New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

The Ford Focus Ecoboost officially launches next month at the motor show.

It is confirmed we'll get the 1.5L turbo with 180HP/240Nm, and that it will also be E85 compatible. It is also anticipated to fall under the 150g/KM CO2 threshold, which means 25% excise tax - i.e. 10% less tax than the outgoing 2.0L

Would be nice if we were getting the 2.3 AWD RS.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a good review on the Civic. Search You Tube.....{2016 Honda Civic Review and Road Test.DETAILED in 4K UDH}. Should it get here no doubt they will leave bits off,like Ford do. At least the Mazda 3 aint stripped of its world wide features here. Nice balanced Review , worth a peek imo.thumbsup.gif

For a good review on the Civic. Search You Tube.....{2016 Honda Civic Review and Road Test.DETAILED in 4K UDH}. Should it get here no doubt they will leave bits off,like Ford do. At least the Mazda 3 aint stripped of its world wide features here. Nice balanced Review , worth a peek imo.thumbsup.gif

Have to wait to see what is dropped...not sure I'd want lane keeping assist, especially if I can't turn it off. Most of the time I can manage to stay in the lane lol. I thought autos made drivers lazy...but some of these gizmos take the biscuit.

It is confirmed we'll get the 1.5L turbo with 180HP/240Nm, and that it will also be E85 compatible. It is also anticipated to fall under the 150g/KM CO2 threshold, which means 25% excise tax - i.e. 10% less tax than the outgoing 2.0L

Even the ST would be nice - it's 100 HP down on the RS, but that still makes it 250HP :)

Even the ST would be nice - it's 100 HP down on the RS, but that still makes it 250HP smile.png

and in the UK, the ST is not a lot more than the top model 1.5L turbo....I don't recall the difference though.

Honda TH have gone on record with their plans for turbo engines, across the range over the coming years.

As for other options, as noted the Focus 1.5L ecoboost launches in March.

And the 0-60 on that is?

No idea. It does 0-100km/hr in mid 8's though.

Too slow.. Civic does it in 6.5

No-one at the launch event was able to log a 0-100 time less than 9 seconds. A few couldn't get it to go faster than 10's.

The honda 1.5 can run 8's in the US. Different fuel?...fresh engine? Hotter temps here? Either way, the sylphy turbo is faster in a straight line (low 8's). Hope the pricing on the honda isn't silly. Most Thais seem happy with the old 1.8 and most would probably still buy the new one with this 10 yr old engine.

Edited by DavisH

The honda 1.5 can run 8's in the US. Different fuel?...fresh engine? Hotter temps here? Either way, the sylphy turbo is faster in a straight line (low 8's). Hope the pricing on the honda isn't silly. Most Thais seem happy with the old 1.8 and most would probably still buy the new one with this 10 yr old engine.

Different engine tune. The US version runs at 1.15 bar boost, the Thai version runs 1.00 bar boost. Reason cited: fuel quality differences.

Different engine tune. The US version runs at 1.15 bar boost, the Thai version runs 1.00 bar boost. Reason cited: fuel quality differences.

So do we get the Tubo or not, that Thai test told me FA,no one spoke. If they did it would be about Cup Holders,Speaker Size and Trunk Space.sad.png

So do we get the Tubo or not, that Thai test told me FA,no one spoke. If they did it would be about Cup Holders,Speaker Size and Trunk Space.sad.png

It's turbo time, and it'll be called the RS

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/866252/honda-civic-to-go-turbo-in-thailand

It's turbo time, and it'll be called the RS

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/866252/honda-civic-to-go-turbo-in-thailand

Ford would be hating that but then realise it is Thailand and is not worth taking to court over.

Honda TH have gone on record with their plans for turbo engines, across the range over the coming years.

As for other options, as noted the Focus 1.5L ecoboost launches in March.

And the 0-60 on that is?

No idea. It does 0-100km/hr in mid 8's though.

Too slow.. Civic does it in 6.5

No-one at the launch event was able to log a 0-100 time less than 9 seconds. A few couldn't get it to go faster than 10's.

This is not good considering it's doing it in 7 seconds on the U.S model.. My shitty Ford fiesta sport is doing it in 9.3 seconds , so I'm now considering not buying the new civic as it's under Tuned compared to the U.S model.. Anyone know if you can chip the engine to give it more power?? If you can I'll buy it..

So what will happen if I tune it to 1.15 Boost here in Thailand.. Will I get the same power as the U.S model?

So what will happen if I tune it to 1.15 Boost here in Thailand.. Will I get the same power as the U.S model?

From what I can tell, the power ratings look the same. You could probably get more out of it - wait till the tuners get hold of it. But how much will the cvt take? The nissan sylphy already has almost 20HP and 20NM more torque and less than a million baht. And still that's not less than 8 seconds for 0-100.

Possibly, but if you're going to void the warranty, why stop at 1.15 bar? ;)

A performance CVT!!? Go grandma!

Ford must be pissing themselves

Nissan too - the Sylphy Turbo is also faster than the Civic RS. Another two C-seg turbo models to compare to might be just what Nissan needs to wake up sales..

Possibly, but if you're going to void the warranty, why stop at 1.15 bar? wink.png

Cause at 1.2 bar it will prolly split a cylinder whistling.gif

So how has the 2016 Civic Turbo moved on ?

1980 1.5 Turbo did 0-60 [0-100] in 8 seconds.. also known in the UK as the Triumph Acclaim Turbo..

also back then there was the City with the Turbo [Hot hatch in it day] and 7.9 sec 0-60

few years later was different models of the Rover Turbo, re-badged Honda's. [Honda engines, gearboxes and body]

Edited by ignis

So how has the 2016 Civic Turbo moved on ?

1980 1.5 Turbo did 0-60 [0-100] in 8 seconds.. also known in the UK as the Triumph Acclaim Turbo..

also back then there was the City with the Turbo [Hot hatch in it day] and 7.9 sec 0-60

few years later was different models of the Rover Turbo, re-badged Honda's. [Honda engines, gearboxes and body]

post-186594-0-44416100-1455674792_thumb.

This is not good considering it's doing it in 7 seconds on the U.S model.. My shitty Ford fiesta sport is doing it in 9.3 seconds , so I'm now considering not buying the new civic as it's under Tuned compared to the U.S model.. Anyone know if you can chip the engine to give it more power?? If you can I'll buy it..

What happened to 6.5?