Toyota Fortuner horrible nightmare

ardokano

I was the owner (in my family) more than 100 cars. More than 20 bought new ones.
Fortuner was the most horrible.
Of all the new cars that I bought. And most of the NOT new cars I bought, even to 5 years old and more. 50 To 150 k km.
1 after few month between the front wings and bumper increased gap,
Toyota on the service twice this corrected but again this happened
2.after a few months there were creaking doors while driving( it NEW car be!!!)
3 When paint bamper its be 5 day!!!! and wrong colour. Few day ago(monday) I give again for repaint
it promise 3 day , yesrtoday must give back and.... have call its not pass ispection(mean againe wrong colour paint)cheesy.gif
An say it give tommorow(today) Today againe call and say still not finishblink.png
Such details as the various tire pressure tyres (more than 25% difference) after service of Toyota and another small details, I did not even think.
Car only 64k km
for many car its sims NEW and work perfect
but not Fortuner.clap2.gif
Used mainly for roads or expressways. this was not any real off-road.
Sometimes a few tens of meters off the road to the river or picnic placewhistling.gif
Cheerscrazy.gifdrunk.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP's sign-off...the last three emoticons sums up the OP's post.

Yes, it shows who is MAY BE to design, manufacture and service Fortuner.

other explanation Fortuner and the quality of service I do not find

May be you can me explain how its can be?rolleyes.gifwai.gif

One troll / Flaming post removed

Forum Rule - While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.

I agree that having to buy a fortuner must be horrible nightmare ;-)

I could not imagine that this is possible.
Even my experience with the Camry was not so terrible.
I could not imagine that one and then the brand can produce very different in quality cars.
On the one side, Mark X, Crown, Land Cruiser 100.
On the other side Camry and Fortuner.

I've got a 2009 Fortuner I bought new....been a very, very reliable vehicle. During the late 2011 Great Flood when there was up to 1.5 meters deep water in my western Bangkok moobaan I drove the Fortuner through water that came half way up the SUV for approx 3 kilometers...motored through just like a boat...didn't die on me. Yeap, been very reliable...got 155K kilometers on it now...still runs like new. But regardless of the make/model, a person can get a lemon.

I've got a 2009 Fortuner I bought new....been a very, very reliable vehicle. During the late 2011 Great Flood when there was up to 1.5 meters deep water in my western Bangkok moobaan I drove the Fortuner through water that came half way up the SUV for approx 3 kilometers...motored through just like a boat...didn't die on me. Yeap, been very reliable...got 155K kilometers on it now...still runs like new. But regardless of the make/model, a person can get a lemon.

3 kilometers 1,5 meters deep water???blink.png

Sorry but i do not belive.

if you are not equipped with an air intake. this is not possible on a "stock" Fortuner. LC 70 - I believe it. You wrong something.

"still runs like new"

can be Fortuner 2009 not creaking doors and iside silence, only the sound of the engine and suspension strokes, there is no impact at the start of the engine (which is normal for not new diesel),

but in my 2013 Fortuner and 64k km its all have .

I was with him very carefully handled.
Believe me, he did not even see this as my sedan Toyota Raize "off-road" (Mark X in China)
Camry in Ukraine.
And ofcouse even not say whaty happenet with my Disco in Nigeria, LC 100,105 in Seberia or Harier, X5 Highlander, in Russian road (same offroad), Prado 120 in Kazahstan
Even my Hybrid RX in England I and my friend use more hard.
but all this is car NOT creak.
PS
Sorry ask but what another car use?
for my wife, too, everything is fine with the Fortuner, it does not even notice scratches. and the gap between the wings and the bumper is not the Problem.Important that the Fortuner. clap2.gif "Respect car", as I understand it in Thailand.rolleyes.gif
wai.gif
But ofcouse may be fortuner its best of the best, only for me do" special edition"
thumbsup.gif

Not saying the OP hasn't got a bad Fortuner, but im on my 2nd Fortuner over a 9 year period and I'd have a new one tomorrow if I could.

the new Fortuner looks nice inside but the rear seats are not for tall people the distance to the ceiling reminds me of infinity FX. What exactly in the middle of more than 185 cm it not sit well.

After scratches and paint my car I'm afraid buy thisis model and brand.

But the bumper on the new NOT jelly as on my model.

Wish you enjoy your car without trouble

wai.gif

if you are not equipped with an air intake. this is not possible on a "stock" Fortuner. LC 70 - I believe it. You wrong something.

"still runs like new"

I didn't say I drove the Fortuner through 1.5M of water...I said that's the level it reached in my moobaan during the flood....reached that level in mid Nov 11. I said I drove the Fortuner through water that came half way up the SUV at times....that's a fact. Nothing really fantastic about that since a diesel engine has no spark plug type ignition system system to flood out, constant low speed through water will create a plowing effect pushing/dividing water away from the engine compartment, and Fortuner electronics like the ECU are high up on the engine compartment/inside the SUV. Ten of thousand of diesel vehicles did the same thing during the floods of 2011. Now if I would have had to "stop" then that would have probably caused a big problem but I was able to keep a constant steady speed of approx 10KMH out of my moobaan to the main highway...no stop signs or stop lights...practically no traffic...nothing to stop me on the way to the highway...just steady speed plowing through high water. This occurred on the day the flood water hit our area and flood water rose quick, and many of us had to evaluate in our vehicles...was scared the whole time hoping the SUV didn't stall and it didn't...plowed right through the high water. It's a fact!

I didn't say I drove the Fortuner through 1.5M of water...I said that's the level it reached in my moobaan during the flood....reached that level in mid Nov 11. I said I drove the Fortuner through water that came half way up the SUV at times....that's a fact. Nothing really fantastic about that since a diesel engine has no spark plug type ignition system system to flood out, constant low speed through water will create a plowing effect pushing/dividing water away from the engine compartment, and Fortuner electronics like the ECU are high up on the engine compartment/inside the SUV. Ten of thousand of diesel vehicles did the same thing during the floods of 2011. Now if I would have had to "stop" then that would have probably caused a big problem but I was able to keep a constant steady speed of approx 10KMH out of my moobaan to the main highway...no stop signs or stop lights...practically no traffic...nothing to stop me on the way to the highway...just steady speed plowing through high water. This occurred on the day the flood water hit our area and flood water rose quick, and many of us had to evaluate in our vehicles...was scared the whole time hoping the SUV didn't stall and it didn't...plowed right through the high water. It's a fact!

i agree with you it nothin big deal for this kind car just water not come over electronics orover to the air intake.

And sorry its cant be "half way up the SUV ", becouse it near hood line and when moved water can IN engine.

At window line half door, it is more realistic.thumbsup.gif

but then in other topic guy talking about the Mercedes c-class which is sukhumvit " in water swimming."

And i belive him

So for fortuner its not be some unreal or big achievement

it NORMAL

I would be more surprised if you could not drive through water

and yet we at least are talking about two different cars
New is not always better than the old.
This example confirms the Prado 150 vs 120. LC 100vs 200
Or may be fro me make special edition of Fortuner
but in MY fortuner 2013 with 64k km have:
1.squeaks in the cabin all 4 doors !!!
2.there was a gap between the front bumper and wings 0,3-0.7 CM. This not normal !!! for me
and I did not go on it in the water the and offroad
3.plastic front above the wheel broke on two points (I think it's from the head wind at speed)
4. paint bamper now it 5 days past and its REPAINT because first time it paint wrong colour, and i still do not have my car. And its look like againe WRONG colourcheesy.gif .
And all what i say its fact!! and i can SHOW if some want.
You think its normal?
For me it NOT normal!.. For me its Horriblerolleyes.gif
Cheers
wish your any car never happened same or another problem
wai.gif

Op. I will buy that lemon of a Fortuner from you.. I will take it off your hands.. Say 40,000 baht. Ok? That cash obviously!

Ha ha, I can give you gps and 3 d wiev 4 camera only for this is price what order for this is "lemon"

i still a need car .

so i can change any normal car even can add up to 1000krolleyes.gif .

or you guess its be so rubish car even more i can imagine?biggrin.png

Key to key

http://www.kaidee.com/product-111415655/

give me

i guess it be fine

i lissen what say another owner, fortuner it SUPER car

so it normal proposition

give you add gps with android and 3d 4 pc camera ( new now wait delivery) +

set of mats for the entire multi-layer full salon (in thailand 6k up) and many another thinks (all new now wait delivery)wai.gifthumbsup.gif

"still runs like new"

can be Fortuner 2009 not creaking doors and iside silence, only the sound of the engine and suspension strokes, there is no impact at the start of the engine (which is normal for not new diesel),

but in my 2013 Fortuner and 64k km its all have .

I was with him very carefully handled.
Believe me, he did not even see this as my sedan Toyota Raize "off-road" (Mark X in China)
Camry in Ukraine.
And ofcouse even not say whaty happenet with my Disco in Nigeria, LC 100,105 in Seberia or Harier, X5 Highlander, in Russian road (same offroad), Prado 120 in Kazahstan
Even my Hybrid RX in England I and my friend use more hard.
but all this is car NOT creak.
PS
Sorry ask but what another car use?
for my wife, too, everything is fine with the Fortuner, it does not even notice scratches. and the gap between the wings and the bumper is not the Problem.Important that the Fortuner. clap2.gif "Respect car", as I understand it in Thailand.rolleyes.gif
wai.gif
But ofcouse may be fortuner its best of the best, only for me do" special edition"
thumbsup.gif

There's a big hole on the top of the bonnet, intercooler, breather, air, if you had one you would realise that. Check Youtube you will see them ploughing through water up to that depth. Mines 2008, just had the water pump changed the first component failure. No creaks, no noises.

i agree with you it nothin big deal for this kind car just water not come over electronics orover to the air intake.

And sorry its cant be "half way up the SUV ", becouse it near hood line and when moved water can IN engine.

At window line half door, it is more realistic.thumbsup.gif

but then in other topic guy talking about the Mercedes c-class which is sukhumvit " in water swimming."

And i belive him

So for fortuner its not be some unreal or big achievement

it NORMAL

I would be more surprised if you could not drive through water

and yet we at least are talking about two different cars
New is not always better than the old.
This example confirms the Prado 150 vs 120. LC 100vs 200
Or may be fro me make special edition of Fortuner
but in MY fortuner 2013 with 64k km have:
1.squeaks in the cabin all 4 doors !!!
2.there was a gap between the front bumper and wings 0,3-0.7 CM. This not normal !!! for me
and I did not go on it in the water the and offroad
3.plastic front above the wheel broke on two points (I think it's from the head wind at speed)
4. paint bamper now it 5 days past and its REPAINT because first time it paint wrong colour, and i still do not have my car. And its look like againe WRONG colourcheesy.gif .
And all what i say its fact!! and i can SHOW if some want.
You think its normal?
For me it NOT normal!.. For me its Horriblerolleyes.gif
Cheers
wish your any car never happened same or another problem
wai.gif

Try silicone spray around the door seals and I think you will cure the squeaks, you may have to do it every so often. I am intrigued by those that drive their cars through deep water, do you disconnect the fan/fans or do they act as a propeller or do they simply not turn on if electrical. Just asking.

At 64 k km, the OP's tuna isn't by any stretch of the foreskin 'new'.

The gaps in plastic body panels and need for resprays indicates a penchant for hitting other things. Frequently.

Who's driving this bus anyway? Mrs OP by any chance?

Gaps out plastic body and bampers!! not in.

64k yes it not NEW. but its sims new for creaks. Sorry but in my LC 100 its coming from only 2 door after 200k, 4 year and have real offroad, and fixed changed locks and elastic seal on the door. and not have problem next 100k , now my LC get more than 400k and 11 year(use offroad) and run BETTER than my Fortuner 64k and 3 year old soft use.rolleyes.gif

when I buy MB model 190 4 yaer old 120 k km . its start on 150 k in rear door and after change lock not any voice antil i sell it and 210 k

In Toyota raize(Mark X)

its happened near 80k only one door after change lock be fine sell 140 k and 4 year old

Camry near 70 k one door - change lock after to 110 k no problem and sell

BMW E60 45k - change one lock no problem , sell 70k.

all this is car use MORE hardly than

ANd many car use 60-150 k and do not have any creaks

May by i luky and more than 100 car i am not have same problem. And now i come to reality car world, where first year car use it normal creaks, gaps and etc.

but i am not think so.thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

There's a big hole on the top of the bonnet, intercooler, breather, air, if you had one you would realise that. Check Youtube you will see them ploughing through water up to that depth. Mines 2008, just had the water pump changed the first component failure. No creaks, no noises.

Thanks for some thinks and your expirience, opinion.

But i say about creaks doors in cabin.wai.gif

Try silicone spray around the door seals and I think you will cure the squeaks, you may have to do it every so often. I am intrigued by those that drive their cars through deep water, do you disconnect the fan/fans or do they act as a propeller or do they simply not turn on if electrical. Just asking.

Thank you.

yes now i do this is. i Have idea start litle renew and upgrade lets see what happened.

But my point - squeaks start in first year from NEW . In my opinion its not good manufactured and sliim metal. so fixing door locks and hinges defragment and door at wrong place so start squeaks.

Yes ofcouse selicon help for few days or weeks but it's like a sick tooth to give pain medication but not treated, helps on time but does not solve the problem. problem in the design or quality manufactured.

I've been through this before. But in older cars NOT it immediately all the doors. decides to replace the lock and / or fixing bolts.
PS
usually than you go in deep water need disconnect the fan/fans even if not electrical becouse :1 can brocen fan, 2. contaminate the radiator of the car quickly
But in instruction spec ussualy It contains water up to the height of the danger of broken fan. IMHO say its 600mmwai.gif

Fink the OP is telling porkies..........rolleyes.gif ..............laugh.png

Why You say thi is?

Because they do not pray to YOUR "god" - Toyota, and say hard reality?.........rolleyes.gif .......laugh.png

PS

But its True

tongue.pngwink.png

wai.gif

Telling porkies so its - porky?

But if Porky use Tuna- so it Tuna porkies car?

Its you mean?biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Joking, please no offense

No i not think it too bad for Fortuna it only

horrible on my opinion.

But it only MY opinion

If for you cant paint toyoDa car at second time and it need 7 days for repaint( after first wrong paint) Its be Normal

If for you creak, gaps and etc it NORMAL

so yes may be for YOU its best of the best carwink.png

wai.gif

Hopefully the truth, they will not be able to ever match it .

Thank you. I hope too.

Today promise tommorow it be LAST LASt day .

But i really be surprised.

I understand when old car ( so lost first color on sun and it little different) when some car without sell at diller colour.

And evrythink it possible get SAME color have computer mix for this is.

But its car with colour sell dealer and when first time mistake it still in price list this is model.

its realy out from my understending

sad.pngwai.gif

Archived