British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this report on Rachael Gissing's facebook page, shes the one that organized the appeal for funds to get Luke back home:

This report was just before Luke's untimely death and is dated 27th Dec 2015

Yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up in ‘The Sunset Beach Bar’ on Ko Tao. What happened is unacceptable. Here is the story.

This all happened so quickly. I was – and still am – so shocked about this event. I could see it was not a fight with other tourists, but that it were people from the staff. Whatever my friend did, I was thinking at that moment, no one ever deserves to be beaten up like this. I talked to other customers afterwards, and they too were shocked by the severe cruel approach. It really looked like they wanted to kill my friend. Not just one push or one punch on the nose, but they were continuously hitting my poor friend who was sitting on the floor like a foetus, his hands on his head, trying to protect his face.

You can read the full report here, scary............

http://www.planelesstravellers.com/travel/yesterday-night-my-friend-davy-got-beaten-up-in-the-sunset-beach-bar-in-koh-tao-what-happened-is-unaceptable-here-is-the-story/

It give a one finger salute to the waitress and takes a good beating in return. Well !.
There is anyway a problem with the education of some young British people who believe any permit and behave like a conquered country. Their parents had to elevate them to the way of the majority of arrogant comments can be read here.

I found this report on Rachael Gissing's facebook page, shes the one that organized the appeal for funds to get Luke back home:

Yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up in ‘The Sunset Beach Bar’ on Ko Tao. What happened is unacceptable. Here is the story.

This all happened so quickly. I was – and still am – so shocked about this event. I could see it was not a fight with other tourists, but that it were people from the staff. Whatever my friend did, I was thinking at that moment, no one ever deserves to be beaten up like this. I talked to other customers afterwards, and they too were shocked by the severe cruel approach. It really looked like they wanted to kill my friend. Not just one push or one punch on the nose, but they were continuously hitting my poor friend who was sitting on the floor like a foetus, his hands on his head, trying to protect his face.

http://www.planelesstravellers.com/travel/yesterday-night-my-friend-davy-got-beaten-up-in-the-sunset-beach-bar-in-koh-tao-what-happened-is-unaceptable-here-is-the-story/

I rest my case

if that had happened on Koh Tao they'd have been found on the beach after going rock climbing and falling and drowned all confirmed by the local coroner

True. Perhaps the fracas Hannah had in the AC Bar had a similar effect on the locals. It makes much more sense than 2 illegal immigrants who had been in Thailand for a while, got drunk and horny one night so they both decided to spontaneously murder 2 customers on their boss's property.

not an idiot, he is just a guy here on holiday and doesn't understand the dangers, I saw the same thing happen when a guy complained about getting a warm beer, and the beer was warm like it had never been in a fridge and he wasn't nasty about it, beaten with clubs and pool cues, the falrang owner of the bar stood and watched

It give a one finger salute to the waitress and takes a good beating in return. Well !.

There is anyway a problem with the education of some young British people who believe any permit and behave like a conquered country. Their parents had to elevate them to the way of the majority of arrogant comments can be read here.

Yet again coming to the defense of Thais no matter what the circumstance. Apologist confirmed.

Anyone else notice the pattern with all of the Koh Tao shills and the stance they take on every other assault and murder against foreigners? They never put the blame on Thailand for anything no matter how far it goes therefore they cannot be trusted for an unbiased discussion on any crimes that happen in Thailand.

I rest my case

I wonder was Luke one of people that came to his aid ?

and this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/886548-party-mafia-blamed-for-gunplay-on-full-moon-party-island/

Edited by smedly

We used to get blokes turn up for work after a weekend looking like they had a good kicking. Never was due to violence. Falling into bushes, storm drains, down steps etc. One bloke had two black eyes and stitches in a nasty gash on his forehead. He tripped and caught his head on the edge of a kerbstone, luckily someone found him and got medical attention. So, can it happen innocently? Definitely.

Could they have negotiated a tower and barbed wire in such a stupefied state?

and totally on their own, alone, at the place that is not the place where accommodated, all after 5,30 am?

We used to get blokes turn up for work after a weekend looking like they had a good kicking. Never was due to violence. Falling into bushes, storm drains, down steps etc. One bloke had two black eyes and stitches in a nasty gash on his forehead. He tripped and caught his head on the edge of a kerbstone, luckily someone found him and got medical attention. So, can it happen innocently? Definitely.

and totally on their own, alone, at the place that is not the place where accommodated, all after 5,30 am?

Has nobody else noticed that all of these deaths of young people on Koh Tao are with the victims being alone and with no witnesses? Also never once has there been any CCTV showing any of these accidents. They are always found dead by some workman the next day hours later. Where are their friends, other tourists, locals at the time of the incident?

From the above 27 DEC2015 posting:

A few tall male customers see what is happening and try to get the aggressive people away from Davy.

This is a photo of the late Mr. Miller on the left:

and the guy on the right is taller...so it must of been him she was writing about?....is this what you're trying to imply? i don't get it?

Edited by frank83628

To summarize the yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up...

You were drinking. On Koh Tao. After 11 pm. Then you decided to keep drinking. Buckets. Pool. <incident occurs>. Then you hear there might be "mafia" on the island. Then you Google.

Wow! These people must be geniuses!!!

Two of Lukes friends who he was with have now returned safely to the UK, but this is far from over.

Nichola Gissing They hate us over there, land of smiles my ass. Land of snakes and murderers, Mafia, rapists and corruption, we couldn't even go to the British embassy in Bangkok because certain members not I won't mention names right now are being paid off!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1695729067325810/

Two of Lukes friends who he was with have now returned safely to the UK, but this is far from over.

Nichola Gissing They hate us over there, land of smiles my ass. Land of snakes and murderers, Mafia, rapists and corruption, we couldn't even go to the British embassy in Bangkok because certain members not I won't mention names right now are being paid off!!!

Bring it on. Let's hear from another person involved in another tragic death of a young tourist. Nobody can be accused of any speculation when it is coming from friends of the victims. Can't wait to hear more.

Who is willing to bet that they agree with any if the Koh Tao cheerleaders about anything or if they confirm all of the views of the 92%ers?

Some more nonsense posts have been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

now adam, did she really say that?

Has nobody else noticed that all of these deaths of young people on Koh Tao are with the victims being alone and with no witnesses? Also never once has there been any CCTV showing any of these accidents. They are always found dead by some workman the next day hours later. Where are their friends, other tourists, locals at the time of the incident?

Yes I made the very same comments the other day...No witnesses,no CCTV and always dead...never survive to tell the tale.....as I said...coincidence ?? No chance...Also it well known that a gang mentality exists with Thai guys and they don't confront anyone on there own and arrange back up and go mob handed...

Sorry I'm confused.

1. Adam??

2. Did she really say what? I copied a pasted her post. The links there

And here's a post from his sister Maria

Maria Mimi Miller This won't be swept under the carpet. . .guaranteed. if anything good is to come out of this crazy surreal nightmare then warning others and getting justice should be the way forward. That island needs all the bad publicity it can get. . .reducing the amount of holiday makers means reducing the money which means in time, the less power they have over everyone rendering then weak. There's so many many ways of getting the word out there and believe we should research each and every avenue. This can't happen again. . .I wouldn't wish this heartbreak on anyone. Xxxxx

Edited by jayjay78

Yes, she did!

post-56692-0-58733400-1452783419_thumb.p

It's sad that the young tourists realized the gruesome reality. After all fun such a tragedy! Yes, money plays a very important role in Thailand. I believe not only in Thailand but everywhere in the world. If you don't have money and got into a trouble you'll be destroyed. But if you have money you can get away with anything in Thailand, even murder.

I rest my case

She seems like a silly middle class girl who thinks she can travel to 3rd world countries and enjoy the lawlessness and then when things get ugly thinks the police are going to act like Juliet Bravo.

Isn't it strange that not one person who would actually be in a position to dispute the only version of events that has been reported, not one, has said anything?

Not one of the family and friends who are banging on about "justice" and "finding out what really happened" have made any indication of what the alternative sequence of events may have been. Not one.

Perhaps they know, not like the over-excitable ThaiVisa speculators having a field day based on nothing at all, that a drunk man drowned, accidentally?

Edited by Renrut

I rest my case

She seems like a silly middle class girl who thinks she can travel to 3rd world countries and enjoy the lawlessness and then when things get ugly thinks the police are going to act like Juliet Bravo.

I think people the world over should be allowed to go about their business without getting their face smashed in by some crazy scumbag..

The police, whether Juliet Bravo, SomChai, Poon, Dixon, Harry or what ever they are called should be upholding the law of the land, not upholding the rights of those that want to cause harm to others. .

Not much to ask is it ..

Does that make me "middle class" or silly?

Isn't it strange that not one person who would actually be in a position to dispute the only version of events that has been reported, not one, has said anything?

Not one of the family and friends who are banging on about "justice" and "finding out what really happened" have made any indication of what the alternative sequence of events may have been. Not one,

Perhaps a drunk man drowned, accidentally?

They said they didn't want to speak out ntil they were in safe territory - and who can blame them..

Now they are back in the UK lets see what comes out!

... and it wasn't on Koh Tao but some drunken tourist got killed after provoking some Thai musicians who didn't appreciate his and his son's hogging the microphone.

You are correct it was in Ao-Nang that the two Americans were assaulted, the father fately. Yet the Thais involved gave a complete bull- shit account of the events resulting in his murder. I believe the Thais were then granted bail, and now nearly three years later as far as I'm aware ,no trial has taken place.

I rest my case

I think people the world over should be allowed to go about their business without getting their face smashed in by some crazy scumbag..

The police, whether Juliet Bravo, SomChai, Poon, Dixon, Harry or what ever they are called should be upholding the law of the land, not upholding the rights of those that want to cause harm to others. .

Not much to ask is it ..

In general you are right but in this case someone wasn't "going about their business", he was giving the finger to a local in a bar. Your description "crazy scumbag" could probably be applied to him also.

According to the girl's story (which,remember, was actually the story related by the drunk lad who flipped-off the female bar tender, the girl did not witness the initial event) the police did uphold the law, she said the attacker was fined 10,000 baht. What part of that is upholding the rights of those who want to harm others?

I rest my case

Not much to ask is it ..

I also agree with you that people should be able to go about their business without getting their face smashed in. But that is not the point i was trying to get across.

If you want and expect first world justice and police systems then you would best to avoid 3rd world banana republics with world famous corrupt police forces and justice systems. Comprende?