PM brushes aside planned protest by ex- Pheu Thai MPs over Shinawatra calendar seizure

webfact

PM brushes aside planned protest by ex- Pheu Thai MPs over calendar seizure

39-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has brushed aside a planned petition from some former Pheu Thai MPs to protest against the military seizure of about a dozen of calendars featuring former prime ministers Thaksin and Yingluck Shinawatra’s images in Khon Kaen on Monday.

He said that there was no need for such petition and he would not respond to it. Hitting back at those who made and distributed the calendars, he questioned their motive and asked whether it was appropriate to publicise the image of a fugitive.

Without naming name, the prime minister also challenged Thaksin to return home “if he thinks he is innocent”.

Asked by a reporter whether it was appropriate for Ms Yingluck to be featured in the calendars with the fugitive, the prime minister evaded the question by asking the media to direct the question with the former prime minister.

Regarding the unrest situation in the Deep South, the prime minister said that the situation had improved satisfactorily with the Defence Ministry taking charge of overseeing the situation over there.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-brushes-aside-planned-protest-by-ex-pheu-thai-mps-over-calendar-seizure

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-06

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister gave me a family calendar for the new year and no gestapo came and confiscated it , although I admit she isn't in Thailand , on the face of it you could be inclined to think that the Shinawatra family are being victimized and you might be right , it seems frivolous action from an Administration that has more important things to do , like improving the water supply , solving or finding a solution for the southern border region, both problems need long term planning which has been lacking for some decades , having a fugitive on a calendar is different, but if these calendars are free who cares , you can always buy a set of darts...................................coffee1.gif .

My sister gave me a family calendar for the new year and no gestapo came and confiscated it , although I admit she isn't in Thailand , on the face of it you could be inclined to think that the Shinawatra family are being victimized and you might be right , it seems frivolous action from an Administration that has more important things to do , like improving the water supply , solving or finding a solution for the southern border region, both problems need long term planning which has been lacking for some decades , having a fugitive on a calendar is different, but if these calendars are free who cares , you can always buy a set of darts...................................coffee1.gif .

The junta and (their backers) can live with the southern insurrection and the drought (and it's consequences for the rural population) because neither directly affect them. The calendar, however trivial it may seem, is a direct manifestation of the fact that a significant proportion of the people, maybe a majority don't support them. Worse they support the government (elected) they have replaced. This they cannot live with, it directly affects them.

Return home to article 44 where a Facebook like or mocking a dog gets you jailed?

Thaksin will outlive this thug.

See you in The Hague sunshine your days are numbered

Pray tell, you have an appointment with PM Prayut in The Hague?

As for the rest, well Thaksin seems to like propaganda, even more so than the current government.

Thaksin is a polarizing figure for sure. But love him or hate him, and whether you think he is innocent, or guilty; would you be confident that anybody, accused of any crime in Thailand, could actually return to this country and receive a 'fair' trial under the Thai justice system? The entire society is so riddled with cronyism, nepotism, corruption, acts of revenge, etc., only the most naive would place any trust in it.

Seize the trouble makers, e.g Yingy and co, put them in jail and feed them a bowl of rice and water once every two days.

The supporters of the proxy Thaksin Governments, will do what ever they can to disrupt Thailand and the Thai people, they have no problem killing in the streets and burning down shopping centers.

They are more subversive and violent than the junta will ever be!!!!!

Thaksin is a polarizing figure for sure. But love him or hate him, and whether you think he is innocent, or guilty; would you be confident that anybody, accused of any crime in Thailand, could actually return to this country and receive a 'fair' trial under the Thai justice system? The entire society is so riddled with cronyism, nepotism, corruption, acts of revenge, etc., only the most naive would place any trust in it.

Point taken but don't forget he did get a fair trial in regard to his conviction and 2 year jail sentence for serious abuse of authority. The evidence was well displayed that he had broken the law, and the case heard and his conviction happened when he was in the PM seat.

Plus there has been plenty of details floating around which seem to be pretty solid in regard to many of the charges for corruption / massive corruption. But of course innocent until proved guilty.

And don't forget the 18 year jail terms handed down recently to the KT bank seniors for corruption, the paymaster was clearly the mastermind of this 'event'.

Point taken but don't forget he did get a fair trial in regard to his conviction and 2 year jail sentence for serious abuse of authority. The evidence was well displayed that he had broken the law, and the case heard and his conviction happened when he was in the PM seat.

Plus there has been plenty of details floating around which seem to be pretty solid in regard to many of the charges for corruption / massive corruption. But of course innocent until proved guilty.

And don't forget the 18 year jail terms handed down recently to the KT bank seniors for corruption, the paymaster was clearly the mastermind of this 'event'.

It's amusing to hear your score card on the long gone TS.

How about the juntas?

Is their armed seizing and overthrow of an elected democracy a crime ?

What of the arrests of people on Facebook ?

Some for simply ""liking a post"

The attitude adjustment camps

Jail sentences

Fear & and oppression.

Where's your"little scorecard "" on those eh?

You know cowards exist in all sections of society but the public front of some here are hard to watch.

Gutless people propping up a force that allows elite companies to bully children .

Rob freedoms .

Make people subjected to fear and demand servitude .

Shallow little men .

Some with avatars of boys .

Haunt sites promoting human rights abusers.

Shame

make calendars for the king, because thats thainess. and when the thaksin shinawatra supporters show up with their traitorous calender's put them all in jail, then show them sympathy, but keep the leaders in jail.

You seem happy to live in a country without free of speech....

Seize the trouble makers, e.g Yingy and co, put them in jail and feed them a bowl of rice and water once every two days.

The supporters of the proxy Thaksin Governments, will do what ever they can to disrupt Thailand and the Thai people, they have no problem killing in the streets and burning down shopping centers.

They are more subversive and violent than the junta will ever be!!!!!

"They are more subversive and violent than the junta will ever be!!!!!"

Ah, a blind fortune teller. Blind to what's going on today and a fortune teller because you know what the junta, with their increasingly paranoid mindset, will do in the future.

Bad combination....coffee1.gif

Return home to article 44 where a Facebook like or mocking a dog gets you jailed?

As for the rest, well Thaksin seems to like propaganda, even more so than the current government.

Ah yes Rubi, but he doesn't have to even say anything, the present government(?) is always bringing his name into the news!

Whose fault is that then ?

Any way have a nice day, and keep supporting your team

I'm sure that between the PTP and the red shirts they could scrape up 12 criminals and make a lovely 12 month calendar. Just like public holidays being highlighted on calanders they could also add the criminals court dates.

How about the juntas?

Jail sentences

Fear & and oppression.

You know cowards exist in all sections of society but the public front of some here are hard to watch.

Gutless people propping up a force that allows elite companies to bully children .

Rob freedoms .

Shallow little men .

Shame

I was replying to a specific point.

I have said many times before that the law should be applied equally to all, regardless of affiliation, color or whatever.

I have also commented many times before in very negative terms about Thai companies getting away with serious crimes against the best interests of all Thais. Same in regard to human rights abusers.

Etc...

Edited by scorecard

You think the Hague, presumably the ICJ, are remotely interested? Do do some research occasionally. Stop your pro Shin posts being so ludicrous.

Now, the ICJ might be interested in resurrecting those Human Rights violations carried out by a former PM turned criminal fugitive. And perhaps some of his more recent activities.

How about the juntas?

Jail sentences

Fear & and oppression.

Rob freedoms .

Shallow little men .

Shame

I was replying to a specific point.

I have said many times before that the law should be applied equally to all, regardless of affiliation, color or whatever.

I have also commented many times before in very negative terms about Thai companies getting away with serious crimes against the best interests of all Thais. Same in regard to human rights abusers.

Etc...

Don't waste your time on him. He's a Shin poster boy. He will never ever answer a question about the Shin. He will simply come back with "but, but, but the Junta, the coup etc

Come on Plutojames88 show me wrong. Answer these questions:

Is Thaksin's conviction correct, in accordance with the law?

Did he appeal the verdict?

Did he try to bribe the judges?

Did he abscond whilst on bail and break his promise to return?

Is Thaksin afraid of the other outstanding criminal cases despite his claim to be totally innocent of anything ever?

Should he stand trial In Absentia for the charges in the Krungthai Bank case in which other defendants have been convicted and sentenced? (He brings legal charges in absentia when it suits).

Should he stand trial in all the other outstanding charges and clear his name, if he can, once and for all?

Of course, if he returns he will have to face the prison sentence he never appealed, and charges relating to jumping bail too.

On the other side of the political balance scales is Chitpas Kridakorn, up on sedition charges for her role in the PRDC protests, who is allowed to openly distribute her calendars with no comment from the NCPO.

attachicon.gifCX2JChBUkAA_eMy.jpg

Has she been found guilty of anything yet?

As opposed to a criminal fugitive and his disgraced sister.

"Pray tell, you have an appointment with PM Prayut in The Hague?"

If he did, I'd take a bet on you saying that it wasn't an official invite, it was on the wrong type paper, didn't have a letterhead and was just from a private individual, all the while taking up pages of posts to do so.................

Edited by thelonius

Corrupt ?

Thaksin ?

Sure......

But who isn't?

The proposal that if your not approving of this Junta you are therefore a Shin fan ...is so worn out.

As you month by month beat this drum increasingly others see the junta in a bad light.

Rather than waste my time on Thaksin .

I will say this.

He managed to maintain high economic growth.

Sometimes 7%

Now it's low.

Neighbours are beating Thailand in the region.

What I will say if you opened a door and handed me a base ball bat and inside were both Thaksin and the general tied and gagged.

And you said either kill both or free both.

What do you think I would do?

That's something you can consider when you read my level of disdain for this parasites holding Thailand hostage.

And its about time you grew up and accepted corruption in Thailand isn't confined to TS.

Daily this general commits crimes on the populace.

I am an advocate for sanctions .

And long for the day these hijackers are brought to justice.

Meanwhile get over TS and open your eyes to the human rights abuses at hand.

At least Thaksin did some good with the poor unlike this A hole

Edited by Plutojames88

"Pray tell, you have an appointment with PM Prayut in The Hague?"

If he did, I'd take a bet on you saying that it wasn't an official invite, it was on the wrong type paper, didn't have a letterhead and was just from a private individual, all the while taking up pages of posts to do so.................

If Plutojames88 said he had an appointment with PM Prayut in the Hague I would be tempted to call him a liar.

Of course, most will understand that PJ88 was trying to insinuate that maybe someone should ask the ICC in the Hague to put PM Prayut on trial.

BTW awfully quiet about the request from the UDD filed by Amsterdam c.s. I know it was hardly five years ago on the 31st of January 2011 and the ICC is really busy with real cases. Do you think they lost the dossier?

Edited by rubl

Quote Without naming name, the prime minister also challenged Thaksin to return home “if he thinks he is innocent”. unquote. "The Night Of The Long Knives"??? Come forth Caesar where art thou?

Ah yes Rubi, but he doesn't have to even say anything, the present government(?) is always bringing his name into the news!

Whose fault is that then ?

Any way have a nice day, and keep supporting your team

Ah, but he did something and some here even call him a master at propaganda. From afar of course, because of his love for the country and its people.

I guess the old chap is getting impatient and after having been gone for seven and a half years must fear people start to forget him if he doesn't keep himself in the 'picture' at times.

Edited by rubl

Corrupt ?

Thaksin ?

Sure......

But who isn't?

The proposal that if your not approving of this Junta you are therefore a Shin fan ...is so worn out.

As you month by month beat this drum increasingly others see the junta in a bad light.

Rather than waste my time on Thaksin .

I will say this.

He managed to maintain high economic growth.

Sometimes 7%

Now it's low.

Neighbours are beating Thailand in the region.

What I will say if you opened a door and handed me a base ball bat and inside were both Thaksin and the general tied and gagged.

And you said either kill both or free both.

What do you think I would do?

That's something you can consider when you read my level of disdain for this parasites holding Thailand hostage.

And its about time you grew up and accepted corruption in Thailand isn't confined to TS.

Daily this general commits crimes on the populace.

I am an advocate for sanctions .

And long for the day these hijackers are brought to justice.

Meanwhile get over TS and open your eyes to the human rights abuses at hand.

At least Thaksin did some good with the poor unlike this A hole

"Daily this general commits crimes on the populace."

Really? Tjeez, who would have thought. No wonder you want an appointment in the Hague.

Quote Without naming name, the prime minister also challenged Thaksin to return home “if he thinks he is innocent”. unquote. "The Night Of The Long Knives"??? Come forth Caesar where art thou?

So why didn't he come back when Pheu-Thai were in power ?. He would have been guaranteed a more than fair trial then for all his outstanding warrants.

I think you know the reason as well as I do : because he is guilty. That's why amnesty is the only option - no matter how many die in the quest.

On the other side of the political balance scales is Chitpas Kridakorn, up on sedition charges for her role in the PRDC protests, who is allowed to openly distribute her calendars with no comment from the NCPO.

attachicon.gifCX2JChBUkAA_eMy.jpg

Has she been found guilty of anything yet?

As opposed to a criminal fugitive and his disgraced sister.

Not much chance of her being found guilty is there, considering that her criminal organisation was established & supported by the guys in power now?