30 day Tourist day extension at the Pattaya Immigration office

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Thanks @ubonjoe  I''m actually staying in an hotel   -  do you think I'll be OK if i take a printed receipt from the hotel as i did before?  Surely they don't expect hotel owners to go to Jomtien for every guest who wants to extend...... do they? AFAIK the hotel (not a small guesthouse) notifies immigration according to the law.

BTW, in case I wasn't clear, this is an SETV that I want to extend to give me a total of less than 90 days this trip to LOS. I arrived Jan 24th and plan to leave before Songkran

" Surely they don't expect hotel owners to go to Jomtien for every guest who wants to extend...... do they?  "

I would be interested to know the answer to this question also (in view of the fact the  online system is not working according to reports on this forum )

Edited by Asiantravel

44 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

yes but how do they do it if they cannot do it online? And this is with regards to every guest that arrives daily

There is a system in place where hotels enter all guests on an Excel spreadsheet then email it everyday to immigration at the end of the day. I very doubt they are doing though as most never done it when the system was online. I include hotels such as The Landmark, The Hilton, and Novotel in that as I have stayed in all of them and NONE of them reported me when the system was working as I since found out. I wouldn't rely ever again on a hotel reporting me.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience Tuesday 14th March 2017

I took the following to Jomtien Immigration:

Passport

Photograph

Completed TM7 form

1900 Baht

1 copy of each of:                           

Passport photo page

Visa page   (SETV)                                                                                     * on same sheet

Entry Stamp showing permission to stay until 24th March 2017     * on same sheet

Departure Card (TM6)

Printout from hotel showing all payments, arrival & departure dates and TM6 number

Printed extract of the spreadsheet that the hotel sent to Immigration showing all registered      guests

This last item was prompted by comments on this thread

and I’d like to thank   @ubonjoe  for checking it for me and confirming it would be acceptable

(I also took my Airline ticket printed off the ‘net – once again not needed)  

As before I arrived early and at 07:50, we were ushered in and the officer on the front desk checked all the above copies and stamped and clipped them together along with a ticket - #101 indicating that I was #1 in the queue for desk #1

He also went to give me a TM30 at which point I politely offered him the printed spreadsheet to which I referred above. The IO seemed impressed with this, put the TM30 back on the stack, stapled all my documents together and told me to sit and wait.

Having ticket No 1, I was called to the desk at 08:30

The officer behind the desk went through all the paperwork stamping and signing and asked me for 1900 Baht for which I got a receipt. My picture was taken and she appeared to be checking all details very thoroughly – much more so than last year – there was much looking at screens and entering of details onto phones and computers – obviously as I was on the public side of the counter, I’ve no idea what was being checked!

Anyway,  I was once again walking out of the door with my 30 day extension with the date stamped in red alongside the original entry stamp at approx 08:50.  As last time I confirm that the extension runs from when the original Permission to stay expired so I’m now good until 23rd April 2017.

One more “FYI” to  @ubonjoe   – I filled in both the original handwritten TM7 and the new Fillable TM7 you recommended - the IO preferred to take the old-style form.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

This post is informative. I wanted to see if there are any updates, especially regarding the "proof of address". I came across these two notices from Immigration, posted online. As you can see, they are quite specific.

I'm staying at an Airbnb, should I produce my receipt, plus fill out the TM 30 form on the premises, plus provide a copy of the owner's ID? Would that be enough?

Also, a question for Ubonjoe, I'm in BKK now, I'll be in Pattaya July 20, my visa-exemption ends on Aug 4. Should I do this at Chaeng Wattana (which might be more "tourist-friendly" and where I never had a problem before)?

Thanks.

Visa-extension-proof-of-address-requirements.jpg

visa-extension-proof-of-address.jpg

10 hours ago, elzach said:

Also, a question for Ubonjoe, I'm in BKK now, I'll be in Pattaya July 20, my visa-exemption ends on Aug 4. Should I do this at Chaeng Wattana (which might be more "tourist-friendly" and where I never had a problem before)?

If you go to Chaeng Wattana on the 18th or 19th they would do the 30 day extension for you. They don't ask for a TM30 form there. Only the basic requirements to apply for the extension and the 1900 baht fee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you go to Chaeng Wattana on the 18th or 19th they would do the 30 day extension for you. They don't ask for a TM30 form there. Only the basic requirements to apply for the extension and the 1900 baht fee.

Thanks Ubonjoe. My visa-exempt stamp is valid till Aug. 4. If I go on the 19th, it's not "too early", correct?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 11:20 AM, ubonjoe said:

They will do it at CW. 

Ubonjoe, I didn't do it at CW. I'm in Pattaya now till Aug 3. I can go tomorrow to Jomtien to do it.

Or I can go to CW on Aug 4, the very date when my visa-exemption stamp is valid to. Would that be considered late? or frowned upon? (i.e. "he waited till the very last minute to get his extension")?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, elzach said:

Ubonjoe, I didn't do it at CW. I'm in Pattaya now till Aug 3. I can go tomorrow to Jomtien to do it.

Or I can go to CW on Aug 4, the very date when my visa-exemption stamp is valid to. Would that be considered late? or frowned upon? (i.e. "he waited till the very last minute to get his extension")?

Thanks!

You can do it tomorrow without a problem.

The last day is not considered late. After that it is late and will result in a overstay fine of 500 baht per day.

The 4th is a Friday a normally busy day at immigration. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do it tomorrow without a problem.

The last day is not considered late. After that it is late and will result in a overstay fine of 500 baht per day.

The 4th is a Friday a normally busy day at immigration. 

Thanks so much Ubonjoe. Your fast replies are of great help.

Btw, I know this has been discussed before several times, if the stamp says "Admitted until Aug. 4", that means one has to leave on Aug 4, or Aug 5?

5 minutes ago, elzach said:

Btw, I know this has been discussed before several times, if the stamp says "Admitted until Aug. 4", that means one has to leave on Aug 4, or Aug 5?

You have to leave on the 4th.

• Thanks 1

To Ubonjoe and everyone else here.

I just came back from Jomtien Immigration. I was in and out in 10 minutes (about 2:00 pm), with my 30-day visa-exemption extension. I spent more time filling out the forms on site and getting copies of everything.

I said "forms" because, yes, the TM-30 is handed out to you automatically, along with the TM-7. The guy making copies (and advising and taking photos) next door told me it's nothing to worry about and explained how to fill it out.

I had a hotel reservation and a "clean" passport (just 2 entries and 1 extension over the last 18 months), so "your mileage may vary".

There were far more people doing 90-day reporting and change of address btw.

Tip: If you have any questions, go to the guys right next door, inside the parking lot, making copies. They probably have seen it all.

@elzach So to be clear, you filled in the usual TM7, they gave you a TM30 (presumably just to fill in the hotel name & address?) but what exactly did you show for "hotel reservation"?

Was it a receipt from where you're staying, an email giving your itinerary or what exactly? 

26 minutes ago, VBF said:

@elzach So to be clear, you filled in the usual TM7, they gave you a TM30 (presumably just to fill in the hotel name & address?) but what exactly did you show for "hotel reservation"?

Was it a receipt from where you're staying, an email giving your itinerary or what exactly? 

Yes, for the TM 30 I filled in the hotel name and address and for the hotel reservation I just handed in my prepaid reservation receipt from Hotels.com.

Btw, I forgot to include in my earlier post, the guy at the photo-copying next door told me that an Airbnb receipt is usually no problem either. My guess though is that with an Airbnb they may "examine" the TM 30 in more detail though. I would think that it may also make a difference whether the landlord is Thai or foreigner, as we can imagine.

Edited by elzach
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, elzach said:

Yes, for the TM 30 I filled in the hotel name and address and for the hotel reservation I just handed in my prepaid reservation receipt from Hotels.com.

Btw, I forgot to include in my earlier post, the guy at the photo-copying next door told me that an Airbnb receipt is usually no problem either. My guess though is that with an Airbnb they may "examine" the TM 30 in more detail though. I would think that it may also make a difference whether the landlord is Thai or foreigner, as we can imagine.

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, Seani Oflaherty said:

I see a lot of talk about extending 60 day visa - I have 30 day visa issued on arrival - I am assuming I can also get that extended in Jomtien? Thanks in advance for advice

You apparently have a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa entry.

You can extend it for 30 days at immigration unless your entry is from a bilateral agreement. What is your nationality?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently have a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa entry.

You can extend it for 30 days at immigration unless your entry is from a bilateral agreement. What is your nationality?

UK & thanks 4 reply! yes you are correct it is not really a visa - just a 30 day stamp on arrival at airport

Consider this scenario - I arrive in Thailand on SETV and travel around,staying at various hotels/guest houses.Around the middle of my stay,one hotel does not do the TM30,although the most recent hotel does.When I go to apply for a 30 day extension,how likely is it the the immig. officer will examine the TM30 reports and notice that there is a gap in the dates ( where one hotel failed to report ) and so demand a fine ?

4 minutes ago, persimmon said:

Consider this scenario - I arrive in Thailand on SETV and travel around,staying at various hotels/guest houses.Around the middle of my stay,one hotel does not do the TM30,although the most recent hotel does.When I go to apply for a 30 day extension,how likely is it the the immig. officer will examine the TM30 reports and notice that there is a gap in the dates ( where one hotel failed to report ) and so demand a fine ?

Hotels are required to do the reports so their would be almost be zero chance of you being fined.

Also most immigration offices would not be going back through the records to check for previous reports.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to do my first visa extension ever.

Copies of my passport and visa shouldnt be a problem to fix. Also making a small photo somewhere in Pattaya should be easily managed. However, do I need some kind of receipt from my hotel that I'm staying there? I'm staying at a guesthouse and I pay monthly. They only give me a handwritten note. Is that sufficient? 

If I have everything above + 1900 baht, am I good? 

2 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm about to do my first visa extension ever.

Copies of my passport and visa shouldnt be a problem to fix. Also making a small photo somewhere in Pattaya should be easily managed. However, do I need some kind of receipt from my hotel that I'm staying there? I'm staying at a guesthouse and I pay monthly. They only give me a handwritten note. Is that sufficient? 

If I have everything above + 1900 baht, am I good? 

Ask the guesthouse about TM30 notification of your presence at the guesthouse and see if they can give you a copy proving it has been done. Even if the notification is done online (quite likely) there should still be a printed acknowledgement. Given Jomtien's reported strict insistence on TM30 notifications, this may well avoid grief.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 3:16 AM, BritTim said:

Ask the guesthouse about TM30 notification of your presence at the guesthouse and see if they can give you a copy proving it has been done. Even if the notification is done online (quite likely) there should still be a printed acknowledgement. Given Jomtien's reported strict insistence on TM30 notifications, this may well avoid grief.

You can only get a 'sent' receipt. There is no facility to get or print a receipt that the report was actually received. You need to get that direct from immigration. Jomtien won't accept a sent report as confirmation of the report actually being done. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, Lovethailandelite said:

You can only get a 'sent' receipt. There is no facility to get or print a receipt that the report was actually received. You need to get that direct from immigration. Jomtien won't accept a sent report as confirmation of the report actually being done. 

Bumping this thread to ask:

In the past, I've got a printout from the hotel showing that they have submitted the TM30. This WAS sufficient in 2018 and 2017.

Also, having been given that printout, the IO handed me back the completed TM30 as not needed. (I also took a folio printout from hotel showing all payments)

Is this still the case and, is my procedure detailed in post #36 still correct?

This was from 2017 but also worked in 2018   @ubonjoe Your comment would be much appreciated, as ever, if possible. I also plan to do it 9 days before my permission to stay expires (as I have before)

Edited by VBF