Anti-slip treatment.

Wee Jimmy

Hi Guys,

17 years ago I tiled all round my house with ceramic tiles. As you will all know these tile are very dangerous when wet.

Does anyone know where I can in get an ant-slip solution which can be applied to the tiles?

I have tried numerous places with negative results.

Surely I'm not the only one to have made the mistake of laying ceramic tile around the house and then have regretted it.

Any other ideas other than lift the tiles and concrete would be appreciated.

Don't believe most people regret using tile - just keep it dry. For bathroom/kitchen areas use the normal non slip type tiles (easily available). Anti slip (bath) mats are an option where this is not possible.

Lift the tiles and replace with proper type is really not that hard or expensive (pay others to do).

These tiles are outside the home. I've got visitors from Germany staying with me who have a tile business in Germany and they say there is a solution called Lithofin Anti-Slip. This solution is applied to the tiles.

It's something like that I'm looking for in Thailand. Might have to get it from Germany but the postage would be more than the product.

These tiles are outside the home. I've got visitors from Germany staying with me who have a tile business in Germany and they say there is a solution called Lithofin Anti-Slip. This solution is applied to the tiles.

It's something like that I'm looking for in Thailand. Might have to get it from Germany but the postage would be more than the product.

a lot of products we used overseas are not available here, have been after certain paints here for a few years but the only place I can get them is Australia, NZ or the US. Want to paint over all the crap varnish work inside/outside the house and Bulls Eye 123 acrylic is the best way to do it(all the oil based undercoats have very strong fumes) plus I want to use a gloss acrylic over it so it needs to be an acrylic base for better adhesion. Will be interesting to see if you can get it from Germany, you will have to post the results as they do not allow these products to be sent on planes through the post.

a lot of products we used overseas are not available here, have been after certain paints here for a few years but the only place I can get them is Australia, NZ or the US. Want to paint over all the crap varnish work inside/outside the house and Bulls Eye 123 acrylic is the best way to do it(all the oil based undercoats have very strong fumes) plus I want to use a gloss acrylic over it so it needs to be an acrylic base for better adhesion. Will be interesting to see if you can get it from Germany, you will have to post the results as they do not allow these products to be sent on planes through the post.

I agree with your statement about not allowing these products on planes.

Will wait and see if this thread gets more mention of a Thai product.

I found an old thread from 2008 mentioning SlipCare Invisible anti-slip from Home Renovation Center - Call centre 02 729 7400

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/229458-anti-slip-tile-coating-any-recommendations/

I can't find a web page for the shop or product mentioned and the phone number would have been updated with an extra digit since then.

Siam Traffic have safety walk adhesive strips in larger sizes but costly. http://www.siamtraffic.com/en/3m-products/safety-products/safety-walk-slip-resistant/

There's always a pebble coating that we've used at the entrances to the wifes shops. They lay down a slurry then spread ~3mm pebbles.

Edited by Farma

I have seen anti-slip solution in HomePro.

Paint it on with a brush and it dries clear (according to the instructions).

I have never used it, so can't comment about its effectiveness, but it is expensive - about 500 baht less than 1 ltr if memory serves me correctly - so maybe not good for a large area.

You can find it, not in the paints/decorating or tiling sections, but with the imported cleaning materials.

post-62323-0-05308000-1454132809_thumb.j

17 years ??not really urgent then ??whistling.gif

Not urgent 17 years ago but now as I near my 69th birthday and the legs are not so good it's time to do something about it!

Might be good to have pair of bathroom non-slip sandals to wear outside.

17 years ??not really urgent then ??whistling.gif

Not urgent 17 years ago but now as I near my 69th birthday and the legs are not so good it's time to do something about it!

Might be good to have pair of bathroom non-slip sandals to wear outside.

You gave me an idea. I brought Speedo brand slippers from Europe...they are great outside because very easy to slip in and have drainage holes. They might be nonslip, didn't test that yet but they are for pro swimmers.

About bringing chemicals i never heard it was illegal. Brought several 1-5 litre bottles in my suitcase without any problem.

But whatever it costs i wouldn't want to have those slippery tiles all Thai like to have and i'm far from being aged. At your age i also would install stainless railings everywhere i walk around my house so you can always hold yourself...the heat makes one weak sometimes.

• 1 month later...