Ai Weiwei closes Copenhagen exhibition in protest of Danish asylum seeker law

webfact

Ai Weiwei closes Copenhagen exhibition in protest of Danish asylum seeker law
By Tim Hume, Carol Jordan and Brooke Bowman, CNN

(CNN)Chinese artist and political activist Ai Weiwei announced Wednesday he is closing an exhibition in Copenhagen following the Danish government's passage of a law empowering it to seize valuables from asylum seekers.

The artist made the statement regarding his exhibition at Copenhagen's Faurschou Foundation, "Ruptures," on his Instagram account.

He wrote that the decision "follows the Danish parliament's approval of the law proposal that allows seizing valuables and delaying family reunions for asylum seekers."

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/27/arts/denmark-ai-weiwei-exhibition-closed/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-01-28

He's right. Expecting muslim migrants to be under the same laws as the infidels is intolerable.

I don't think family reunions are so important for the migrants. I mean, if they cared about their family they(young military age males) would not be abandoning their families and heading abroad to collect free stuff.

Amazing how a guest and a dissident in a foreign country allow himself to question the very same government who gave him asylum and protection, go back to China Weiwei and protests from there buddy and see how many minutes you'll last...

Ai Weiwei pulls out of exhibt in protest at Denmark’s migration rules

606x341_322546.jpg

COPENHAGEN: -- The dissident Chinese artist Ai Weiwei is to withdraw from two exhibitions in Denmark in protest at a controversial migration law passed by parliament this week. It allows for the confiscation of asylum seekers’ valuables to pay for their upkeep.

The closures include his Ruptures exhibition at the Faurschou Foundation in Copenhagen.

The Foundation’s owner Jens Faurschou, while disappointed, has backed the artist’s decision.

“He has now one of the biggest voices in the world, globally and he uses that voice and I think that’s very good.”

Earlier this month Ai was on the Greek island of Lesbos where thousands of migrants have either landed in over crowded boats or died in the attempt as they flee war or poverty .

Ai who is known for his criticism of China’s human rights record said he’d been shocked that the Danish government had decided to seize refugees’ private property.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-28

So he tries to blackmail government or send a message?

I see him as just another leftist person that thinks that there should be no borders and no rule of law. I've been a bit suspicious of him earlier and now he seems to show his true colors.

As a message to him (which he never will read, I'm sure) I'd like to tell him that Europe will seize to exist if the level of immigration today is allowed to be continued. But I am sure he couldn't care less. What matters is his own fame and glory and <deleted> the rest.