German couple injured as motorbike slams into Phuket tour bus

rooster59

German couple injured as motorbike slams into Phuket tour bus

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-82783700-1454686515_thumb.

Both the German man driving the motorbike and his female passenger escaped serious injury. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A German man and woman were taken to hospital this morning (Feb 5) after the motorbike they were riding crashed into the back of the tour bus in Rawai.

The accident occurred near the Family Mart convenience store on the Rawai beach road at about 10:20am, said Maj Patiwat Yodkhawn of the Chalong Police.

“By the time we arrived, rescue workers had already taken both victims to Phuket International Hospital,” he said.

“We were told that the motorbike driver suffered injuries to his right leg while his female passenger suffered minor injuries.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/german-couple-injured-as-motorbike-slams-into-phuket-tour-bus-56084.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-05

I can't figure out how the scooter managed to dive under the bus when slamming into it.

Unless they braked too strong before hitting the bus, fell down, fell off the scooter which then continued to slide under the bus - in which case "slam into the bus" would not be correct.

Either way, good that there was no serious injury. Wishing a quick recovery.

The traffic along Rawai Beach is becoming a problem, with the increasing number of tour buses and especially considering that both lanes are often used for parking and that there are all those restaurants with the kitchen on one side and the tables on the other side of the road. The waiters try their best when walking back and forth across the road, but it's a recipe for disaster.

Only a fool brakes the two second rule.

Why you should not follow too closely to the vehicle in front.

I see so many fools every day , Thai and foreigner.

im still unsure if i should take my dashcam out today and save the footage i have from yesterday.

A gentleman from australia wearing a mexican wool short sleeved vest on a bike on chaofa west, knees as far as possible out, riding between the 2 lanes, looking left and right and never to the front (practicing his runway look), almost smashing into swerving cars left and right and combing his air in the process.

#qualitytourism

I see so many fools every day , Thai and foreigner.

im still unsure if i should take my dashcam out today and save the footage i have from yesterday.

A gentleman from australia wearing a mexican wool short sleeved vest on a bike on chaofa west, knees as far as possible out, riding between the 2 lanes, looking left and right and never to the front (practicing his runway look), almost smashing into swerving cars left and right and combing his air in the process.

#qualitytourism

I think you should post the video so the rest of us can get some insights into how you decided the nationality of this rider and his vest. And, from your description, his actions may provide some humour.

I'm also intrigued at how you decided the guy on that other thread was French Canadian and that he was looking for a French language school for his kids.

If you run into the vehicle in front your wrong, at least that is law in NZ.

And your to close, keep you distance especially in LOS , these clowns think nothing of tailgating at 120 kmph.

Just gonna post the start of his journey, he got a bit more excited later on

also, its easy to slam in the back of trucks when people turn with their eyes closed when cars are coming 85+, too lazy to get it from an other video but most days i see people turning way closer at those speed.. like 5-10m ahead.

Just gonna post the start of his journey, he got a bit more excited later on

also, its easy to slam in the back of trucks when people turn with their eyes closed when cars are coming 85+, too lazy to get it from an other video but most days i see people turning way closer at those speed.. like 5-10m ahead.

Yer... Entertaining... Mind you the second half may have been better to post, if you say it was more entertaining, as I see this type of thing every day ( I should get a dash cam).

Tatts and a wife beater shirt I see... But what makes you say he's Australian?

What makes him special is the runway poses he was making and the chicken dance after almost getting hit. I see way crazier tourist and thais everyday, though expats in toyota vios/honda waves are usually the worst of all

Edited by bearpolar

What makes him special is the runway poses he was making and the chicken dance after almost getting hit. I see way crazier tourist and thais everyday, though expats in toyota vios/honda waves are usually the worst of all

I see crazy driving each and every day. I have dash camera running always. Might be worth starting a topic only for crazy dash cam videos.

I see crazy driving each and every day. I have dash camera running always. Might be worth starting a topic only for crazy dash cam videos.

I have a thai related domain that i wanted to use for this but im worried that the military will get involved as there would be hundreds of hours of footage in a very short time.

If you brake the two second rule do you not leave enough time to break if the vehicle in front stops?

Nothing is ever perfect. But with a dry road and in normal conditions and as long as you are doing similar speeds, a two second gap should be enough to react to the brake lights in front and stop.

In the wet the distance at least doubles.

'It's starting to pour so I will make it four'

I have a thai related domain that i wanted to use for this but im worried that the military will get involved as there would be hundreds of hours of footage in a very short time.

I do not think you need worry. There is tons of footage on youtube. I have a channel on youtube dedicated to road safety. I would be interested in seeing your footage.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD28U3l47mf2PmX_3JivcaUMfCkQUO5Va