Maybe you need to keep up with what has been said over the last 12 month's

I see E/S has just posted again.

I was wondering when he would pop his head up

The saga keeps going on

Interesting Friday night reading

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fantastic that Nancy is making us aware of all this.  Surely most of us had the impression that CM Immigration was unique and did not operate with the normal routines found in other government offices and businesses in general and we needed her help to open our eyes.

Thank you Nancy for your insites and for sharing your disdain which we hope you find refreshing and rewarding.

I understand that TM30 was an old requirement which was not enforced by Immigration throughout Thailand

Then after the Bangkok bombing the government instructed Immigration to enforce THE law to tight up on expat addresses

Nothing WHATSOEVER to do with Nancy L

With respect to G4T, its up to each individual what they do, I personally do everything myself, some people take the easier route and pay G4T, other may need Visa Agent help

With respect to Nancy L, I believe its beneficial that Nancy actively monitors IMM, simply because they know we EXPATS are watching, otherwise they COULD try and push everyone through a Visa Agent

I recently had a conversation with a senior IMM officer at PROM and he mentioned using Visa Agent full time, just as you do when renewing PASSPORTS in the UK / AUSTRALIA

You are forced to use an agent...NO CHOICE

I personally DO NOT want the to happen with IMM issues

59 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

But  you conviently forget,Nancy L

that on this forum  you posted, calling for volounteers,  to be trained as observers , on day to day operations of the Immgr  Dept, etc etc

and in addition,  asked for any  video experts , who could  produce, under the cover of darkness, etc etc, and crazily, around around  the Bangkok bombing times

which I.M.O led to your ban etc etc and possibly a TM30 was  swung into action, due to your  lack of decorum towards C/Mai,s Immgr Dept etc etc

now presently you are on another mission impossible, bringing Promenada  G4T visa  agency , into disrepute,without a single,  scap of evidence to support your claims

now twist E/S post, around to your ideals

its a Chubby Checker , good evening to all

What part of this is illegal, immoral or fattening?

The "cover of darkness" is because we're forced to queue at 3 am.

25 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

I recently had a conversation with a senior IMM officer at PROM and he mentioned using Visa Agent full time, just as you do when renewing PASSPORTS in the UK / AUSTRALIA

don,t know about the  Old Blighty

but in the Land Down Under no visa agent is required at all, for a renewal of a passport

Australia Post Office service this matter, Goverment owned

where are u coming from, saying us Aussies, are forced to use a agent , to renew a passport???

its a Ray Brown  and The Whispers good nite to all

With respect to Passport agents, I included Australia which is not correct, however many countries are using VFS in Bangkok for renewal's / visa, UK, Sweden, Denmark etc.

At the end of the day here in Chiang Mai, all we want is to go to IMM PROM during normal office hours to complete our business

This happens in most IMM country wide

The Land Department, , Amphur and  Tessabann does have the same issues as the IMM offices in Chiang Mai

You go to their office during normal offices hours

2 hours ago, HullyGully said:

I understand that TM30 was an old requirement which was not enforced by Immigration throughout Thailand

Then after the Bangkok bombing the government instructed Immigration to enforce THE law to tight up on expat addresses

Nothing WHATSOEVER to do with Nancy L

With respect to G4T, its up to each individual what they do, I personally do everything myself, some people take the easier route and pay G4T, other may need Visa Agent help

With respect to Nancy L, I believe its beneficial that Nancy actively monitors IMM, simply because they know we EXPATS are watching, otherwise they COULD try and push everyone through a Visa Agent

I personally DO NOT want the to happen with IMM issues

If they wanted to tighten up and enforce the law why are they not doing it in Bangkok tm30s were the atrocities occureds stop trying to defend the indefensible.p

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

What part of this is illegal, immoral or fattening?

The "cover of darkness" is because we're forced to queue at 3 am.

not  claiming to be a Lawyer,and can be certainly  be corrected, is that your Immgr Dept, activities, that you have posted,could be well be illegal

due to loitering  or harassment ,directed to a Goverment Dept

and no expat is forced to  queue at 3.am  ,they solely take it on ,  themselves.

its a lovely morning to all

"I understand that TM30 was an old requirement which was not enforced by Immigration throughout Thailand

Then after the Bangkok bombing the government instructed Immigration to enforce THE law to tight up on expat addresses"

I have just received a similar briefing from a friend who knows about these matters.

A Government Decree post The Erwan Shrine Bombing in Bangkok.

Mind you as he says to me Unless all the information is placed immediately onto the computer, "which he understands is not happening''  it's not really useful to keeping track of all of us Naughty Frangs.

john

38 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There's certain people that pay good for that sort of 'service'.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

38 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There's certain people that pay good for that sort of 'service'.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Now that would be a golden movement

I have been seeking a tm30 Receipt in order to obtain a Res Cert in order to apply for a Driving License.

Having received so much advice that helped - thought I should detail the end result of my search for the mythical tm30 Receipt - I had only come across it because of the Driving License issue.

From research I could see that the tm30 receipt was the bottom portion of the tm30 Form as sent in to Immi by a House Master ( Owner of a Property) for any Aliens being accommodated there.

Firstly checked my Guest House to see if they did indeed notify Client arrivals.
They confirmed that they fill in a list each day which they pass to Immi - but although arrivals are listed individually only a single tm30 Receipt for the daily list seems issued by Immi - makes sense - so not much 'joy' there.
Unfortunately they had difficulty finding the list for my arrival date.
In any event the individual PP Nos did not appear to be infilled on the list so not sure how entries could be tied in with the tm6 arrival cards.

Decided to visit 2nd floor Immi Promenada with Passport - tm6 - etc to 'throw myself on their mercy' :sad: to simply see if they could throw any light on the subject for me tm30 wise - so that I could maybe progress things from there.

Ensured wife with me in order to project a good PR image - 'stability' - 'decent chap'  etc.
Arrived circa 2pm via Free Promenada Bus.

Young girl at the door smiled and gave me a number - indicated to sit and wait.
Within 5 minutes a stern faced lady called me to a desk.
She put my Passport into a folder then after listening  very briefly to my 'waffle' and obviously having decided that I had nothing of value to say just 'shooed' me back to me seat.

The folder was passed to the next guy along and I waited for maybe 5 minutes while he studied Passport and 'pinged' about on his keyboard.
He then called me by name and passed me back my Passport and there with it was the much sought personal tm30 Receipt.
In shock I tottered out - after the build up it was all so easy and no charges. :smile:

Maybe I was just lucky - I had not expected to get anything other than some form of clarification and then have to organise for an early morning trip to deal with the situation.
From my experience I can only compliment the staff - to arrive after 2pm and then be shopping at Rimping Promenada by 2.30pm with my tm30 receipt safe in top pocket.

Only point to make - not a criticism -  is that I cannot be sure if at any stage anyone understood a word of what I said - there had been practically no dialogue throughout.:smile:
No reason why I should expect English spoken but my Thai is lamentable - will have to fix that.

OK - now for the Res Cert.:smile:

Best Rgds.

Good on you factseeker for directly approaching Imm. Prom. to, umm, seek the facts about whether you had an up-to-date TM30 on file in their system.  Had you gone to an agent, I suspect they would have "sold" you their service to file a new TM30.

And the staff at Immigration, second floor office, is also to be commended to responding favorably to your inquiry.  The fact they weren't smiling and cheerful isn't esp. relevant -- they did their job efficiently, and had every opportunity to make life difficult for you if they'd wanted.

18 minutes ago, mesquite said:

So will factseeker have to do this every time he leaves Thailand and returns?

Doubtful since he just needed the paper for his Cert of Resicence/drivers licence process.

Folks staying in guest houses and hotels generally do not need a TM 30 receipt in their passports and it would be utter chaos if it was required.

Cheers.

53 minutes ago, mesquite said:

So will factseeker have to do this every time he leaves Thailand and returns?

according to my former Visa Agent,  the above has to be carried out, and within 24 hrs of arriving  can be corrected on the latter ,and  E/S  will be doing so

A Chelsea F.C. good morning to all

58 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Doubtful since he just needed the paper for his Cert of Resicence/drivers licence process.

Folks staying in guest houses and hotels generally do not need a TM 30 receipt in their passports and it would be utter chaos if it was required.

Cheers.

Technically, places of commercial residence (guesthouse, hotel etc) are obligated to do it for you... Which is why I guess theres an equivalent TM28 for you to do in the law. 

But I note the reports of a person in Jomtien who even staying in a hotel was fined trying to get a residence certificate.. The Hotel refused to provide proof it had been lodged, wouldnt talk to immigration when pushed and he was in the position he was in. So yes there are cases of being fined for hotels not doing thier legal obligation. 

59 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Technically, places of commercial residence (guesthouse, hotel etc) are obligated to do it for you...

Do you mean that they are obligated to put a TM 30 receipt in the passports of all guests?

17 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Do you mean that they are obligated to put a TM 30 receipt in the passports of all guests?

No they are obligated, via your passport, to log you ON-LINE and if you are nervous ask them to print off the log

On 15/01/2017 at 9:17 AM, Dante99 said:

Cheers.

HI,

I agree with that - from research I now know that my Guest House has to send in a list every day - it gets picked up circa 12 noon.

Bearing in mind the volume of 1 or 2 day stayers - as you say it would be mayhem for issuing receipts to each.

From what I have seen Immi  just issue a single receipt to the Guest House for the days list - I have seen copy of an actual such Receipt.

If you need an individual Receipt I assume it is over to Promenada - you just have to hope of course  that you were listed when you arrived as happily must have been in my case.

I will make sure in future that I go on the list on arrival including  PP No.

Rgds.

On 15/01/2017 at 9:17 AM, Dante99 said:

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Update ; just came back from Immigration and they confirmed what my assistant told me already last year September when i re-entered Thailand.

You need to go to Immigration within 24 hours to update your old slip !

Even when you go on a holiday in Thailand and stay at a hotel / resort or guest house for only a few days

These places have to report you ,so when you come back to your living town just go to immigration with your passport and old slip and new departure card if applicable,then they will make an update and give a small stamp on your slip.

No need to fill in all the forms if you are already in their system.

Cheers

13 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Update ; just came back from Immigration and they confirmed what my assistant told me already last year September when i re-entered Thailand.

You need to go to Immigration within 24 hours to update your old slip !

Even when you go on a holiday in Thailand and stay at a hotel / resort or guest house for only a few days

These places have to report you ,so when you come back to your living town just go to immigration with your passport and old slip and new departure card if applicable,then they will make an update and give a small stamp on your slip.

No need to fill in all the forms if you are already in their system.

Cheers

As I noted earlier in the thread, I complained (politely) several months ago as to why some officers are saying one must update when one is gone anywhere for 24 hours or more and other officers are saying one only needs to update when re-entering the country.  The Immigration Officer acknowledged that there are two different stories emanating from their office.  When I then asked the Officer what I should do (whether I should only update when re-entering the country or update even if I spend a night or more in another Thai city hotel), the exact answer I got was "Up to you."

If anybody has been fined for not updating after spending a few days outside Chiangmai (but within Thailand), hopefully that info will get posted so others are aware.  Pending that, I'm only updating when I re-enter the country.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 7:00 AM, CMBob said:

As I noted earlier in the thread, I complained (politely) several months ago as to why some officers are saying one must update when one is gone anywhere for 24 hours or more and other officers are saying one only needs to update when re-entering the country.  The Immigration Officer acknowledged that there are two different stories emanating from their office.  When I then asked the Officer what I should do (whether I should only update when re-entering the country or update even if I spend a night or more in another Thai city hotel), the exact answer I got was "Up to you."

If anybody has been fined for not updating after spending a few days outside Chiangmai (but within Thailand), hopefully that info will get posted so others are aware.  Pending that, I'm only updating when I re-enter the country.

Update again;

Just back form Koh Samed , thinking i do the correct thing and go for the update.

They were looking confused at immigration and asked me what do you want ?

The first lady i went too and told i was at Samed told me she would update, she then  gave my passport to the woman next to her who told me after a 30 minute wait only come here when you re-enter Thailand. 

Archived