VPN that is European based and where it works for bbc iplayer

ghworker2010

I know originally from the US,but they have a Gmbh address is Hotspot Shield. I use it for BBC iPlayer,SKY and Netflix(both UK and US),other Countries are available.

I did have a problem once,but I contacted them and they had a fix within a few days and thanked me for advising them. I normally pay $20 for the Elite yearly service.

Okayfreedom is a German company, they are offering a years free

subscription on Giveawayradar website that offers free apps daily.

Browsec also works ok but they are Russian based,also free.

Zenmate also a German based company,easy to use,but need to pay

if you want to use for UK .

regards Worgeordie

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to put just my browser through a VPN, but nothing else. Firefox can be configured for a proxy, but finding a proxy that will get BBC etc to work is a bit of a problem... unless you have found one? ;)

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to put just my browser through a VPN, but nothing else. Firefox can be configured for a proxy, but finding a proxy that will get BBC etc to work is a bit of a problem... unless you have found one? wink.png

Try Anonymix (sp?) from Germany. Get it as an add-on from Firefox. Limited to 500mb a day free or $5.89 US/month. I've been using it for 2 years now.

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to put just my browser through a VPN, but nothing else. Firefox can be configured for a proxy, but finding a proxy that will get BBC etc to work is a bit of a problem... unless you have found one? wink.png

Try Anonymix (sp?) from Germany. Get it as an add-on from Firefox. Limited to 500mb a day free or $5.89 US/month. I've been using it for 2 years now.

Thanks for the tip. I don't mind paying for a service that actually works wink.png Have you been using both BBC and ITV players on it without issues?

Edit to add..... Installed and running ok, definitely slows the connection down, but that's normal for a proxy. Will try the players soon.

Good recommendation -- :)

Edited by jpinx

Hola unlocker still works for the BBC but several IP changes may be needed (click the UK flag and choose 'fix it').

StrongVPN has a BBC solution, costs about a dollar a week.

Strong vpn are U.S based.

They have many UK servers, but I see what you mean, our OP specifically wanted a VPN that wasn't US based.

iPlayr still working with Browsec on Chrome.

does this free option keep log files of your browsing? most free VPNs do

Who gives a toss? Are you a spy or something?

Just turn it off when you've finished watching iPlayer.

I turn it off once it starts better speeds that my trick these days .. also don't understand why people download via torrent when so many site stream them these days even all the latest stuff movies / tv series and live tv and sports .. my days are over with torrents to 90s tongue.png and its all free ?

Edited by Nicolas32

I turn it off once it starts better speeds that my trick these days .. also don't understand why people download via torrent when so many site stream them these days even all the latest stuff movies / tv series and live tv and sports .. my days are over with torrents to 90s tongue.png and its all free ?

Because, I don't have to deal with VPN's and configuring browsers, nothing on TV that I can't wait a day or two to see. And all this free streaming stuff is on their time zone, not mine in Thailand

if something is really worth watching like a good movie or a sporting event i dont mind waiting for the torrent to download in dvd or blueray quality

but it depends what youre watching it on too .......and obviously also the connection speed you can stream it at .........

Because, I don't have to deal with VPN's and configuring browsers, nothing on TV that I can't wait a day or two to see. And all this free streaming stuff is on their time zone, not mine in Thailand

There's a lot of free streaming stuff play on demand as well, so no need to worry about time zones. Perhaps Nicolas32 is referring to this as well?