Toyota Fortuner horrible nightmare

ardokano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that.

Wait a bit for TMT HQ to investigate this issue and I am sure it will get resolved.

If nothing else works, I will contact some of my old customers in TMT HQ service department to help sort it out.

Thanks.

Hope its be fine .

Does the Badge on the Vehicle say FORD by any chance ,tis a strange tail you tell

I find it a bit odd too. As you know the Vigo has the same front end as a Fortuner. Few years back Mrs.Trans had a cow, yes a cow run into the front of the Vigo rolleyes.gif . The plastic bumper was all over the place out of shape but not broken and no paint damage except a scuff. A bracket which was part of the headlight had broken off,

Ol' Trans pulled it all apart, fixed the bracket with a metal strip and a couple of screws. Reassembled the whole thing in no time with limited tools. Perfect, gaps as factory and polished out the scuff.. Years on the gaps are still perfect....smile.png

The cow did a runner and still cannot be traced...laugh.png

You have so poor vision and sore eyes that you did not see the cow on your way? Then it is not surprising that you do not see the obvious difference between the bumpers Vigo and Fortuner ( even Vigo have diferrent bumper). And even more so it is not surprising that you do not see gaps. May be you also deaf and hence is not hear squeaks?

Pc

Please!!!Do not drive car when you not have glass or drunk.

it can save the lives of not only the cow, but the people, too, which you may not see on your way, and are at risk of getting to know abd meet your Vigo bumper.

:)

Read my post again....I was not driving....rolleyes.gif

My 2007 Vigo has the same bumper/fitting as a Fortuner..........rolleyes.gif

I do bot know you driwing or not.

But never see cow hit bumper.

As you never see have problem with fortuner;)

Please stop trolling.

If you say some show fact.

May be you Vigo some special adition. But all vifo what i see have different bumper.

Befor 90kph it not big deal. But after 120kph even a couple of square centimeters difference holes (such as for headlights or airflow) can affect the strength of the bumper.

Heres a tip for your door squeak...Put some grease on the door latch thing on the body. Open and close the door a dozen times, remove the grease. When in Tesco buy a foam instant shoe shine, it is foam impregnated with silicone. Rub it around all the rubber door to body seals.

No charge for this info..If that don't work then adjust the door latch.

Bumpers on Vigo and Fortuner have changed shape during it's time. Wings have changed shape to accommodate trendy headlights too but the fixings are the same I would have thought...

PS, Near forgot, whilst in Tesco buy a tin of Sonax spray. Give all the door hinges a blast of the stuff, again open and shut the door a few times. Wipe off residue..

I really thanks for advice.

But you still do not understand my point.

Ofcouse i know how CAN fixed .

But its car on GUARANTY!!! this is car for some offroad

this is car used VERY care.

Yes i have some problem with some car door squeak , but all its car be more when 100 k and not ALL door, car more hard use. even some sedan more hard use.

If you do not know what roads in Russia, Ukraine, Kazahstan, Nigeria and some another place, I can find for you in video.

So my Fortuner start squeak door near 10 k km and even not have 1 year ...

I was just a BIG misunderstanding and confusion.

about bumper i do not say fixing its not same( i not see)

i just say design bumper have some different so it different bumpers.

And it true. I do not see any Vigo with gaps.

but Now I pay attention about Fortuner

so have look more than 20 Fotuner ( as my model) have gaps.

Then no answer for your problem from me..In sunny Ubon my chums have no problems with Fortuner or Vigo of all years with gaps.........

Me, a guy that has spent a lifetime building engines and fooling around with rides, has eyes wide open to stuff, it's what I do/did....Never seen your problem....BUT, would love to see it with my own eyes for sure...

Ha Ha

I bild few car( one offroad one for 1/4 mile and one only for fast ride in street), have part my business in auto indastry , But its nothing to metter.

We talking about NEW car with guaranty. For this is people PAY. I pay.

If you thinks its normal for New and on guaranty car fixed problem self. For me its not.

if i want some do my self

i buy second hand and upgrade for my needs...

If cant trust for dealer. So just buy second hand or some not for domestic market.

now I look accord 3.0 G7 , ofcouse it not perfect car and even as Japan( Europe ) and not comfort as Inspire, But what I can see in Thailand market it more suitable for my needs in Thailand market for near reasonable price. and money my pocket now.

So hope Toyota fixed all in my Fortuner and i some upgrade and it be for my wife ( she like ) and for me be accord g7.

And lets see what happened next year. may be i make some money and buy some more comfort and enjoy it or go another countrybiggrin.png .

But now I just little unpleasantly surprised from Toyota. its first i have it from this is brand.sad.png

There we have it. First time problem from a Toyota...Thats why I have the problem with your woes....But as we all know at times a 'pig' will always show up with even the high end brands....

Your problem is totally regarding your Toyota body shop staff........Your prob is easy stuff to fix....If your prob was inherent we would read it here...We never have...

Abouts gaps its not first , but many owner do not think its big deal.

about painting

believe me i very BIG surprised!!

it first time see not only from Toyota from ANY brand I have car.

and about squeak door i do not think it dealer staff. its may be some worse quality construction.

Again I can repeat:.

it can waiting from chines car , but from TOYOTA!!blink.png

if you had deal with engine and many car you must understand what about i talking

in total I thinks:

1. Fortuner as camry just BIG advertising.. so money go for advertising not for production.

Never understanding how can buy camry VX40 2.4bah.gif if have mark X better quality, quieter, faster, more reliable( for example in China market sale bouth )

And ofcouse if spell money for advertising mark X as Camry . price it be more hight. so why we have Camry.

2. Have some mistake and unprofessional from staff one dealer, after another dealer do not want lost money and i see it be practical in Thailand ,

less requests quality service for car. People accept it.

when i dispute with staff for many days and times.

people do not really understand what it was about. not only the staff, but including my wife and a few customers waiting or who give service to his car.

For them it was normalblink.png

so.

today go as job to Toyota service.

1. Heazter on Fortuner 2012-2015 3.0 disel with climat control NOT have.

2. front bumper paint is fine.

3. Plastic on front wind still not fixed. I againe show how must be, in service and near have alot fortuner and Vigo , guys toch, understand about what i talking( as last time) but say its impossible plastic fixed as new!!blink.png

I am shoked...

4. Some Fortuner near service nad graps even have some plastic simular not well fixed... but i be shoked not do photo

In total

I AM TIRED from Toyota Fortuner anmd Toyota Thailand

before i guess it be fixed. i buy some car for fun and injoy and leave fortuner

Now NOT fixed

lost my time i do not want..

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

try sell it. never come to Toyota in Thailand..

try forget this is nightmare...

so.

3. Plastic on front wind still not fixed. I againe show how must be, in service and near have alot fortuner and Vigo , guys toch, understand about what i talking( as last time) but say its impossible plastic fixed as new!!blink.png

I am shoked...

4. Some Fortuner near service nad graps even have some plastic simular not well fixed... but i be shoked not do photo

In total

Now NOT fixed

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

Welcome to the Ford Everest, we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

so.

I am shoked...

In total

Now NOT fixed

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

l think that I understand your problem ... solution - take it down the scrapee ....then get yourself one of those brilliant and gap free EVs...good luck ... especially with Ford Service ... out of the frying pan ...............

so.

I am shoked...

In total

Now NOT fixed

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

The Everest seems a no brainer on paper, but on a recent 650Km drive down from Loei to Pattaya I never saw one on the road, not one, just the usual suspects, Fortuners way ahead of PJS and a couple of MUx, Ford did have a presence with quite a few Rangers but again way behind Toyota and Isuzu.

I guess it comes down to the perceived reliability and dealer service, if the Everest was a Toyota Everest, I'd have one already, but I'm holding out to see how the reliability and service standards pan out, besides the Mark II or Mark III will be more sorted and should get a few more gizmos.In the meantime I'm quite confident my Fortuner will keep doing what it's been doing for the last 10 years, getting me to where I want to go without any fuss.

From a guy who owns a workshop here in North East Isaan...Ford, Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi or any other brand all come in with the same issues.

Parts used on a Ford are made by the same guys who make the parts for Toyota or Isuzu. Reliability wise, I am certain all brands come in at the same.

Dealer service wise...that's another story :)

so.

I am shoked...

In total

Now NOT fixed

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

The Everest seems a no brainer on paper, but on a recent 650Km drive down from Loei to Pattaya I never saw one on the road, not one, just the usual suspects, Fortuners way ahead of PJS and a couple of MUx, Ford did have a presence with quite a few Rangers but again way behind Toyota and Isuzu.

I guess it comes down to the perceived reliability and dealer service, if the Everest was a Toyota Everest, I'd have one already, but I'm holding out to see how the reliability and service standards pan out, besides the Mark II or Mark III will be more sorted and should get a few more gizmos.In the meantime I'm quite confident my Fortuner will keep doing what it's been doing for the last 10 years, getting me to where I want to go without any fuss.

Not seeing one doesn't mean anything does it? I know up north and north-east it's an Isuzu stronghold, a company like Ford would have to put a load cash into dealerships and marketing. I just don't think they're interested in that. We get the benefit of the Everest purely because they're built here. Other RHD markets seem to be their objective not us, but I'm happy with that as the pricing is very favorable for us here.

I'm in Bangkok so no issues with finding a dealer, but if I was in your situation i.e. a less suburban setting I'd have to look at the Japanese brands.

Don't see reliability being a major issue as the T6 Ranger has been solid for most people. Aftersales service and spare parts are the only issue for me, but that's why I'm pleased to have a Ford connection to sort me out. If I had a Mitsubishi connection I'd deffo be considering a PJS but as it is I'm now (or shortly will be) a Ford man.

From a guy who owns a workshop here in North East Isaan...Ford, Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi or any other brand all come in with the same issues.

Parts used on a Ford are made by the same guys who make the parts for Toyota or Isuzu. Reliability wise, I am certain all brands come in at the same.

Dealer service wise...that's another story :)

Sod's law whatever car you get will be a lemon. It's what they do after you bought it that will be the real test.

so.

I am shoked...

In total

Now NOT fixed

it realy

horrible nightmare

car and service

Not seeing one doesn't mean anything does it? I know up north and north-east it's an Isuzu stronghold, a company like Ford would have to put a load cash into dealerships and marketing. I just don't think they're interested in that. We get the benefit of the Everest purely because they're built here. Other RHD markets seem to be their objective not us, but I'm happy with that as the pricing is very favorable for us here.

I'm in Bangkok so no issues with finding a dealer, but if I was in your situation i.e. a less suburban setting I'd have to look at the Japanese brands.

Don't see reliability being a major issue as the T6 Ranger has been solid for most people. Aftersales service and spare parts are the only issue for me, but that's why I'm pleased to have a Ford connection to sort me out. If I had a Mitsubishi connection I'd deffo be considering a PJS but as it is I'm now (or shortly will be) a Ford man.

Could you please PM me his name ...just for a rainy day☺ Ford Chaengwattana have an english speaking guy in charge of their Service Dept. By reputation they are okay ... lucky because we only live a few kms away ...too far to push the EV though

so.. Now i am in Toyota service...

nothing to change from last time.

just add few new scratch in my car and try give me not clean car...

i do not know...

may be for Thailand it normal..

because Toyota in another country never give me this is service..

I do not have my car near month..

Ace of Pop, on 04 Feb 2016 - 18:26, said:Ace of Pop, on 04 Feb 2016 - 18:26, said:

Funny he writes normal English in iz other posts.crazy.gif

The quality of his tinglish mixed with something else is great, I just love it ... and the crazy spellings. I thought it might be just an excess of Chang, but all day! I give the guy credit, could anyone else sober or pissed write that stuff. And so much bad luck ... for a guy who appears, through the fog, to be quite knowledgeable about the car world.

Keep it up please, I enjoy the reads. The English is completely confusing my wife though. smile.png

so.. Now i am in Toyota service...

nothing to change from last time.

just add few new scratch in my car and try give me not clean car...

i do not know...

may be for Thailand it normal..

because Toyota in another country never give me this is service..

I do not have my car near month..

Think folk just don't like you..I wonder why...whistling.gif

But that is a big learning curve in LOS, to learn stuff...smile.png

Ha ha

like do not like it reason for be horrible car?

or another Fortuner this gaps it do not like too? or its start from manufactur?

biggrin.png

Or ihave more easy ansver..

Buyer Fortuner in Thailand ( or even toyota) its have just low standart.. and even do not know how its can be from Toyota in another place..

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Today I look how is happy take Altis from service one a young Thai couple..

And i can't say it be perfect paintig jobcheesy.gif

But Girl be HAPPY take car back...

It may be for someone and it does not squeak squeaksfacepalm.gif

For example in China was a mistake bumper and door painting. i guess poorly polished and had two points of 1 cm shade stood near the corner .. ..

Toyota fixed all for 3 days, gave me coupons for service and spare parts equivalent to more than a hundred dollars and gave me the car in the parking lot of my condo with an apology and almost a full tank( i give be less hulf) + free dry cleaning of interior and wash the engine.

But in Thailand near 1 monthblink.png cant painting normal only 2 bumpers..

about gaps.. its realy look like "chines quality "car i mean not best "chines quality "

Again sorry to hear they can't fix your problem.

Toyota China has a great reputation though as they are one of the first to implement E-CRV for Toyota outside of Japan.

Fully automatic customer follow-up through IPAD, etc. It really is impressive.

My old company tried to get it to come to Thailand, but unfortunately after months of proposing to TMT,

we just couldn't get Thai management to understand the importance of future investing in customer care.

I mean Toyota made a leap forward with G-BOOK and T-CONNECT, but at the dealer side nothing much has changed the past 5 years or so.

They still use the same old E-BOOK as a sales guide instead of implementing digital signage tools for customers (only Toyota Suvarnabhumi has it, because the owner likes digital stuff).

Did TMT revert back to you already?

• 3 weeks later...

fans of Toyota Fortuner and Toyota service. tell me where the dealer can give efficient service. I am willing to travel to any region of Thailand, now I am in Bangkok. it is a matter of principle. I want to have my Fortuner is not falling apart as the Chinese fake.:(

Again gaps on the bumper. Again the entire vehicle interior creaks and pops. also I began bad hold the road and after 130-140kmph beats wheel (wheel balancing can certainly, I hope).

post-219309-0-10927800-1455990620_thumb.

fans of Toyota Fortuner and Toyota service. tell me where the dealer can give efficient service. I am willing to travel to any region of Thailand, now I am in Bangkok. it is a matter of principle. I want to have my Fortuner is not falling apart as the Chinese fake.sad.png

Again gaps on the bumper. Again the entire vehicle interior creaks and pops. also I began bad hold the road and after 130-140kmph beats wheel (wheel balancing can certainly, I hope).

Just sell it a buy an Everest - you know you want to anyway :P

fans of Toyota Fortuner and Toyota service. tell me where the dealer can give efficient service. I am willing to travel to any region of Thailand, now I am in Bangkok. it is a matter of principle. I want to have my Fortuner is not falling apart as the Chinese fake.sad.png

Just sell it a buy an Everest - you know you want to anyway tongue.png

Agreed, then we can all sleep at night.........laugh.png

Ha ha

I am sleep well as child.

But YOUR point is Fortuner its real as fake chines car? And its cant fixed ? And Toyota in Thailand ots horrible service?

Is you point?

;)

Just sell it a buy an Everest - you know you want to anyway :P

I am poor guy. So no money for new car.

And SUV in family in my opinion must be second car.

So next its be sedan i Thailand if i still stay.

:(

But if i need SUV in Thaimarket EVEREST its first good choice in big SUV.:)

Just sell it a buy an Everest - you know you want to anyway tongue.png

Agreed, then we can all sleep at night.........laugh.png

Ha ha

I am sleep well as child.

But YOUR point is Fortuner its real as fake chines car? And its cant fixed ? And Toyota in Thailand ots horrible service?

Is you point?

wink.png

As you think your Fortuner was built/repaired by children you should have the right attitude when you wake up to give it a restcoffee1.gif (I know you won't but hopefully the Mods will)

Archived