Crocodile that ate Australia woman's arm destroyed

webfact

Crocodile that ate Australia woman's arm destroyed

DARWIN: -- A 2.2m (7.2ft) crocodile that ripped a woman's arm off in north-west Australia has been killed.

The woman, in her 60s, was sitting by a creek at Wyndham when the saltwater crocodile attacked her.

She was flown by the Royal Flying Doctor Service to Darwin and remains in hospital in a stable condition.

Wildlife authorities told the BBC that traps were deployed to capture the "problem crocodile".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35308162

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-01-15

Did the Crock come into the woman's yard or home and attack her?

Do the water's of N. Australia have an abundance of flesh eating Crocks?

If we go to the water's edge and just sit there waving all that meat around...is the Crock at fault for taking the bait?

Does a Crock distinguish between human flesh and other animals? Who is at fault here?

Maybe Australia should offer "safe" zones near the water where Crocks can not get close to all those lovely Australian meals...

Wow, killed for doing something that is just natural for its species...that blows. The lady should have known not to sit on a riverbank in a known saltie environment.

Too many salties at the moment. The hunters should be allowed to cull near population areas. coffee1.gif

The saltie were there first...maybe they should cull out the humans ?

If we go to the water's edge and just sit there waving all that meat around...is the Crock at fault for taking the bait?

Does a Crock distinguish between human flesh and other animals? Who is at fault here?

Maybe Australia should offer "safe" zones near the water where Crocks can not get close to all those lovely Australian meals...

Do you blame a tourist for wearing a bikini or watch etc which then encourages a hard up or just lazy person to rip them off because (supposedly) they know no better or they think it is ok...........

Irrelevant to the above but condolences to the victim and hope she recovers.

Because this crocodile attacked a person and it was in an area used by people and pets it was imperative that we removed it and we ensured that it was destroyed quickly and humanely," he said.

It is understood the woman suffers from alzheimer's disease and may be struggling to recall the traumatic event.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/crocodile-destroyed-after-wa-attack-that-took-womans-arm-in-wyndham-20160115-gm6pxy.html#ixzz3xL0YvPaJ

Man eaters need to be removed from the population in the same way a man eating lion would be destroyed.

Its a shame, by the time they got round to killing it that poor old crock would have been completely armless.

They found the lady's hand and arm in the guts after it was destroyed.

Lucky it was a salt-water croc, nothing worse than old lady flavored meat.

Did she get her watch back?

All she needs now is to loose an eye and she can pretend she is Nelson.

I met an Irish guy with a false arm on the Channel ferry once. He had 1 more in a bag and told me he was an arms salesman - true story.

Of bloody course its a terrible thing to happen. Hope she is ok.

The Croc's are almost reaching plague proportions in some parts of far Nth Qld , NT & Norther WA.

Not long back the wife and I were travelling along a remote track in the NT and at one River crossing I counted in excess of 30 Croc's within a vehicle length of the crossing, some big ones too & some of them wouldn't out of the way to get the vehicle through.

Even when a croc has had a big meal it will still take the opportunity to kill something else and wedge the carcass under the water amongst the roots of a riverbank tree. It won't eat you alive necessarily, just clap down on your limb then start rolling around and around in an attempt to drown you.

This lady was lucky her arm was severed but it wouldn't be nice having your arm remove in such a fashion.

She's not out of the woods yet, as Croc's mouths contain more nasties than an isaan beauty on walking street......infection is guaranteed.

Perhaps you know nothing about AU. Crocs are protected and have been for a long time. They are top of food chain and way over populated. Culls are necessary. Too many tree huggers in Australia.

The Croc's are almost reaching plague proportions in some parts of far Nth Qld , NT & Norther WA.

Not long back the wife and I were travelling along a remote track in the NT and at one River crossing I counted in excess of 30 Croc's within a vehicle length of the crossing, some big ones too & some of them wouldn't out of the way to get the vehicle through.

Even when a croc has had a big meal it will still take the opportunity to kill something else and wedge the carcass under the water amongst the roots of a riverbank tree. It won't eat you alive necessarily, just clap down on your limb then start rolling around and around in an attempt to drown you.

This lady was lucky her arm was severed but it wouldn't be nice having your arm remove in such a fashion.

She's not out of the woods yet, as Croc's mouths contain more nasties than an isaan beauty on walking street......infection is guaranteed.

When you met up with all those crocs, I bet you wished your government hadn't confiscated all your guns ?

so that wallet i bought might actually be croc!!!

sweet.

If it is sweet it is more likely to be a Thai crocodile, the Australian salt-water crocs are well............kind of salty.

I fact Thai crocs are so sweet that the poor crazy woman tourist who tried to commit suicide by jumping in the pool at the Samut Prakarn croc farm had to go back in three time before she could get one to bite her.

What were they thinking letting a poor old lady with Alzheimer's sit alone (unarmed) on a chair, on the river bank, by a river full of ravening giant crocs?

I fact if this had happened in Thailand, for sure the TV detectives would have already sniffed out the suspicious bits and would have proved beyond doubt that her Thai husband (who really was not out with one of his miianoi's at the time - it was just a woman that looked like a mianoi) had arranged for the nurse (who also looked very suspiciously like a mianoi) to wander off for those few vital moments where he had arranged for the croc to be there, just so he could claim on the insurance. Expecting no doubt to get the full whack and not just the “loss of limb or eye” bit.

But most importantly, are they absolutely sure it was not a Burmese crocodile? Did they get a signed confession before it met its untimely and apparently only alf armless end.

For the concerned conservationists on ThaiVisa, here's a couple of animals, also recently caught in Western Australia, that were released after capture:

attachicon.gifsharks.jpg

I knew I hadn't seen the ex lately, "unhand that woman you cads, you don't know where see's been".