Opening a chicken farm in Buriram?

mallet36

My opinion, before start farming, should look for who you will sell to, otherwise contact to the CP rep or Cargill rep in that area and go as their contract farm. if you wanna raise below 10 thousands birds, then lets do it for fun. market price is varied a lot and more than 95% of bird population controlled by big companies.

if you like to be as a contract farm, you will need to invest around 200 Thai Baht per birds, this gonna be covering all the cost. the profit excluding depreciation and labor cost will be around 12-18 Baht per bird per cycle.

Edited by Mr Kie

My opinion, before start farming, should look for who you will sell to, otherwise contact to the CP rep or Cargill rep in that area and go as their contract farm. if you gonna raise below 10 thousands birds, then lets do it for fun. market price is varied a lot and more than 95% of bird population controlled by big companies.

if you like to be as a contract farm, you will need to invest around 200 Thai Baht per birds, this price gonna be covering all the cost. the profit excluding depreciation and labor cost you will get around 12-18 Baht per bird per cycle.

Yes Mr Kie , contract farming is what I was thinking, I have a budget of $10.000 to get me started. I was thinking of starting small and then expanding IF all goes well.

My opinion, before start farming, should look for who you will sell to, otherwise contact to the CP rep or Cargill rep in that area and go as their contract farm. if you gonna raise below 10 thousands birds, then lets do it for fun. market price is varied a lot and more than 95% of bird population controlled by big companies.

if you like to be as a contract farm, you will need to invest around 200 Thai Baht per birds, this price gonna be covering all the cost. the profit excluding depreciation and labor cost you will get around 12-18 Baht per bird per cycle.

Yes Mr Kie , contract farming is what I was thinking, I have a budget of $10.000 to get me started. I was thinking of starting small and then expanding IF all goes well.

My experience talking with the CP guys, you would need to invest at least 1 or 2 barns, each barn will be fit with 15000 to 25000 birds depending on the size. now in order to be as a contract farming you should have budget (cash) at least 25% of the total investment cost. to raise 15000 Birds you would need to invest around 3-4 million Baht and need to have cash around 25% or 750000 Baht.

My experience talking with the CP guys, you would need to invest at least 1 or 2 barns, each barn will be fit with 15000 to 25000 birds depending on the size. now in order to be as a contract farming you should have budget (cash) at least 25% of the total investment cost. to raise 15000 Birds you would need to invest around 3-4 million Baht and need to have cash around 25% or 750000 Baht.

Thanks Mr Kie I think I will have to re-think my plans as i don't want to invest that much money. Thanks for your input it has helped me a lot. What do you know about pig farming?

Thanks Mr Kie I think I will have to re-think my plans as i don't want to invest that much money. Thanks for your input it has helped me a lot. What do you know about pig farming?

Well... in pig contract farming, the investment is somehow lower, there are 2 types. for the first one,you will need to invest all the housing, labor cost, piglets as for starting, the total cost will be high but the benefit also will be higher than the second one.

Now... for the second type, you will need to invest only the housing whereas the other things like piglets, feed, vaccine, etc. will be paid by the company. but the benefit you will get is guaranteed only around 400-500 Baht/pig per cycle.

For the second type, it gonna cost you around 1.5 - 2 million Baht to build 1 stable fitting around 500-700 pigs. Again, you should have cash at least 25% and the rest can be from the bank. while you are raising, you will get paid the advance payment from the company around 15000 Baht/month. In one year you will be able to raise up to 2.2 cycles. no risk for this type and your income will be guaranteed. good luck! for your business.

Well... in pig contract farming, the investment is somehow lower, there are 2 types. for the first one,you will need to invest all the housing, labor cost, piglets as for starting, the total cost will be high but the benefit also will be higher than the second one.

Now... for the second type, you will need to invest only the housing whereas the other things like piglets, feed, vaccine, etc. will be paid by the company. but the benefit you will get is guaranteed only around 400-500 Baht/pig per cycle.

For the second type, it gonna cost you around 1.5 - 2 million Baht to build 1 stable fitting around 500-700 pigs. Again, you should have cash at least 25% and the rest can be from the bank. while you are raising, you will get paid the advance payment from the company around 15000 Baht/month. In one year you will be able to raise up to 2.2 cycles. no risk for this type and your income will be guaranteed. good luck! for your business.

Thanks for your advice very much appreciated. So if I had 2 Rai of land in Buriram ( for agriculture purposes ) What would you recommend i would rear/ grow? Not for huge profits but to keep her family busy and maybe a bit of profit?