constitution protects marriage and family. So, legally there is no choice. Emotionally, everybody has the right to think that refugees should not be together with their spouses and children (I know, I know, no refugees but invaders an' all).

Regarding the high percentage of young males among the refugees: I guess, in most cases it's an economic decision. The family (read: Daddy) decided that the most suitable candidate of the family, usually a son, has to make the journey to support the rest of the family. Sounds strange to us, as we would probably bring the most vulnerable of our family into safety. But economically it makes sense. I doubt that it was easy for these young men to leave their family behind in a war situation. They certainly did not volunteer for that.

That brings us to the number of spouses and children that we can expect to see arriving in Germany. Right now, there are only estimates and none of these estimates are substantiated by reliable facts and figures. But looking at the age of the young men, I doubt that many of them already have wives and children. So, again, no reason to panic. There will be fewer people than we suspect.

And I completely and totally agree, that the refugees should have been supported in the countries they first fled to. I have no idea how the UNHCR could run out of funds. I hope that teaches us a lesson. Give UNHCR the money they need and everybody wins. Out of personal experience I know that they are highly professional and they know what they are doing.

The legal situation in Germany is rather clear: "family" means closest family members, i.e. spouse and under age children.

Exceptions are possible, but attempts to bring in further family members prove difficult (i.e. close to impossible).

I do not know whether that violates international law, e.g. the Refugee Convention. I guess we have to wait for someone to sue and see how the courts (maybe even in Strasbourg) see it. But right now it is clearly established: just the "core family".

Most of the time, outside of the country where they are being resettled, the 'core family' would include all members of the household. The situation arises, for example, that the minor children of a deceased relative are living with the family. The child is not legally adopted, but culturally, it is a custom for the family to care for the child. He would be allowed, under most circumstances, to go with the rest of the family.

The same thing happens with household members who may be disabled.

The situation in Europe is a little different because they have generally already arrived. But just like the West, they do have anomalies and 'blended' families.

Most of the time, outside of the country where they are being resettled, the 'core family' would include all members of the household. The situation arises, for example, that the minor children of a deceased relative are living with the family. The child is not legally adopted, but culturally, it is a custom for the family to care for the child. He would be allowed, under most circumstances, to go with the rest of the family.

The same thing happens with household members who may be disabled.

The situation in Europe is a little different because they have generally already arrived. But just like the West, they do have anomalies and 'blended' families.

Probably examples where also German authorities might be willing to grant respective visas. Problem being: how to prove such extraordinary situations? And even if there was paperwork done: as my late parents once told me, it is not uncommon that documents get lost in the time of war. I'd say that it depends on numbers. If there are some very extraordinary and believable cases here and there, they will probably be handled generously. If suddenly everyone claims to have adopted a dozen children even that might change. But again, I do not see millions of family members waiting to invade and take over Europe.

Merkels fellow frau paying the price for her short sightedness already, what will it be like next new years eve when there's another million. Worthy of it's own thread I think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35231046

And, of course, this line: "The justice minister warned against linking the crimes to the issue of migrants and refugees."

Merkel and her cronies will probably arrest and imprison anybody that does do so.

This stupidity and arrogance of Merkel is not to beat.
She has fully lost touch with her own electoral base.
I really know nobody, who finds her refugee policy good.
There is a very great dissatisfaction among the German people.
The next election she will not win.

Temporary residence for real war refugees in manageable quantities: yes
But unlimited migration policy through the back door with a permanent right of residence: no

Germany itself has more than 2,5 million unemployed.
In Germany there are definitely no jobs for non-german speaking, unskilled illiterate.

The lifeline is technology, education, industry, inventiveness and not sheep and goat herding.
The consequential damage will be huge: financially, economically and socially.
A foretaste scored already in Cologne, Stuttgart and Hamburg with a variety of sexual assaults and thefts.

Thank you Merkel.

Edited by tomacht8