Helmetless Thai moped driver dead after collision with car driven by Russian man

rooster59

Helmetless Thai moped driver dead after collision with car driven by Russian man

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-72993900-1454823220_thumb.

PHUKET: Police have yet to appoint blame in an accident that resulted in the death of a 20-year-old Thai man near Surin Beach this morning.

Police and First Responder personnel were alerted at 8am to the accident, which occured at a bend in the road, about 300 metres from Laem Sing cape, near Surin Beach in Cherng Talay.

Upon arriving to the scene, volunteers helped collect the body of 20-year-old Sa-gone Kun-nui, who was lying lifeless in a pool of his own blood on the pavement.

Nearby was the white Honda MSX moped-style motorbike that the victim had reportedly been riding.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/helmetless-thai-moped-driver-dead-after-collision-with-car-driven-by-russian-man-56100.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-07

The foreigner is to blame because had he not come to Thai, this would've never happened!

Either meant as a funny remark, which it is not, of as a true remark, which it is not.

So why make the remark?

There's no truth to the statement at all? From what I understand a legal battle between a Thai and a foreigner usually end up with the Thai the victorious part. If it really is so or not would really be interesting to know. Is there any statistics?

Did they take the Russians passport?

Mr Cherkasov was invited him to the Cherng Talay Police Station for further questioning

He was invited cheesy.gif

In this country you will always get invited by officers of different uniform colors.

You can bet your .. that they took his passport and requested a high bail.

(although Phuket News favored to leave out further details)

I would really like to be positively surprised by follow up news that he was cleared and free to walk/leave.

Edited by KhunBENQ

All these urban legends about automatically being the Farang's fault blah blah blah. I've had three accidents, no dramas, fully paid insurance, exonerated of any blame in all cases.

In one instance I'd cleared my totalled truck of my possessions, being a pool cue, and the cop asks if he can have a look at it. He screws it together and plays a few dummy shots across his desk. Nice bloke, even gave me a ride to the closest taxi stand.

Back on topic - if the Russian was on his side of the road he should have nothing to worry about.

I feel sorry for the bloke that died, but no helmet is a definite no win situation in any incident. I'm speechless when I see Thais and non-Thais riding bikes or scooters at any speed without a helmet. Lunacy in motion.

in my experience of Thailand road accidents, its seams that motorcycle verses Car in most cases

the car is the loser Farrang or Thai driver. does the Police have a thing about cars ?

The Thai thinking is that car owner must have money and/or good insurance so car should pay. My Thai wife always told me that if I have a crash, makes sures it's with a BMW or Benz. Never crash into a banged up old pick-up as they have no money ....

Years ago I had a m/bike crash with a Thai on his m/bike. Police decided in my favour but the Thai guy ran away and never paid my bike damages ...

The foreigner is to blame because had he not come to Thai, this would've never happened!

Either meant as a funny remark, which it is not, of as a true remark, which it is not.

So why make the remark?

14 thousand posts and you've never heard that thai comment before??? do you read any comments or just jump in and attack people?

i dunno what my post count is but ive heard it and read it dozens of times. why dont you read up before gobbing off because its what a lot of them say.....which is probably why he said it.

Yes, of course I have heard the comment before. Why do you think I have not heard it before.

But it is not true, hence my comment. It is not true nor is it funny, so better not to post a remark like that.

You've just read it one more time, does not make it more true.

I agree Steven. It may have been somewhat true back before there was insurance in Thailand, but now with insurance companies involved, it all about who's at fault. I was rear ended by a Thai many years ago and their insurance paid. So these days, it's one of those old "urban myths!"

All these urban legends about automatically being the Farang's fault blah blah blah. I've had three accidents, no dramas, fully paid insurance, exonerated of any blame in all cases.

In one instance I'd cleared my totalled truck of my possessions, being a pool cue, and the cop asks if he can have a look at it. He screws it together and plays a few dummy shots across his desk. Nice bloke, even gave me a ride to the closest taxi stand.

Back on topic - if the Russian was on his side of the road he should have nothing to worry about.

I feel sorry for the bloke that died, but no helmet is a definite no win situation in any incident. I'm speechless when I see Thais and non-Thais riding bikes or scooters at any speed without a helmet. Lunacy in motion.

If you have had 3 accidents in Thailand I would quit driving your pushing your luck. That is equal to a cat with 9 lives.

If you have had 3 accidents in Thailand I would quit driving your pushing your luck. That is equal to a cat with 9 lives.

:facepalm:

So why make the remark?

There's no truth to the statement at all? From what I understand a legal battle between a Thai and a foreigner usually end up with the Thai the victorious part. If it really is so or not would really be interesting to know. Is there any statistics?

Statistics are not necessary in order to recognise a nonsense post.

I feel for the russian guy. the locals have no sense of self preservation.

now thanks to some whitless, clueless driver with no sense of safety and little in the way of commen sense his life will be in danger.

I am so sorry ruskie, these people have no clude, no commen sense, no idea. I feel for you and your family at this time. I hope you don't have to fork out of your pocket for some half wit driver

'Police have yet to appoint blame in an accident that resulted in the death of a 20-year-old Thai man near Surin Beach this morning.' Presumably, the usual, and illegal, lack of a helmet was a contributory factor.

'Nearby was the white Honda MSX moped-style motorbike ...' Unless it sported pedals, it wasn't a moped, -style, or otherwise.

Can't squeeze blood from a turnip, so of course it is the Russians fault. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone of any nationality that is so willfully stupid as to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

I drove big bikes without an helmet ( no law yet) when I was young. I drove a big bike, a cruiser with a windshield without helmet in Thailand, knowing the consequences.

Always blaming Thais being stupid for not wearing a helmet in a country where neither their teachers, nor many cops are wearing a helmet, is insane.

That's maybe why they call it an "accident?"

ac·ci·dent

ˈaksədənt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. Or death.
Edited by lostinisaan