Comfortable on 65k baht?

akdraw

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2016 at 5:49 PM, cyberfarang said:

Not that easy.

You should have at least 2 million baht savings as a back up for medical and other eventualities. Must be prepared for falling bank exchange rates and in the future the retirement fund of 65000 baht a month or 800000 baht in the bank could increase. Too many people like you coming over on just enough money budgets, a lot of them eventually end up with big problems.

You're assuming he doesn't have any savings.

On 1/17/2016 at 7:49 PM, akdraw said:

Thanks guys

Thanks Oscar, healthcare & insurance on the list. I do believe you've ruined me on street food.

"Borax, Formalin, dangerous pesticides, re-used cooking oil washed in bleach" and that comes with a side of white rice. I've had that.

Most instances of food poisoning can be traced to the eater not washing hands first.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:01 AM, akdraw said:

Thank you Lowriesuzanne,

I've never been to Chiang Mai but I have been to Bangkok a couple times, ten + years ago. I ate a lot of street food and the only time I got sick was after eating at a high quality restaurant named Burger king. I do know you're right and I need to be careful where and what i eat. Look forward to trying the places you mentioned. Thanks

I realise this is a zombie thread but..........................

If I had a budget of 65,000 a month I'd be like a pig in ......

I rent a very nice room for 15,000 everything included, and food only costs me maximum of 300 a day ( being generous ), but I don't eat at expensive restaurants.

Obviously not including one offs such as entertainment, insurance, transport rental, tours or visa extensions etc.

However, if I was into drinking and monging, 65k wouldn't be anywhere near enough.

Enough cheap restaurants around in C M not to need to eat off food carts, though I do like a nice rotti now and then.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

The sad truth is that almost everyone over the age of 60 is alone.

As they live longer they become more alone as friends and family die off.

In the west almost everyone who lives long enough will be in a care home, or living in a house on their own.

That's just the way life is.

If you don't want to be alone, you need to die young.

Very true, which is why it puzzles me so many want to live forever.

Rest home= hell on earth. Why would anyone want to live in one?

Sure, you can live on 65k these days. You probably can't die on it. Whether or not that's a comfort is up to you. No one else's metric really will apply to you. 

That's not meant to be cold. Every day here is better than a day elsewhere if here is where you want to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 1:59 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Very true, which is why it puzzles me so many want to live forever.

Rest home= hell on earth. Why would anyone want to live in one?

I plan on living forever.....So far so good.