The Phony Farang Syndrome Revised

TuskegeeBen

I defer that group as The_Phony_Farangs_

@OP: why do you use underscores instead of hyphens? This is what computer programmers do.

I use underscores for PHP, Java and Javascript, and hyphens for CSS.

Some programmers also use underscores when naming folders and images.

I doubt it. Any Thai that has the English language proficiency to keep up with all the jargon, banter, and whimsical comments on here would likely be of the opinion that we (TVF members) are mostly scum and wouldnt bother keeping up with our opinions about TH or anything else.

Projection is never far away....I will give you mine.

Any thai that has.............be of the opinion that....... there are alot of things wrong in our country but as most of the foreigners living here are not united because of lack of moral compass, change is not gonna come from them !

Thais are unified? Is that why theyve been living under military rule for two years? Never known em to ask foreigners for guidance anyway.

So the Asians living in the USA are better than Americans because of their solidarity? How much do you understand about the USA? Do you know one of the mottos of the USA is "E Pluribus Unum?" It's on the currency. What do you understand that to mean?

That is because they might think all "ferangs" are the same.

Americans are by far superior in every respect to other Farangs Jealousy among other Farangs make them critical to Americans tongue.png

There is as much difference between 'farangs' , as there are differences among Asians

and there are as much solidarity among 'Farangs' as there is among Asians

Americans are superior? Huh? Can you explain to me, how you arrived at that phenomenal conclusion? Asians (Thais included) are the most successful people, in OZ, the UK and the USA. The prevailing level of solidarity among the Asians, is now legendary, throughout the western world. I can cite a few examples, if you'd like.

We have superior observation skills,

For instance an American would have immediately spotted the tongues in Cheek simile after the statement.

Me thinks you take your self way too serioussmile.png

I think the OP is thinking too deeply. Why can't he accept that the majority of posters on ThaiVisa are grumpy old men. In their youthful years they went on protest marches or demonstrations or strike. With our failing legs we are no longer able to totter in the same militant fashion, so we take to the keyboards. Here we can offer the wisdom of age and present our beliefs that have become entrenched over the years. I love a good argument so long as I don't have to leave the house.

Why would anyone want to display solidarity with every other farang in Thailand?

A large proportion of them are people I'd rather have as little to do with as possible.

The only Farangs I would want nothing to do with are the drunks, and unfortunately there are too many of them.

Is this just an extreme version of the old 'I bet you don't even live in Thailand' nonsense? Some people will believe all sorts of things rather than accept the idea that some of their peers don't think much of their opinions.

I don't care how many posters don't like my opinions, I accept other peoples opinion and expect them to accept mine, but when they become abusive, they can be thankful they are hiding behind their keyboard and not sitting next to me.

I disagree with the OP when he criticises posters for using the report button, that's the reason why it's there, it is the only protection we have against the cowards who abuse you knowing you cannot hit back.

Was prepared to give it a chance, but it seems this is no more than a TROLL Post, designed for 'reaction".

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

CLOSED