Containers replace tents for 1,500 migrants in Calais 'Jungle' camp

webfact

Containers replace tents for 1,500 migrants in Calais 'Jungle' camp

606x341_320952.jpg

PARIS: -- Authorities have moved 140 people living in the so-called Jungle refugee camp in northern France into newly-constructed accommodation.

Made of recycled metallic containers, the temporary shelters have the capacity to hold up to 1,500 people.

Families with children are being given priority.

Local officials are keen to stress the situation is only temporary. Fabienne Buccio, the Prefect for the Pas-de-Calais region said it is “a stop-off point leading to integration” into French society.

Nicolas Pauliac, Head of Mission for the Calais Prefecture added:

“Here, this is a temporary camp and then they have a shelter in France and our goal is to allow them to get into a process where they can stay in France and be integrated into the French society.”

The head of the Calais camp rejected suggestions the move would attract more people.

But some people living nearby are not happy with the arrangement. Local resident Noël Lebrun said:

“We’re forced to leave. It’s not normal. The politicians are doing nothing. We’ve been forgotten,” says this man, who lives near the camp.

Some of the camp’s residents said it made no difference whether they were housed in tents or containers.

For Syrian refugee Ahmed Alhamad there is just one thing that matters:
“To stay here or to move to the containers is the same for me. I want to seek asylum in Great Britain,” he said.

Officially, 4,000 people live in the Jungle. However reports suggest the figure could be closer to 7,000, with hundreds arriving daily.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-12

I always knew Europeans were stupid, but do they have to keep putting it on the front page every day?

God, look at the mess they have themselves in. Welcome to Frankenstan. I wonder how many Mohammads were born in W. Europe last week?

Have you ever wondered why all those refugee's come to Europe? Because some other nation wanted to find the "weapons of mass destruction" which they never found. Now who was the the other nation?

I always knew Europeans were stupid, but do they have to keep putting it on the front page every day?

God, look at the mess they have themselves in. Welcome to Frankenstan. I wonder how many Mohammads were born in W. Europe last week?

Have you ever wondered why all those refugee's come to Europe? Because some other nation wanted to find the "weapons of mass destruction" which they never found. Now who was the the other nation?

Blaming Bush or Blair for this crisis is ridiculous. The blame belongs squarely on the EU leaders who openly welcome the migrants and allow them to travel through the EU and live in tent cities even though they are in the EU illegally.

The wars in Iraq did not result in any mass refugee problem. Prove me wrong, provide links to stories from 2003-2006 about the swarm of refugees from Iraq.

Only when the US & allies ignored what Assad was doing to his people did the wave of migrants/refugees start from the Middle East. The lesson to be learned is that without western involvement/military action you get this refugee mess. OMG, that bit of truth has gotta sting.

Not to mention that the majority of migrants in Calais are from Africa, nowhere near Iraq and Afghanistan - or Syria.

Excuse me, I am only a simple man. I do not understand the French authorities. The all migrants in Calais, wants to move Great Britain. Great Britain has no will to accept them. The migrants are offending the border very agressively. Why are making them a permanent camp, instead to close the camp of tent, and move them inside France, to solve the all days problems?

Excuse me, I am only a simple man. I do not understand the French authorities. The all migrants in Calais, wants to move Great Britain. Great Britain has no will to accept them. The migrants are offending the border very agressively. Why are making them a permanent camp, instead to close the camp of tent, and move them inside France, to solve the all days problems?

Has been tried. They are back after a day or two, will just hop on public transport whether they can afford the fare or not.

They are free as a bird so to speak to break each and every rule their present host countries put up, but that will most assuredly all get better once

they get their asylum in exactly the country they wish and integrate at the speed of light.