British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

And I recommend you keep,your distance from this young lady too my man...There are many people on this forum who are considerably more intelligent and well versed in situations like this than you are and for sure haven't a vested interest in this Island.. I'm one of those people....The only thing I would agree with you is the condolences you gave to this Lady...Thank you...
You can continue to boast but you have no title to allow or deny the expression of others.
So I will continue to express myself freely even if it sometimes scratch your little ego.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I recommend you keep,your distance from this young lady too my man...There are many people on this forum who are considerably more intelligent and well versed in situations like this than you are and for sure haven't a vested interest in this Island.. I'm one of those people....The only thing I would agree with you is the condolences you gave to this Lady...Thank you...

You can continue to boast but you have no title to allow or deny the expression of others.

So I will continue to express myself freely even if it sometimes scratch your little ego.

You made a recommendation and so did I....your quite right I don't have any right to deny you your say...and neither do you !! And I don't have a ego..or a vested interest in Koh Tao..

If you look on his (Luke Miller) facebook page you will see he was travelling with his mate James Gissing. If you go to James' page you will see a picture posted of himself two days ago which says it all : living on the edge....

PS I'm not posting any links or the actual pictures.

Says it all.........what are you insinuating? Its his own fault? Instead of taking one photo out of context take a look at the bigger picture and head to Nichola Gissing facebook page where you'll see the other photos of a normal fun filled holiday that has been cut short tragically and until we have further information from the media which locally is being remarkably quiet on this, I think we should not make assumptons of his lifestyle as being the cause of this.

They may be good lads 99% of the time,but it only takes one act of stupidity,showing off,macho man style and it's all over.

Case solved then, the police already know what happened.

No witnesses to this, an assumption that he climbed onto a DJ booth because of similar wounds on his face that look similar to barbed wire which is apparently around the dj booth.

Another assumption he was heavily drunk because of cctv images but then a not sure about that so waiting for the autopsy from Surit Thani where ever that is, the mainland I believe.

So current story, he goes back to the resort alone drunk, climbs a dj booth that is protected by barbed wire then jumps off and slams his face into the swimming pool killing him all for the sake of what? No one there to show off his climbing and diving skills. Strange but could also be true.

Is a Thai autopsy fairly credible and accurate?

I hope the Brits will carry out an inquest on this.

Seems remarkably similar to Nick Pearson,Nick went rock climbing alone in the middle of the night, fell down a cliff all by himself, mortally wounded he dragged his own body to almost the same pool of water David Miller was found in.at an earlier date, the only difference in Nick's case is that his parents, who were on Koh Tao with him staunchly believe he was murdered, the police ruled suicide, again!

I just met a 25 year old male that base jumps off 112 metre power pylons at midnight,stoned.Nice lad,but......

From the Khaosod report it appears his body was found Friday morning.

If the story is true I would have expected the guy to be showing off to at least one person but it seems he was all alone - very strange. And why dive and not just jump?

All we have in truth is a body in the pool with presumably evidence of a blow to the head and some cuts on his face. I wonder what the cuts look like. Same as David Miller's?

Not really that strange and why would you expect that he was showing off? Especially given as you say it seems he was alone. In a heavily intoxicated state people do the strangest things. It's also the case that a lot of people sleep walk under the influence. I used to do so regularly, often waking up to find myself taking a leak in the wardrobe or some other unlikely place; until one night under the influence of alcohol, grass and various other recreational substances, I got up in the night and walked out of an unbarred full length window in a converted UK mill house. Presumably wandering around asleep on my feet, trying to find somewhere to take a leak I stepped out to a 20 foot drop onto granite flagstones. Milkman found me on the floor unconscious at 5am. I was lucky to survive it with a smashed pelvis, broken wrist and nose. But I guess you're already thinking maybe somebody dragged me out of bed and threw me out of the window while I was asleep to make it look like suicide, right? I think there has actually been a case where someone successfully legally defended murdering another person whilst sleepwalking - so it is a recognised condition.

I understand that someone dying of misadventure on Koh Tao is rather disappointing in terms of sustaining the ongoing hysteria amongst the armchair detectives here on TV, but really.... what is already known here overwhelmingly suggests nothing more than misadventure with alcohol and drugs as contributing factors.

Same here mate,missus found me heading down the stairs,naked.Can't remember a thing.Homebrew Swedish vodka.

If he was found at a pool of a hotel he wasn't even staying in, what the hell was he doing there? Did he decide to take a dive there from a DJ booth on his way back to his apartment? C'mon! Where is the CCTV? Koh Tao has CCTV all over the place, somebody must have seen (heard) something.

I would send a personal FB message to CSILA to see if he can come up with something!

Decades ago i used to swim in a pool that the Arab clients never used.This is while staggering home from Nana,at 2am,down Soi 1.I can swim but cramp could have come on and i would have been a floater in the morning.Death by misadventure.We all do stupid things while under the influence,some live and some die and some end up in wheelchairs.This is a male thing.

There seems to be a surprising lack of details on this incident.

At 27 one would not suspect a health incident.

Sad.

Why NOT?

Because it is much less likely in a young man than say a 60 year old overweight smoker.

Surprised you need to ask.

I bet everybody's looking for the barb wire now. Could be some to be fair but the pic is a little unclear.

Assuming of course this is the swimming pool in question? Because some articles were mentioning "hotel swimming pool" rather than bar swimming pool?

I agree with your comment, so a bit clearer picture:

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1934728_1689989134551283_7314562691152507477_n.jpg?oh=11d8f797faaca38ecc296bbb267241fb&oe=57008367

Now ask yourself this: why diving from the roof of that dj boot surrounded by barbed wire instead of from the spring board???

I assume he was found in THAT pool, correct me if I am wrong!

Don't you read.He had been drinking and on a 2 day mushy bender.

There seems to be a surprising lack of details on this incident.

At 27 one would not suspect a health incident.

Sad.

Why NOT?

Because it is much less likely in a young man than say a 60 year old overweight smoker.

Surprised you need to ask.

And you studied medicine where? And you have been practising for how long? I have read some non-sensical posts on here in the 12 or so pages now but yours is up near the top. You, like the rest of us, have absolutely no idea, yet you want to ask another poster why he had the need to ask. I would too, given what hasn't been divulged at this time, yet you make a statement with out any basis whatsoever. I'd suggest you do some research before posting and you will see just how many young people do have medical conditions, some ever more severe than the example you have given

Death Island strikes again

Can someone put together a comprehensive timeline of all of the foreigner's deaths just on Koh Tao? You would think that for a small island the death of a visitor would be a very rare occasion, but here's another one.

If you wonder about this, try going through the reports on this post about the deaths on the Isle of Wight,where this man came from. Thats just a small island too.Also it would have been more properly reported as a British National instead of an Islander then to state he was from the Isle of Wight afterwards------- jiurnalism!!!!bah.gif RIP to the man

Where are all the Under 30 Digital Nomads telling us "old guys" living in "3000B/month" fan rooms how jealous we are of this guy?

Because he could afford a hotel room with a swimming pool?

Yes sir, this young feller really knew how to live....

Complete and utter diatribe which has no relevance to the thread topic.

Haven't you something better to do with your time on a Sunday morning.

RIP gone before his time ! Koh Tao is becoming known as " Death Island " maybe the PM needs to send one of his high ranking officers to the island to see why there are so many deaths !

WOW YEA---- Send a HIGH RANKING Officer to sort that Island out----- wish I had thought of that

If he was found at a pool of a hotel he wasn't even staying in, what the hell was he doing there? Did he decide to take a dive there from a DJ booth on his way back to his apartment? C'mon! Where is the CCTV? Koh Tao has CCTV all over the place, somebody must have seen (heard) something.

I would send a personal FB message to CSILA to see if he can come up with something!

CSiLA has not posted anything for the last 23 hours...

Until the medical examiner says there is severe blunt force trauma to the TOP of the head I will not believe a word the police say. They mention cuts to his face possibly from barbed-wire, but nothing about the top of his head which is where you would expect to find trauma from someone diving in head first and hitting the bottom of the pool as they speculate with their uncanny ability to wrap up investigation in the blink of an eye.

Death shouldn't be who anyone meets on The Trip Of A Lifetime...

Who did he meet? I didnt find anything in the article that says he met someone or are you guessing what happened like so many others.

HaHa That one went over the top of your head mateclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He jumped from a dj booth into a pool will pissed and hit his head on the bottom.The above is a fair assumption,i would say.
I'm really not jumping on the conspiracy case here but if there were no witnesses to this how can the police say he was drunk ! Jumped from the booth and cut himself on barbed wire...No way could they have done a post mortem on him yet and as there were no witnesses the rest is either just guess work or the start of something more sinister..Sadly with the RTP having zero credibility when something like this happens, and it was sadly bound too, the doubters of the initial story have some grounds ! RIP young man and heartfelt sympathy to all your family and friends

The police did not say he was drunk. They said he MAY have been drunk. Don't you know the difference??

"CCTV footage seen by police suggests that he may have been "heavily drunk" in moments prior to his death, according to Napha."

Head injury plus cuts to the face. Is there positive evidence he climbed onto the booth and jumped? If not could be injuries suffered in an assault.

Typical vague reporting by police and lap dog media. Where on the head is the fatal blow? What is the nature of the facial lacerations and how does diving into a pool and hitting one's head on the bottom involve facial cuts? How quickly did they manage to contaminate the scene this time?

If you look on his (Luke Miller) facebook page you will see he was travelling with his mate James Gissing. If you go to James' page you will see a picture posted of himself two days ago which says it all : living on the edge....

PS I'm not posting any links or the actual pictures.

Says it all.........what are you insinuating? Its his own fault? Instead of taking one photo out of context take a look at the bigger picture and head to Nichola Gissing facebook page where you'll see the other photos of a normal fun filled holiday that has been cut short tragically and until we have further information from the media which locally is being remarkably quiet on this, I think we should not make assumptons of his lifestyle as being the cause of this.

They may be good lads 99% of the time,but it only takes one act of stupidity,showing off,macho man style and it's all over.

Yes he seems to have been quite a likable person. But I do think he had some issues which were leading to excessive alcohol and drug abuse. Sad story actually.

Head injury plus cuts to the face. Is there positive evidence he climbed onto the booth and jumped? If not could be injuries suffered in an assault.

It must be conspiracy month. Young people do stupid things on holiday and sometimes it ends in death

Case solved then, the police already know what happened.

No witnesses to this, an assumption that he climbed onto a DJ booth because of similar wounds on his face that look similar to barbed wire which is apparently around the dj booth.

Another assumption he was heavily drunk because of cctv images but then a not sure about that so waiting for the autopsy from Surit Thani where ever that is, the mainland I believe.

So current story, he goes back to the resort alone drunk, climbs a dj booth that is protected by barbed wire then jumps off and slams his face into the swimming pool killing him all for the sake of what? No one there to show off his climbing and diving skills. Strange but could also be true.

Is a Thai autopsy fairly credible and accurate?

I hope the Brits will carry out an inquest on this.

Surat Thani is both the Thailand Province in which Koh Tao is a part,

and also the provincial capital city that is it's main governmental center.

There are 77 provinces in Thailand, this is one of the southern ones,

but not the ones in the deep south where m,muslim insurgents regularly make attacks.

I have actually met Surat Thani's CSI team, and they know their job and take it seriously and scientifically.

That said, they do NOT have the equipment they want, and have to defer to Bangkok for many things,

and candidly acknowledge that politics does take a hand in the final reports final form.

check the b-wire for blood or tissue

Thanks for the advice but i would think the RTP would have done that and )if they find any) will be sending it to Bangkok for DNA testing.

Then of course we just can wait till the "experts" will claim the DNA testing was flawed and that it was actually blood from Nomsod who climbed up the booth after Luke and pushed him off.

Archived