New Bus stops in Jomtien ?

lonewolf99

Anyone else spotted them ? Some are only 50 mtrs apart. They are at the Machanu Statue and outside 7/11's along the pointless 2nd road in Jomtien.

They are brand new signs but the same style as the old ones that were for the Red Circle bus that lasted no time coz nobody wanted to go as far as the Floating market for no reason on a round trip.

Being the ultimate cynic.... I guess they are not for a new bus service. They are being put in as part of the ongoing, for ever work on this pot holed carpet bombed excuse of a road - 7 years and counting and still not finished properly.

Somebody somewhere had the contract to put up the bus stops and has eventually got round to putting them in.

Someone else had the contract for the original ones with the seats, only ever used by beggers and filthy vagrants to sleep on.

I cannot begin to think who would travel on a bus on this road that doubles back on itself for over 1km when you get to Sukh.

Sadly, I imagine there is no bus, there is no known route, there is no timetable, there is no point, or it is a money gathering excercise.

Unless ....tah dah !!!! ...someone out there in Thai Visa land knows different ? Go on enlighten me...am I totally wrong?

Now don't jump to any conclusions. Just because there are bus stops, don't mean phase two (actually having buses) is on the "to do" list. I like the Bangkok bus stop near shelter in front of airport bus station in Jomtien.... how did that get there?

Edited by Emster23

I have seen bus shelters for a few years there now.

I guess they at one stage had plans to run a bus service......

Then the Baht bus mafia went to city hall and told them no......

But the contracts of building the shelters had already been awarded to the "family" of someone....

wai2.gif

I live on 2nd Road by Soi 5 and those bus stops have been there a couple of years now. They even have bus route numbers on some of them so I guess there was a 'plan' at some point to run bus services. But perhaps they have had second thoughts?

Indeed this thread is from 2012. Hard to say how long the bus stops/signs had been there then.

These new Bus stops are 2 either side of the Machanu statue, one outside the big 7/11 south of the Rompo Bars and a few others on the opposite side of the road.

I first noticed guys putting bases in with threaded bar coming out of the ground a few weeks ago. Now they have bolted on the Bus stops.

Of course there will be no busses...

Just as an example of how things don't happen here. In the first week of Nov 2015 a squad of about 15 women cleaned up the section of 2nd road just past the Rompho bars. They bagged up the rubbish and set the bags at the side of the road and .....they are still there.

the bus service is great... i dont know what you are complaining about yet again... always complaining... just go, sit and relax, have a tiny little bit of what they call patience, and the bus will come along and take you to your destination. it is not that complicated.. just again a tiny little bit of patience.. smell the roses not the dog sh*t

Further to my last...just spotted 2 more new stops. One outside the 7/11 just down from Pastrami and Rye and 50 mtrs on outside the TMB bank at the entrance of View Talay 2....that is 4 stops within 150 mtrs....

I thought train spotters were sad - now I am chasing Bus stops.... Don Quixote style...

the bus service is great... i dont know what you are complaining about yet again... always complaining... just go, sit and relax, have a tiny little bit of what they call patience, and the bus will come along and take you to your destination. it is not that complicated.. just again a tiny little bit of patience.. smell the roses not the dog sh*t

There are really buses coming?

I don't see them.

The shelters I've seen on 2nd road are used by homeless people and beggars to get out of the sun and take a nap. They're really relaxing ... more like dying.

I'm really asking. I don't see any buses there.

There are bus shelters on the corner and if I remembered correctly, along the new stretch of Jomtien 2nd road where it joined Sukhumvit south of Chaiyapruk... I have yet to see any unchartered bus service down there..

The defunct mini-bus down to Jomtien still has their stops along beach road too, I still see one in front of what used to be the 'Kuffa' restaurant on the corner of Dong Tan beach where the 7-11 is... the advertising on the bus stops look to still be updated too

Ha, I've just seen them, and no wonder, you can't miss them , they are huge. Strange that they are just a few meters apart too?

They are obviously very new, so there's maybe going to be a bus soon, as they say bus stop. One is in front of the newish pub The Cove, and the other a few meters away at the 7/11.