My Cat and....a visiting "King Cobra"

Mrjlh

It's a cobra burp.gif thailand only has cobras ...

The coloration shows that it a King Cobra and what a stupid statement to say that Thailand only has cobras.

They don't have humor in your home country. No? thumbsup.gif

Humor has no place on such serious subjects!!!!! A cat might have been hurt!!! This might hurt the Darwinist ability to keep cats domesticated!!!!!

i am from east germany......born in 1935.......i have never smiled........the wall actually hit me when it came down!!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the cobra's in your house you'd have to kill it. You can't just leave it alone it till it goes on it's way, and without one of those snake catcher tools you'd be risking your life trying to catch it.

If the cobra's in your house you'd have to kill it. You can't just leave it alone it till it goes on it's way, and without one of those snake catcher tools you'd be risking your life trying to catch it.

Not really. We had a cobra in our kitchen a few years ago:

post-5469-0-52048900-1454034662_thumb.jp

I used a long broom to gently coax the snake into a trash can lying on it's side. After putting the lid on the trash can, we carried it to some near by rice fields and released it. The snake was not very aggressive at all, and at no point was I in any risk of being bitten by it.

Sophon

How do we know it is a "King" Cobra? I understand unlike many cobras they don't hang around near human habitation preferring forest. As you mention a fully grown adult can be 15 foot long - it is by far the largest venomous snake.

How do you know a can of Coke is a can of coke? How do you know a Ford Focus is a Ford Focus? At the risk of sounding like Wittgenstein, if you can't see the family resemblance then there's no finite statement of characteristics that will persuade you. smile.png

Do snakes stink ?

yes i can smell snakes a mile off , they piss every where.

There's an interesting science experiment. You'd think that the ammonia smell would warn the rats, but toxoplasmosis makes rats bold around cats thus allowing the parasite to complete its life cycle. I wonder if toxoplasmosis makes rats bold around snakes when they'd normally be warned off?

There's an interesting science experiment. You'd think that the ammonia smell would warn the rats, but toxoplasmosis makes rats bold around cats thus allowing the parasite to complete its life cycle. I wonder if toxoplasmosis makes rats bold around snakes when they'd normally be warned off?

Thanks for mentioning that. Sent me to the Googlesphere, found some interesting reading.

I did read it infects warm blooded hosts, so snakes may not be susceptible.

How do we know it is a "King" Cobra? I understand unlike many cobras they don't hang around near human habitation preferring forest. As you mention a fully grown adult can be 15 foot long - it is by far the largest venomous snake.

How do you know a can of Coke is a can of coke? How do you know a Ford Focus is a Ford Focus? At the risk of sounding like Wittgenstein, if you can't see the family resemblance then there's no finite statement of characteristics that will persuade you. smile.png

I don't think your identification is up to much...i

don't think it is a King Cobra, i think it is just a cobra

The scales of a King Cobra around the head a different than a Cobra. But the stripes and the underbelly on this guy are a dead give away.

Look at google images for the difference between Baby Cobra, then look at Baby King Cobra

Or check out viperkeeper and buzzard.

Edited by steffi

souinds like more of an ID....except for the enormous variation in colouring on all Cobras.

What gets me is that EVERY time a cobra appears on here on in a neighbour's garden, they always swear blind it was a "KING" cobra.....the big problem is that they simply don't like that sort of habitat. They are the only snake to make nests and protect them and this tends to be in deep forest.

I can see that a young one might get lost or that it might escape from captivity as well.........

It's like when in UK people swear blind they've been bitten by this or that when the only venomous snake in he UK is the adder....famous for its color variations.

I'm sorry but I can make out the scales on that photo....can you??????