Toyota Fortuner horrible nightmare

ardokano

Did you check with TMT if this car is part of a recall they had just after the flooding in Bangkok a couple of years back?

We printed around 5000 recall letters for TMT and send them to the customers.

Main problems were:

1. Bad hooks used to keep bumpers and panels into place. They might become weak allowing misalignment of bumpers.

2. Paint problems on all colors.

My PJS also had paint issues on the side-step which was later recalled by Mitsubishi.

Got my side-steps changed for free. The black paint kept going off due to bad powder-coating.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you check with TMT if this car is part of a recall they had just after the flooding in Bangkok a couple of years back?

We printed around 5000 recall letters for TMT and send them to the customers.

Main problems were:

1. Bad hooks used to keep bumpers and panels into place. They might become weak allowing misalignment of bumpers.

2. Paint problems on all colors.

My PJS also had paint issues on the side-step which was later recalled by Mitsubishi.

Got my side-steps changed for free. The black paint kept going off due to bad powder-coating.

thanks for the advice. Today I was at a dealer in Chiang Mai. We agreed to leave the car tomorrow to them for 5 days and they fixed all the problems. Give for this is time some service car .

Hope be fine. Car still have guaranty.

Make sure you don't pay anything for this as it probably was a recalled car.

Yes do not pay.

Its be silly if need pay.

Now i get vios.

And hope its be fine. How MUST be.

PS.

Today special look my Thai friend and SPECIAL ask try VIGO.

2 yaer and 70k.

Ha ha.

squeaks in the door HAVE, little bit.

Now special any VIGO and Fortuner if I know owner. Ask give me sit and lossen.

Just for fun.

Whant know how is.

Ps

Bumper also start look in another same Model Fortune.

And some have gaps.

Vigo never see gaps.

Revo too.

New Fortuner plastic bumper more hard.

Need find previose my model Fortuner , also want to try.

Just really intresting.

Why its happened with my Toyota.

This is marked the remnants of primer and scratches that were apparently from that have tried to clean at the another dealer .

Before i not say about this( have many small thinks i not say wnat truble get frome service and from car)

This is dealer promise ALL fixed.

Hope its do.

post-219309-0-81350000-1453181029_thumb.

Today Toyota call my wife..

And we go take car.... i be so Happy...

But.... yes change some rubber detail that contaminate paint.

polishing scratches (which get after Toyota service)
but still hav bumps in the paint as a result of dust.
and it is obvious that the bumper no repaint , just trying to polish
the gap is not fully removed.
plastic front over the wheels has attached bad.facepalm.gif
about squeaks in the cabin. said warranty. But when I arrived I was a test check creaking nowhere gone.
then just anointed with soap and proposed test.cheesy.gif squeaks certainly diminished, but not disappeared completely.
and of course a day or two there again.
So car again left in the service
They said to dixed it and back to me on Monday.
I certainly do not believe it already.
for reference, on the same service served and Lexus tooblink.png

4 mm that's the acceptance level inside Toyota Motor Thailand.

sorry? 4mm for what for plastic?

so its not be surprised if car rattle.

But first in my bumper have more than 4 mm

plastic on wing also can moved .

not tightly attached to the wing?blink.png

This is service for Lexus TOO...

sorry ask, but Toyota Motor Thailand have for Lexus same standardcrazy.gif ?

Actually no Toyota Motor Thailand and Lexus don't have the same standard.

It's 4 mm when leaving the factory. Gaps will get bigger over time as the hooks and hinges which keep panels into place tend to weaken a bit.

I already told you before that certain Fortuners have been recalled for having really weak hinges so the gaps started to get bigger quicker than Toyota's warranty would run out.

I am quite sure that your car didn't come out of the factory with more than 4 mm gaps, but TMT is going to do as much as they can not to replace the hinges.

Why you might ask?

- one set of hooks and hinges costs 1,250 THB. One panel on a fortuner needs 2 sets of hinges.

That means 2,500 THB per panel. They are going to try to fix it up with whatever they can until you ask them to replace the hinges.

Why I know?

- Because we have a bodyshop here in Kalasin and for hooks and hinges we buy directly from Toyota.

We fixed our own Fortuner by replacing all the hooks and hinges ourselves.

Finally, don't expect a perfect result as you would get in Japan. It's never going to happen and you just kinda have to deal with that.

Engineers and repairmen at Toyota are among the best in Asia (they won body & paint skills contest even from Japanese dealers).

Toyota uses high standards when it comes to repairs, but if you are not satisfied then I recommend you call the complaint line of TMT.

They will then investigate why you seem to be having so many problems with your car.

...I never thought I would be defending Toyota...

A friend of mine drove a Toyota pickup through flood water to his regret. I don't know how deep the water was but somehow water got into the air intake and the poor engine had several bent connecting rods. It was cheaper to just replace the engine than to repair it.

Why you might ask?

- one set of hooks and hinges costs 1,250 THB. One panel on a fortuner needs 2 sets of hinges.

That means 2,500 THB per panel. They are going to try to fix it up with whatever they can until you ask them to replace the hinges.

Why I know?

- Because we have a bodyshop here in Kalasin and for hooks and hinges we buy directly from Toyota.

Thanks for answer.

About Toyota Top on quaity service i know. I have service from Toyota in many country.

Can argue about some model from this is brand. but about the service I had no issues.

Its first time.

About replace . Diller get compesation from brand(Toyota) if raplace part guaranty.

About painting I do not understand. they tried to say that' the paint with no dust in the paint is possible only in conditions of the plant. it is full of a special standard for Thailand? because in other countries, I have not seen this.

The creaking door. I sometimes had on the car (but ots car older 3 year car or even 5, and on ODO up 100k km. This can be corrected by replacing gum, replacement or adjustment of the lock, the door hinge.

Its all cat easy fixed.

So why i sad about.

Just sell it and give us all a rest.....As you and yours have had a zillion rides I feel you will have a prob with anything...Buy a Merc...Good chance you may sleep at night...facepalm.gif

I am poor guy now . So no have money for merc.

And you say sell its mean from Toyota Fortuner can not get quality as for example Prado or PJS?

You offer, give up, surrender and lose money. and no chance to get quality for the money to spend?Ha ha.

Why you so bad think about Toyota and about Fortuner. You guess no need give a chance for them.

And why you no rest? What problem?

No read if you do not like.

And do not worry about me, i am sleep well.

Just share experience .Or nee only pray to your "idol".:)

And its not close for my heart as you.

You funny.

Why you might ask?

Why I know?

Thanks for answer.

About Toyota Top on quaity service i know. I have service from Toyota in many country.

Can argue about some model from this is brand. but about the service I had no issues.

Its first time.

About replace . Diller get compesation from brand(Toyota) if raplace part guaranty.

About painting I do not understand. they tried to say that' the paint with no dust in the paint is possible only in conditions of the plant. it is full of a special standard for Thailand? because in other countries, I have not seen this.

The creaking door. I sometimes had on the car (but ots car older 3 year car or even 5, and on ODO up 100k km. This can be corrected by replacing gum, replacement or adjustment of the lock, the door hinge.

Its all cat easy fixed.

So why i sad about.

You're correct that the dealer gets compensation, but they don't really want to wait to get that compensation.

Money with all dealers for all brands is tight these days, so the rather try to fix it up with a few 100 baht of double-sided 3M tape than invest a couple of thousand baht for new hinges.

It's how it is and that's pretty much in every country the same.

What they said about the paint is true to a certain extent. You will never ever get the same result as the factory finish.

NEVER. There will always be a bit of color difference, etc. It's how it is and we have to accept it.

Especially with colors that are difficult to match like pearl white. Normal white. No problem I am sure :)

The creaking door. Could you just investigate the problem and fix it yourself?

Even my PJS had a creaking door, but a bit of WD40 on the hinges and the creaking was gone...

All I want to say is that for the dealer (is it the dealer where you bought the car?) there isn't much money to be made.

Even if it's a Toyota dealer and you are driving a Toyota they really aren't going to go so far out of their way to help you out.

You have to tell them exactly what you want.

1. Change hooks and hinges please. I don't want 3M tape

-> Dealer will say, but we can try to fix it like this. Then you say ok. I understand.

You call to TMT HQ service line, you open a complain case. Then TMT HQ service will handle it from there with the dealer.

2. Same for paint finish.

3. Creaking door. Probably better to try WD40 or something first.

If it doesn't work. Again TMT HQ service and open a complain case.

I will help you even more so this case can rest.

02-386-2000 OR 1800238444 (24 hour support)

OR email your case to [email protected]

Just sell it and give us all a rest.....As you and yours have had a zillion rides I feel you will have a prob with anything...Buy a Merc...Good chance you may sleep at night...facepalm.gif

I am poor guy now . So no have money for merc.

And you say sell its mean from Toyota Fortuner can not get quality as for example Prado or PJS?

You offer, give up, surrender and lose money. and no chance to get quality for the money to spend?Ha ha.

Why you so bad think about Toyota and about Fortuner. You guess no need give a chance for them.

And why you no rest? What problem?

No read if you do not like.

And do not worry about me, i am sleep well.

Just share experience .Or nee only pray to your "idol".smile.png

And its not close for my heart as you.

You funny.

Me being involved with Vigo and Fortuners for many a year, you are the first to come along with your story....You can ha ha as much as you like but your 'story' about gaps is crap for all Vigo or Fortuner....YOU and only you may have a problem, strange how the rest of us ain't got your problem. Ha Ha..........gawd.......rolleyes.gif

Well, problems happen sometimes.

Me being involved with Vigo and Fortuners for many a year, you are the first to come along with your story....You can ha ha as much as you like but your 'story' about gaps is crap for all Vigo or Fortuner....YOU and only you may have a problem, strange how the rest of us ain't got your problem. Ha Ha..........gawd.......rolleyes.gif

Please no need talk for All you not be God, just say about you.

And if you accept so low quality standart no need show for all, it is not a reason for pride.

And last time tell you stop trolling.

Vigo and Fortuner be different.

Even model year car can get different.

If you like live with "crap" and for you its Not problem its not mean all must get it.

And open for you "secret" from Toyota can get good quality with out gaps, crap painting etc.

I have many car from this is brand and many satisfaction for money i pay and get my need as i hope get from this is car.

I so much like my celica, alteza, harrier,prado120,mark2, mark X, corona.

I love my LC80 and LC100. I so much Love my LC105.

And i be sad from camry 2.4 vx40

I be same not satisfaction with quality interior camry 3.5 vx40 but have little fun with engine.

So if you like "be on crap"( you like use this is word, why? )

No need to wish it for all.

Againe tell you news its not Normal for many Toyota models and dealler.

Good luck with you pray on "idol"

And please if you do not like some fact i say . No need trolling you look silly.

You're correct that the dealer gets compensation, but they don't really want to wait to get that compensation.

Money with all dealers for all brands is tight these days, so the rather try to fix it up with a few 100 baht of double-sided 3M tape than invest a couple of thousand baht for new hinges.

It's how it is and that's pretty much in every country the same.

What they said about the paint is true to a certain extent. You will never ever get the same result as the factory finish.

NEVER. There will always be a bit of color difference, etc. It's how it is and we have to accept it.

Especially with colors that are difficult to match like pearl white. Normal white. No problem I am sure smile.png

The creaking door. Could you just investigate the problem and fix it yourself?

Even my PJS had a creaking door, but a bit of WD40 on the hinges and the creaking was gone...

All I want to say is that for the dealer (is it the dealer where you bought the car?) there isn't much money to be made.

Even if it's a Toyota dealer and you are driving a Toyota they really aren't going to go so far out of their way to help you out.

You have to tell them exactly what you want.

1. Change hooks and hinges please. I don't want 3M tape

-> Dealer will say, but we can try to fix it like this. Then you say ok. I understand.

You call to TMT HQ service line, you open a complain case. Then TMT HQ service will handle it from there with the dealer.

2. Same for paint finish.

3. Creaking door. Probably better to try WD40 or something first.

If it doesn't work. Again TMT HQ service and open a complain case.

I will help you even more so this case can rest.

02-386-2000 OR 1800238444 (24 hour support)

OR email your case to [email protected]

Thanks againe for explain.

But what i hear dealer in many place realy "make money" from service , not for sell car.

Its for examle in China or Kazahstan, i have couple friend owner Dealer part of the business in this is Country in past.

So Toyota its fast clerancy even give some credit for part or car.

And in dealer just worry about how many works hour get this is work and how much this is time cost.

And ofcouse how is beasy dealer.

For example i had broken bumper on raize (Mark X in China) it be only 3-5 cm crack. so Dealer first wonted repaired and painted over it. When I asked the insurance company :

the company pays for the replacement bumper?

My manager said, of course, no problem.
It was the initiative of dealer only repaired.
So I call dealer and say why not replacement bumper. Dealer say do not know and do not have any problem do it.
After my friend(owner part of the dealer business) explaine.
He say becouse its can get more warking hours to restore the bumper than replaced, SO dealer have this is a priority.
the price in total will be less but the dealer will earn more.
And so many people are satisfied
if uninsured, it is cheaper. if the insurance that people just do not think about it.
But about not sure fix plastic parts be less or not time than change hooks and hinges.blink.png
And
1 yes i talk it if tommorow not get , contact with tMT HQ service and open a complain case( thanks for contacts)
2. abount not 100% same colour ofcouse i am understand but first paintig be so far from original coulor.
I misunderstanding of dust in the paint (bumps and holes in total) and untidy paint (paint got on many other parts)
For me its New experience from dealer service.
3.yes of course, I can fixed squeaks for short time.
I can even most parts avtomobile can peplace and some repaire.
But it car on GUARANTY. and it not much used car( started Creaking door even not have 10k on ODO an car 1 year)
This is my point.
i am first time get it . If it be from "china car" i not surprised but its from Toyotablink.png
thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

So

today as go to job. go to Toyota service.

its nothig change

I can see in service try more polish but it not halp just some plase 1-3 mm bubble go out paint .

plastic nothing change...

I call ,as advised JoeW, TMT HQ service.

Send all photo on mail .

after some "boss" in Toyota sedvice coming and say all changed.

Total lost 3 hour. Still wait when in my car fixed all trouble and give mesad.pngcoffee1.gif

Sorry to hear that.

Wait a bit for TMT HQ to investigate this issue and I am sure it will get resolved.

If nothing else works, I will contact some of my old customers in TMT HQ service department to help sort it out.

Archived