Visa run report Kuala Lumpur (FAILED)

I have a retirement visa which was issued in my home country in January last year. From what I have learnt on here..this was my cheapest option to extend it by 12 mths via immigration at the Thai airport

If you have OA visa you will get new one year entry when you return to Thailand. It is not an extension.

Just be sure you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

You can do the out and back trip to KLwithout a problem.

I never had any problems in KL when I was doing tourist visas, never had a problem now doing business visas. I have even accompanied friends to do visa runs (cause I can catch up with other friends there) and never a problem. I would say it's more to do with where you are from to why they are asking so many questions and wanting so much information.

Question, if just doing a KL 30 day turnaround (fly in, fly back to Thailand,new 30 day stamp) on arrival KL do you have to clear immigration in KL or can you use just the transit exit?

You should enter and depart Malaysia. Otherwise your out and back is not legit because you have no proof you entered another country.

Not correct. You only have to prove you left Thailand (proof is your exit stamp). I live in Singapore and never get my passport stamped. There is no way Thai Immigration can see that I have "entered a new country", even though I have.

I've seen them deny people at Maesai, who never paid the 500 thb and entered Myanmar.

This post has me concerned. I am doing a one day visa run to KL in a couple of weeks.

I have an Australian passport and am looking to extend my retirement visa. Travelling alone.

My plan was to arrive and depart the same day ( returning to Thailand ).

Will I be able to get a visa on arrival , exit immigration and stay within the airport precinct and then re-enter via immigration and get the necessary Malaysian visa stamp in my passport ???

Thanks...

I have made Many Visa Runs to get a yearly new "O" Married Visa.... As THE KL Embassy website clearly states >>>

You Go to the Embassy in the MORNING and Apply,

Leave your passport and Return the NEXT DAY in the MORNING to pick it up.

CHECK The KL Embassy website for the correct Hours !!!

You can NOT Just fly in and expect to Fly out the SAME Day !!!

CS

Just to update on my original post (will make a proper report post as well) - went to Penang, got the visas, although not completely without complications. When applying no documents beyond application form, passport and photos were requested as advised here on forum, but when I went to collect the next day, me and my GF were asked proof for onward flight from Thailand and hotel booking for the whole stay. Thankfully no idiotic requests about employment or bank balance. After careful examination visas were granted but I was scolded for not submitting the documents in the first place.

Edited by LatvianAce

Question, if just doing a KL 30 day turnaround (fly in, fly back to Thailand,new 30 day stamp) on arrival KL do you have to clear immigration in KL or can you use just the transit exit?

I have to update my remark before on an experience of a friend before .., when you go to transit in KUL they will only allow you if you have a ticket (for example austalia -phuket) with transit stop in kul. If you have 2 tickets (australia - kul) (Kul - Phuket) they will send you from transit first to immigration for a in and out stamp !

so phuket KUL go and return = 2 tickets.

remark, it was in LCCT.. but probably same in new KUL

This post has me concerned. I am doing a one day visa run to KL in a couple of weeks.

I have an Australian passport and am looking to extend my retirement visa. Travelling alone.

My plan was to arrive and depart the same day ( returning to Thailand ).

Will I be able to get a visa on arrival , exit immigration and stay within the airport precinct and then re-enter via immigration and get the necessary Malaysian visa stamp in my passport ???

Thanks...

I have made Many Visa Runs to get a yearly new "O" Married Visa.... As THE KL Embassy website clearly states >>>

You Go to the Embassy in the MORNING and Apply,

Leave your passport and Return the NEXT DAY in the MORNING to pick it up.

CHECK The KL Embassy website for the correct Hours !!!

You can NOT Just fly in and expect to Fly out the SAME Day !!!

CS

This is a classic case of confusion caused by not using the correct terminology.

The poster has an existing OA visa that has not expired. He wishes to do an out/in entry, prior to expiry, to receive another 12-month entry in Thailand. His concern is whether he will be able to enter Malaysia without a visa, exit and return to Thailand the same day. For almost all nationalities, this is no problem. The poster has no intention of asking for a new visa for Thailand.

• 1 month later...