Toyota Fortuner horrible nightmare

ardokano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP. Please cut your losses, sell the lemon and buy another SUV (try sitting in the back seat BEFORE you buy) for the same price. Why complain when it is so easy to fix?

I am not realy complain.

if you can see i am with humor talk about this situation.

I just share my impressions.

I give an assessment vehicle.

And yes i am now look what car i am by next.

and because I'm not rich
I can not so fast to change cars.
If I be rich:
1 I not stay in Thailand( thailan for VERY rich o for poor people, i am poor)
2 I am not buy This type of carrolleyes.gif
wai.gif

2009 Fortuner. 175k km on the clock. Nothing has gone wrong - absolutely nothing. Tyres last 90k km, battery 87k km. Total service & replacement cost at Toyota dealer (only one 10k service missed) has been 60,000 baht.

Fortuner running costs to jan16.pdf

Previous vehicle was Jaguar XKR in the UK. Horses for courses - couldn't be happier with my stable (4WD), fast, extended family absorbing, workhorse. OK - maybe if it had ride adjustment capabilities and didn't suffer from unwarranted and uninformed criticism from non-users.

Sorry to hear that you got a Friday-go-home-time version mate.

Sounds pretty bad. I have a 2014 Fortuner with 50k km and no issues so far. Maybe if the Toyota dealer/shop does a shit job, you should go to another one.

it a second dealer.

And i am realy surprised. In my opinion can argue about the quality of different models of Toyota vehicles. but the service Toyota was top of best in my experionce.

When i have chenge bumper on toyota raize(mark X) in China and Toyota does NOT good job

litle gap and small place need polish(1cm2)

Toyota self take my car from parkin in my condo an give me gift coupon 300 RMB per day total 2 days= 600 rmb =$90.

An realy do not have another wrong job from this is brand

And i am sure 2 day enough for painting 2 bumpers.

So wnat why i thinks its horrible

OP. Please cut your losses, sell the lemon and buy another SUV (try sitting in the back seat BEFORE you buy) for the same price. Why complain when it is so easy to fix?

I am not realy complain.

if you can see i am with humor talk about this situation.

I just share my impressions.

I give an assessment vehicle.

And yes i am now look what car i am by next.

and because I'm not rich
I can not so fast to change cars.
If I be rich:
1 I not stay in Thailand( thailan for VERY rich o for poor people, i am poor)
2 I am not buy This type of carrolleyes.gif
wai.gif

But it is not a matter of money - you can buy another SUV (Toyota OR another brand if you are so inclined) for the same price you sell yours for.

2009 Fortuner. 175k km on the clock. Nothing has gone wrong - absolutely nothing. Tyres last 90k km, battery 87k km. Total service & replacement cost at Toyota dealer (only one 10k service missed) has been 60,000 baht.

attachicon.gifFortuner running costs to jan16.pdf

Previous vehicle was Jaguar XKR in the UK. Horses for courses - couldn't be happier with my stable (4WD), fast, extended family absorbing, workhorse. OK - maybe if it had ride adjustment capabilities and didn't suffer from unwarranted and uninformed criticism from non-users.

Sorry to hear that you got a Friday-go-home-time version mate.

Thanks for sharing experience in such detail.

But you car its not same model.

And new its not evry time better

i still do not see reasons change my LC 100 for LC 200

If now still sell LC 100 I changed it for New but for LC 200 do not want.

In Prado 150 disel i have filling near simce in Prado 120 i sit with open vindow,

it 150 louder than 120. And some plastic parts in interier cheapest than in 120

I not try 2009 Fortuner so i can not say anythink about this is car

i just talking ibout fact what i get.

You do know that mis-matched paint on a repair is nothing to do with it being either a Fortuner or a Toyota? It's all to do with the person who mixed and applied the paint. That could have happened with any of your other 200 cars.

What prompted you to have the bumper painted, presumably it had been damaged? Perhaps that has something to do with the panel gap and is not the fault of it being a Fortuner.

But it is not a matter of money - you can buy another SUV (Toyota OR another brand if you are so inclined) for the same price you sell yours for.

For money i sell i cant buy any new SUV. so it matter of moneyrolleyes.gif

But ofcouse i add some money when i am ready change.

Now just look what car buy next,

And have some personality. I have not decided how often I'll be living in Thailand and Where in Thailand.

If the main place of life will be Thailand, I will spend more money to buy a car. if not then add a few hundred k and buy something new (X-trail, CX-5, Everest , Accord) or import second hand WV CC, BMW X3,3,5 , MB c, E, Harrier , IS etcwai.gif

For money i sell i cant buy any new SUV. so it matter of moneyrolleyes.gif

But ofcouse i add some money when i am ready change.

Now just look what car buy next,

And have some personality. I have not decided how often I'll be living in Thailand and Where in Thailand.

If the main place of life will be Thailand, I will spend more money to buy a car. if not then add a few hundred k and buy something new (X-trail, CX-5, Everest , Accord) or import second hand WV CC, BMW X3,3,5 , MB c, E, Harrier , IS etcwai.gif

Of course NOT NEW - that is an UPGRADE. Just buy same year and options (or similar) USED. This isn't rocket science...

You do know that mis-matched paint on a repair is nothing to do with it being either a Fortuner or a Toyota? It's all to do with the person who mixed and applied the paint. That could have happened with any of your other 200 cars.

What prompted you to have the bumper painted, presumably it had been damaged? Perhaps that has something to do with the panel gap and is not the fault of it being a Fortuner.

Yes , wrong colour it be not Fortuner fall.

But why is not Toyota? Its Toyota Wrongs!!!

Tell you one thiks , buy NEW car you buy servise and suport in cost car.

I go paint so if Toyota CANT do simple job. How can be trust for another job when I give car for service and it MUST checking many thinks in car including those upon which my safety.

Yes my car get some scratches on parking, not damaged.

and front bumper have scratches from stones on the road so i paint its to because i have 1st class unsurance

so Why not?

But Graps front bumpers and wings.

Bumper at fortuner kak jelly, try on occasion, the new Fortuner NOT same.
As both sides wings seen in shear bolts.
If tomorrow (I hope) take the car out of service, I will show photo.
i am not realy hard use 2 year car. its be holiday car when i come to Thailand
so not much care
but last yaer i am almost stay in Thailand get near 40 k km on car
So i cant ignore many "horrible" thinks what i get from car and toyota.
And in some forum i read i am not alone with my problem, some owner say same about "jelly" plastic bumper and creaking in cabin.

Of course NOT NEW - that is an UPGRADE. Just buy same year and options (or similar) USED. This isn't rocket science...

ANY second hand car it rulet.

So when by second hand car you need to diagnose and replace the suspect, the vehicle not trusted parts.

And still have some cash in pocket for emergency replaicment.

Now i know my car and i do not "KILL" and care of car so chance it not have seriose replaicment BIGES than unknown car. And i know REAl milega on my car.

several times missed by transmission speed gearbox and brake are not pressed until the end (that I had heard in Thailand) have less resource transmission.
The traffic jam brake is holding and not switched on "N" ... etc.
I am not do with my car, but i do not know how use another car owner and many thinks you cant diagnose.

And i guess before 100k almast car can run without problem if not hard to kill car. But you do not know how use car another people.

give me car i can kill in 10 k easy and you cant its find easy diagnose and after 10-30k car start take money from pocket to pocket servicewink.png

so buy second hand car its still matter of money

if want buy simular car as you sell need add money.

This isn't rocket science but its not 2+2=4wai.gif

ANY second hand car it rulet.

So when by second hand car you need to diagnose and replace the suspect, the vehicle not trusted parts.

And still have some cash in pocket for emergency replaicment.

Now i know my car and i do not "KILL" and care of car so chance it not have seriose replaicment BIGES than unknown car. And i know REAl milega on my car.

several times missed by transmission speed gearbox and brake are not pressed until the end (that I had heard in Thailand) have less resource transmission.
The traffic jam brake is holding and not switched on "N" ... etc.
I am not do with my car, but i do not know how use another car owner and many thinks you cant diagnose.

And i guess before 100k almast car can run without problem if not hard to kill car. But you do not know how use car another people.

give me car i can kill in 10 k easy and you cant its find easy diagnose and after 10-30k car start take money from pocket to pocket servicewink.png

so buy second hand car its still matter of money

if want buy simular car as you sell need add money.

This isn't rocket science but its not 2+2=4wai.gif

Of the 100 cars you have had (as you said in your OP) 80 were USED CARS... only 20 new. Can you not tell a good used car from bad with all that car-owning experience?

Of the 100 cars you have had (as you said in your OP) 80 were USED CARS... only 20 new. Can you not tell a good used car from bad with all that car-owning experience?

More 100 its can be 101 and can be 120

more than 20 its can be 21 or 29

biggrin.png

but its nothing to mater

And Because i had some experience of used car so what why i say ANY used car it rulet.

And if you care of car normaly u sell and buy simular spec car have be difference of cost and need add money.

Ofcouse if you not look guy who have car as you like and his like your car and his Your friend and you ca see his care of car

its be fine change key to key.

biggrin.png

Yes , wrong colour it be not Fortuner fall.

But why is not Toyota? Its Toyota Wrongs!!!

Tell you one thiks , buy NEW car you buy servise and suport in cost car.

I go paint so if Toyota CANT do simple job. How can be trust for another job when I give car for service and it MUST checking many thinks in car including those upon which my safety.

Yes my car get some scratches on parking, not damaged.

and front bumper have scratches from stones on the road so i paint its to because i have 1st class unsurance

so Why not?

But Graps front bumpers and wings.

Bumper at fortuner kak jelly, try on occasion, the new Fortuner NOT same.

As both sides wings seen in shear bolts.

If tomorrow (I hope) take the car out of service, I will show photo.

i am not realy hard use 2 year car. its be holiday car when i come to Thailand

so not much care

but last yaer i am almost stay in Thailand get near 40 k km on car

So i cant ignore many "horrible" thinks what i get from car and toyota.

And in some forum i read i am not alone with my problem, some owner say same about "jelly" plastic bumper and creaking in cabin.

I have to agree with the OP here when he says 'fortuner kak jelly'.

Your paint job has nothing to do with the vehicle being called 'crap'...

My 4x4 Vigo is basically the some as a fortuner except the back end, it is in it's ninth year and has no "noises, creaks, rattles", absolutely nothing, so why is your ride different...?

Where you see i say crap?biggrin.png

i say horrible

and its not MY paint job

its TOYOTA paint job.

And if you do not have in you VIGO "noises, creaks, rattles"biggrin.png its nothing to say. becouse it Different car diferrent yaer edition

If you can say Vigo is basically the some as a fortuner except the back i cant any tell you

Becouse no need PHD degree to see the different body structure of the carbiggrin.pngcheesy.gif

And its Fact HAVE creaks.

the way for my Thai wife, its too, Not "noises, creaks, rattles".

cheesy.gif

And this is Very good car

But when we be in lao and i take my friend Land Cruise and after Prado 120 5 year old r She very likecheesy.gif And say its car double price so what why double better.

cheesy.gif

Ps

today i take my Fortuner

color still wrong. Quality painting it VERY HORRIBLE.

look like first time to do

After i can show photo .

there are lumps of something under the paint a lot of little bumps and pits, the paint got on the black plastic wheel arch linersfacepalm.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I really laughed when I saw it
And what I have to do? Or can to do?
sabay sabay
Monday I will go to another dealer
in total:
Near 2 weeks, I can not use my car
This is not the end
It can be for someone else it's OK
But not for me.
again Thailand Toyota - NOOOOOO.cheesy.gif
wai.gif

little bumps and pits on painting!!!

May be for some its OK.

but for me its NOT.

I many times ppainting car even my self.In China i am evry year painting paonting bumper on some my car. Because in parking many scrach.

And its cover insurance.

But this is

Out of my understanding.

post-219309-0-46829300-1452977927_thumb.

post-219309-0-66371400-1452978304_thumb.

post-219309-0-89191200-1452978345_thumb.

post-219309-0-11940000-1452978381_thumb.

Looking at the pics in addition to the excess paint it looks like the car has had more than just a few little bumps and scrapes.

I'd even go so far as to say it's had a fairly decent accident to cause that damage plus put the panel alignment out so far. Dented area 3rd photo post #54 as an example.

I assume this was fixed under insurance. Complain to the insurance company. They should come to check the car out. It should be fixed (again). maybe try another toyota dealer, as I would think the quality will vary across shops, even though it shouldn't.

Looking at the pics in addition to the excess paint it looks like the car has had more than just a few little bumps and scrapes.

I'd even go so far as to say it's had a fairly decent accident to cause that damage plus put the panel alignment out so far. Dented area 3rd photo post #54 as an example.

Where looking?

Ha ha.

You never repaint bumper after scrach?

3rd photo its show element of body kit. This is another topic discution . How horrible if apgrate car. And thiss is tuning its from dealer toyota recomendation.

I do not like if my car look so much simmular another car. All my car i get upgrate.

Fortuner just little. Not full body kit "Zercon"

Back bumper have scrach some 2-7 cm. So its look ugly and i am 2 year ago paint. In front bumper not realy skrach. Only 20-30 pc 2-5 mm from small stone when ride have. And few smal scrach from bugs .

And i am understand if rear bumper have grap because not "perfect" install parts body kit.

But at front bumper not have any part body kit. Not have incedent.

And have ugly gaps.

Gaps comming after few month i get car. And its start happened when i drive 140 up. So i guess it not good :

1. Bumper look like jelly.

2. Bumper aorodinamik not good

3. Fixed bumper not good enough.

An i am realy understand if its be body kit.

But its STANDART bumper from Toyota.

ps its realy not any incident in car.

Just scrach

but even if it was broken bumper, it is that something is changing? Only an accident with damage to body geometry can justify such treschiny.Da as if just such details as damage to the wing, replacing it with no problems and should not be.

Yes, appears the SUV was involved in an accident & repair.

Ha ha.

How you know?

Yes accident its be with rear!!! bumper in parking and its few scrach 3-7 cm.

Gaps it in FRONT bumpers.

Front bumper not be in accident.

Wind too.

Left wind with bumper have biggest grap. I guess it becouse mirror.

So in speed get move wind.

PS

even if the accident was and the bumper was damaged. Bumper simply change and not any gap should not be. at normal (good quality) car.

In China my Toyota reize (mark X)

5 time damaged bumpers in parking.

In Toyota service just change and not any problem.

Even change for not standart bamper

If somebody do not, i say again.

I am not realy complain.

And i am not say about Toyota its bad.

In past i owner many car from whis is brand. Some car from this is brand i LOVE.

Even i do not say Fortuner it bad.

I just share experiences on the specific model and year of manufacture. and all the while talking with humor. I have already passed the age when I prayed for cars. and cared for as a child. Topic make, just for fun and share my experience may be useful somebody. Yes!! I speak sometimes with sarcasm. because I am funny to read how prove what Toyota in Thailand is the best and most reliable car and best service. And Fortuner is very good. even a prestigious car.

If its best service and good car.

What its be if NOT, when some talk about Ford or Chevy?;)

I bought Fortuner as low cost car, working horse with some comfort, and brand give normal service even some truble have.

I guess its simular 4runner. Yes its not very comfort car as LC etc( am talking about 4runner)

But its fine. Becouse low cost.

And i am poor guy can not pay in Thaiand for some realy what i like .

In total i do not get what i pay.

No service. Not comfort( squeaks in the cabin). And poor qality manufactured( gaps)

I am sad?- Not realy. Just disappointed by the particular model.

Its really Big problem for me?- no, just share experience( i guess in forum its normal)

May be some style my "share experience" iys hard humor.

But its because for me funny lissen about best deal service and qulity from toyota . When i have another experionce.

Ps Sorry for my Poor English.

Its not my native lang.

Best regards.

Rubbish........My daughter 3 year old Fortuner has NO noises, nothing, gaps are perfect.....YOU have a problem with the paint guy, not your ride.....rolleyes.gif

Why you say to Rortuner Rubbish?

i not think so.rolleyes.gifwink.png

And i so happy you daughter is had perfect Fortuner.

Of course may be it be special edition for me ... BUT

i read some guy from Russian use this car near Siberia.

SO some guys like and say it GOOD car

but even this is guy accept bumper look like jelly or paper.

And have creaking doors.

But say its not big deal and this is guys:

1. Use more hard than me. (Russian road it not Thailand road.)

2 Many "Happy " owner Fortuner it first new car and befor some use 10-15 year old car with 100-200k km.wink.png

And i read few guys say who have experience owner many another SUV ( prado. Pajero, LC. Patrol) all say same

it worse money car. All talk about "paper plastic" and another. Better buy pajero sport or little add and get Pradowink.png

Ps

Of course i believe you.

For my Wife also not have any noises and its perfect car.cheesy.gif

Even gaps not see

If I had not laughed and pointed to the problems of painting. My wife could might not even notice it.

I had also thought that this is impossible with the the new car (started creaking doors and gaps in the first year whenI bought), but it is a fact and you can see this, if come to visit on a "bottle of coffee"biggrin.png

cheesy.gif

And how paint guy can make gaps and creaking doors , even before start painting?blink.png

wai.gif

Archived